Stalking To My Heart

Ukulele vs The Rain
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Where were you slept? Were you went home after drop me and Baro off at Jungshin's place? Or vice versa?" Yonghwa asked after gathering his courage to talk.

"I went home because I'm not feeling well." She lied. She doesn't want him to know that she met Jonghyun last night while taking care of Yong at Jungshin's house.

"Did you catch a cold? I'm sorry. Because of me, you have to stayed all night."

Shinhye wave her hand nonchalantly. "Don't mention that. It's okay. I can't leave you after all. Your condition wasn't good and too risky to left alone."

Yonghwa smiled from ear to ear learned that she care for him. "Thank you so much. Indeed, you're such a good friend like I always thought."

Shinhye put a halfhearted smile as respond.

"So how are you feeling now? Are you okay? Feeling better?" He asked sincerely.

"Seriously? Who's gonna be okay after that moment?" She grumbling.

"Huh?"

"I'm not okay!" Shinhye hold Yonghwa's shoulder. "Let's preted I'm drunk by Americano. Now, you sit." She push Yong down but he didn't budge a bit. "I said, sit down."

Yonghwa confusedly obey her without a word. He flusttered when she suddenly sit on top of his lap regardless there's still a lot of space left next to him.

"Shi-shinhye... Shinhye-sshi..."

She hug his neck and move her face close to his. "Listen. You did a very wrong thing last night, and it's hard to be forgiven. I can't just let it slide no matter how much I want to. But I just can't. It's an important thing to me.”

"I-I did what? I'm sorry I can't remember any-anything." He stuttered. His heart beating much faster than usual, having his dream girl stay that close to him. He could feel her breath on his nose. And it's oddly refreshing.

Shinhye sneered. "You kissed me."

"What?"

"Kiss."

"Ki-ki-kiss? KISS??

"Like this."

She boldly move her face even closer and kiss him like he did last night. It's end up as a long deep kiss because he unconciously kiss her back and she lost her mind as well.

As the street lamps start around the park, they lips moving apart. Yonghwa slightly move forward when Shinhye let go of the kiss, as if wanting for more.

"You gave me a kiss which I've never ask, and I have no strenght to handle it. So I give it back to you." She gets up and walk away without looking back again.

Yonghwa was left dumbfounded and totaly blank. He stare at nothing in particular with a hard breath. "We kissed last night?" He touch his lips. "We kissed." He smile like a fool, daydreaming like he's drunk. "Cool."

He run after her and grab her hand. Trying to mimicking the famous scene from dramas where the main lead guy attemp to make the girl stay by grab her hand and drag her around rashly without her consent. But unluckily, Shinhye makes it fail. She startled and swing her hand which acccidentaly land into his face.

An on point attack.

Yonghwa grimaced. "Why are you do this to me?"

Shinhye, with her eyes and mouth open wide, touch his cheeks awkwardly.

He take a step back, afraid she'll hit him again. "I'm sorry if I bothered you. If you don't want to talk to me, it's okay. But you don't have to do this."

"No, no, no. I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I didn't mean to do that. I'm just startled."

"I asked your condition, because I want to say thank you, but you go away without a word. I didn't grab your hand to scare you or attemp to do something y. I just want to say thanks. Just thanks, before you go."

"Mwo?" She was taken aback by his word. Something was off. "What did you said?"

"Thanks." He said with a straight face, between confused and annoyed.

"No, no." Her eyes keep looking around and blinking, but she avoiding eyes contact with him. "You said... why-why did... why did you grab my hand?"

"Huh?" He look up and staring at the street lamp next to them. "Uh-oh. Blinding." He blink his eyes that hurt by the light. He chuckle, realize he did stupid things with staring at the bright lamp. Apparently arguing with this girl can make him lost his mind.

He look at the girl who staring at the ground and purse her lips like a kid scolded by her teacher. He can't help to smile. "i kept asked, 'are you okay?', but you only dazing while staring at me. Your face was red, so I thought your condition wasn't too well. I told you to sit at the bench, in case you dizzy or limp. But you just," he patted his nape, "you only stared at me in a creepy way, and honestly it's a bit... scary."

Her jaw's dropped. She feels ashamed with herself.

"So I shook you to wake you up, and you mumbled about can't handle something that I gave you, which I have no idea what is all about. And then, you turn around and left without a word."

She grab her hair with both hands, feeling hopeless and embarassing. Yonghwa hold his laughter while going on with his explanation.

"I ran after you to make sure you'll be okay even if you walk home alone, because with this situation, I think you wouldn't want me to take you home. So," he pause to take a breath, trying not to laugh is harder than he thought, "so I... tried, but you slapped me instead. It's... confusing."

"Haaaah~~" She lost her strenght to stand because of an overload embarassment. She squat down, hug her bag in between her knees and chest, and hide her face on it. "You crazy, Shinhye-ya!" Screaming inside her bag.

"Shinhye-sshi." Yonghwa kneeled in front of her. Want to touch her shoulder to comfort her, but hesitate. "Are you okay? Shinhye-sshi. Shinhye-sshi."

***

In the end, he gets her a taxi so she can go home in peace. He thought she wouldn't want to be bothered by his present anymore. He suspected that it's because of the fighting incident with Jonghyun.

Things he doesn't know, the reason why she avoid him in the first place, the reason why she acting lost and hysteric, it's all because of the same problem—their kiss.

One kiss that happened in the drunken night.

And one other kiss that happened only in her wild imagination.

She rummage her hair desperately and screaming in silence.

Why did I even think like that? Why did I dreamth about kissing him? How can I imagining things like that? Why so erted, Shinhye-ya?! Are you lost your mind? Why? Why?

The taxi driver glance from the rearview mirror with a puzzled and frightened expression. What the hell had happened to this girl when she doesn't even smell like alcohol?

***

On the weekend, Shinhye got a call from Jonghyun personally. He says he has something to discuss with her regarding music. So here she is, at a coffee shop near the summer camp. The class has ended 15 minutes ago, but Jonghyun hasn't come because of his schedule.

"Eonnie," Jieun call her when Shinhye about to fall asleep. She laugh. "Why are you so sleepy when you were drink a coffee now?"

Shinhye fix the strains of her hair that fall from the back of her ear. "I can't sleep well recently. And coffee can never help me stay awake, I don't know why."

"What's happening? Do you have something that make you concerned?"

Shinhye flusttered. Her mind says, 'yes, Jieun-ah, I keep concerning about his lips. I want to stop, but I can't stop. It's so hard'.

"Eonnie, what's wrong? Do you get a fever? Your face is red."

Shinhye let out a fake bright laugh. "No, no, I'm definitely okay. What do you mean fever... haha... you're so funny. I'm absolutely okay. 100% okay. See?" She raise his both hands to showing off her invisible arm muscles.

Jieun giggled. "Yeah, yeah. You're so strong and healthy."

Shinhye laugh half heartedly to cover up her dramatic lies.

It's been two weeks after the day she embarass herself in front of Yonghwa, she never meet or talk through the phone with him. It seems he made a distance on purpose. She wants to call him, she kept thinking about him, but her heart not let her to make a move. She doesn't want another wild imagination to appear again when she sees him.

It's scary how her brain could form that kind of imagination by itself. It's not even a fanfiction.

"Again, again." Jieun sigh roughly. "What actually happened to you, eonnie? You can't sleep because of something that make you worry, and now you spacing out when I was talking to you."

"Eh? You said something?" Shinhye did a foolish grin.  "Sorry. What is it? What did you said?"

Jieun pouted. She look away, acting as if she's angry at the eonnie for ignoring her.

"I'm sorry, Jieun-ah." Shinhye leaned at the younger to appology.

"I asked, why should I be here when Jonghyun oppa wants to talk to you?"

Shinhye sit straight and explain that it's dangerous for a superstar like him to meet up with a girl in public space. People might recognise him and lash out a dating scandal on the internet. The case will be turn into hang out with friends if there's more than one girl with him.

"To avoid dating scandal?" Jieun hold her chin with her left hand. "I guess it's hard to be a star."

"Scary, isn't it?!"

"So the reason eonnie can't sleep is because of today?"

"Eh?" Shinhye frowned and shake her head. "Nope. It's not because of this. What makes you think that way?"

"Because eonnie is a huge fan of Jonghyun oppa. You always been crazy and dramatic whenever you talk about him." Jieun imitate her craziness when Shinhye fangirling crazyly.

Shinhye laugh, she drink her coffee to hide her embarassment.

"You didn't even care about the plac

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter