$ for Shallow

Ukulele vs The Rain
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jungshin stopped his car in front of the club. He turn his body to talk to everyone. "I'm going to have dinner date with Jieun first. It's been long time we didn't have siblings talk."

Jieun was taken aback. open wide for feeling surprise. Jungshin never really likes to hang out with her before.

"What's wrong with him?" Shinhye ask Baro as soon as Jungshin's car left.

Baro staring at the car that keep moving away. "Things happened."

[Flashback_a morning in Namyangjoo]

"Ah ne~ I think I remember her. She looks younger than this picture. Though it hasn't been long time. But young kids nowadays grow up so fast," said an ahjumma at a convenience store.

"Jinjja ahjumma? Do you know her?" Jungshin's voice louder for feeling excited.

"Ne. What's her name? Joo... Joohee..?"

Jungshin and Baro exchange stare, sense something will end up off again.

"Ah! Junhee! That's right. Junhee, the Jung family's daughter. She's really pretty and sweet. I still remember when she was younger, she..."

Jungshin and Baro listen to the ahjumma's story half-heartedly. They knew that this is not the answer they need. Jungshin release a long and heavy breath. This is time. He have to give up and stop thinking about her again. He have to let her go.

"... their family are such a good people. The kids play music very well. Oh! Mahta! I heard they have one kid who study overseas..."

"NE???"

The ahjumma jump in shock. She massage her chest. "What's wrong with you kids??"

The two best friends bowing as appology.

"So do you know the other girl?" Jungshin show her Yoorin's picture again. "This girl, right?"

"Girl?" Ahjumma tilt her head as she look at the picture once again. "Isn't this Junhee? She looks a lot like Junhee."

"Ahjumma, this girl is Jung Yoorin." Baro said. He started to get impatient. Their investigation is about to find answer. It's right in front of their eyes. It suppose to be easier, one step ahead, it should be solve.

Ahjumma furrowed her eyebrow as she staring upsetly at them. 

"Ahjumma... perhaps... Junhee and Yoorin have similiar looks?" Jungshin asked hesistantly.

Ahjumma shrugged. "Who knows, I never sees that Yoorin girl you talk about. I'm not even sure the other kid is a girl. They never talk about her... or him, never even once I heard they mention that other kid. I don't that one is a girl or a boy."

Jungshin's hand fall weakly. He sighed heavyly. This will never end. Or should be the end?

Baro jump to the driver seat with a regret burdened on his shoulder. The regret he felt for Jungshin. It was his first and only investigation to help Jungshin looking for Yoorin but the failure he had makes he felt so down. He can't imagine what kind of roller coaster emotion Jungshin had during his journey.

Jungshin lean his head to the seat. He close his eyes tightly. "I would never find her again..."

Baro patted Jungshin's shoulder. "Let's go home."

"Let's have a drink." Jungshin open his eyes. He look down to have a last glimpse of Yoorin's picture. "Why her family so mysterious? As long as I knew her, I never heard she talks about her family. I knew she have one brother and sister, other than that," he shook his head, "she was so secretive."

Baro start the engine and drive. "But according to ahjumma's story, her family doesnt sound like weird or scary family."

Jungshin fold the picture carefully. "If they're normal, why she keep her family life story to herself? She never says anything. I'm not even sure Jonghyun knew her family."

"Well... I have nothing to say about that. I didnt even there. But... you sure, you will stop?"

Jungshin put Yoorin's picture in the deepest part of her wallet. "I let her go. But I'll keep her wallet as a stuff to remember. However she still my first love. People come and go. They're who want to go, better to let go. But no matter how distant our relationship become, memories will always stay and live."

"Ooohh..." Baro glance mischiveously at Jungshin. "Where are those words come from? I'm pretty sure it's not yours. Your brain is not that cool."

Jungshin shot a bored stare at Baro. "That's lyrics. Lee Jonghyun's song called Deeper Than Hate."

"Oh? Jinjja?" 

"Eung."

"I never heard that. Sing for me."

"What?"

"Ah nevermind, nevermind. You better not. I forgot, your voice is terrible."

Jungshin grab Baro's nape. "Ya!"

Baro giggled. "Ah it's tickling... it's tickling... stop it! Stop! Please! I'm driving here!!"

Jungshin laugh. "You better stop insult my voice. Dont do that again. You'll regret it once me being a successful director."

Baro snickered. "So scary. Right? It's scary because it wont happen."

Jungshin put his hand on Baro's shoulder. "Wanna taste the tickle again?"

"Ah ye, ye. Jweisonghamnida. I'll shut my mouth." He grinned. "Anyways, we'll head straight to the club or you want to go somewhere else?"

Jungshin staring at the road as he thinks. "I miss Jieun..."

Baro frowned. "Did I heard it right?"

Jungshin smiled. "It's really sad when we realize we cant be with someone we love anymore."

"What? What are you talkin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter