Because I Like Her

Ukulele vs The Rain
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A day after the meeting at coffee shop, Shinhye can't control her eyes to not bewildered upon watching how fancy Jonghyun's label is. She finaly escorted to the place where her favorite masterpice created. This is probably the most amazing thing she've ever had so far.

"Over here, Shinhye-sshi." The manager open the door for her while she was stunned by the interior. "This is Jonghyun's personal studio. You can wait him here."

Shinhye peeked into the room. "Jonghyun is not here?" She wishpered, afraid her voice will disturb anyone, although there's nobody around them.

"He'll come soon. Please come in."

Shinhye bow as gratitude before entering the studio. She smile at the manager as he close the door. And finaly, as if has been waiting for the chance to freely express her admiration, she squelead happyly.

"This is so cool! Oh my God!"

The room is rather small, but there's still vacant space even though every corner filled with instruments, computer and composing equipments. On the wall, they put Jonghyun's photographs from his very first album until the latest one. She never sees a personal studio as cozy as this.

She put her bag and ukulele case on the floor, sit on the sofa still astonished by the room, but thought flying to the last place where she saw Yonghwa. "If not because of him, I wouldn't get this chance..." sighing with a heavy heart, "I'm sorry. Where are you now?"

"I'm here," Jonghyun said as he open the door.

Shinhye startle. She grinned and raise her hand stiffly to greet him. "Hi."

Jonghyun chuckle. Thinking that she wants a high five, he clasp his big hand into hers. "Do you have a habit of talking to yourself?"

She her hair shyly. "You overheard."

Jonghyun laugh. "Who are you thinking about? Do you have a boyfriend?"

"What?" Her eyes nearly out with his blunt question, she didn't see this coming. She always thought that he's the type of guy who doesn't really care about other people's personal life. What's with this curiousity?

"You do." He answer himself.

Shinhye shook her head bashfully. "Aniya. I don't have any."

Jonghyun stare at her intently without a words. Shinhye can feel her whole body stiff and hot. Who wouldn't? Have your ultimate bias observing you to find out what's on your mind.

"Shinhye-sshi."

"Ne?" Shinhye give him a dry smile. Nervous is a hard game to deal with.

"I heard from Jieun that you've been kind of down lately. Did something happened? If you feel like it, you can talk to me. I'll help you out if I can."

Shinhye flusterred by Jonghyun offer. Never in her imagination she could be this friendly with her long lost dream guy.

"I mean, because we work together to write song, isn't it better if we open up a little more? Because I tend to discuss things before I start to write lyric. Since you are my fan, you must be know about me. But I barely see you in person." he said. "And you know what, I think sharing each other personal life is the easiest way to build the mood and chemistry."

"Ah ne." As usual, her dramaqueen behaviour take over her mind in front of a guy. It never failed to make she feel embarassed. "I get it."

"So could you tell me?" Jonghyun use his feet to drag the chair closer to Shinhye while he sit on it. He lean his both hands to the hand of the chair. "I was actualy running out of idea. I have to write song, but I don't know what to write. The deadline is geting closer, but my pride won't let me sing other people's song."

Shinhye frowned. "But... you asked me..."

"I mean, the piece which I didn't involve personaly. I have a strong image as singer-songwriter, so if I sing other's song I'll feel uncomfortable and the company opposed too, for the sake of my image. But just because I can compose doesn't mean I always have idea stored in mind."

"I know. I've been there. That's why I procrastinated for years." Shinhye said. "So why do you trust me?"

"Hm?"

"I'm not a productive writer. Why did you decide to work with me?"

Jonghyun lean his back to the chair and shake it back and forth. "I've heard your name. Some of our aditional band members are your student."

Shinhye stare at him in disbelief.

Jonghyun point his finger at her, know that she doubted his words. "You never come to my concert?"

"I did. Many times. But I have no consience to staring at other guㅡ" She immediately fold her lips before it spit out embarassing truth about her fan girling life. "I mean, I'm BUSY listen to your music. It's so sacral and important, and I can't help but close my eyes so I can feel the music better." Purposely empashize the word 'busy'.

Jonghyun laugh. He nodded as if he didn't notice her accidental confession. "I'm glad you did it. Lots of fans distracted by my face. And it's hard, like, hard."

Shinhye laugh awkwardly. She knew he realize her almost shameful confession. And she glad that he pretended like he doesn't notice at all.

"Anyway, have you get in contact with Yonghwa hyung?"

She cough lightly.

Jonghyun's face become solemn all of a sudden. "I need him. I want to write song with hyung. But even though our manager and Jungshin came everyday, we still clueless," he sighed, "I hope he didn't fade away to avoid me."

Shinhye's shoulder fall. She wants to yell out of regret, she wants to tell Jonghyun that it's not him, it's about her. She was the one who let him down. She made a big mistake and it was unfavorable. She hates her dramaqueen behaviour. It always gave her trouble.

"Noona?"

Shinhye startle. Did she heard it wrong?

Jonghyun smirked. "I'll call you noona from now. You're older than me after all."

She snuffle. "I hate ."

Jonghyun laugh. "I love ."

She glared at him.

He sing her Lee Seunggi's Because You Are My Woman on the chorus part. "Noona nae yeojanikka. Noona nae yeojanikka~~~"

"Ah, stop it!"

"Why? It's a love song. Why are you mad?"

"I don't like younger guy sing me a love song. I can't help to think that my brother were confessing to me. That's such an eerieable to hear."

"What? Your words are a mess." He giggle on his chair.

She wave her hand to tell him stop teasing her.

He chuckle. "Sorry." He stand up. "Let's get out and have a talk. Noona you recommend the place. A cozy and quiet one. You know, it's no good if people notice me."

She take her bag and stand.

"You can talk about Yonghwa hyung as much as you want."

"What?"

He pointed at her face. "That expression always appear on your face whenever I mention him. I suppose you have something bother in mind." He tilt his head. "Let's go."

Shinhye watch him walk ahead. Vaguely, she feels her heart beating faster. She's not ready to explain her anxiousness.

***

"This is not bad. Even though it's not a big coffee shop, the smell feels nice. Not really crowded, far from the main road, and the window is not transparent. Perfect!" Jonghyun turn his head to look at Shinhye behind him. "How did you found this place?"

Shinhye grined. "Actualy... mm... Yonghwa brought me here."

The manager nodded. "Ah, no wonder, it's close with his house. What about we visit there again? Who knows if he's home now."

"You think so?" A hopeful glint appear in her eyes.

Jonghyun chuckled. "Chill, noona. You're over excited."

Shinhye bit her tongue, and walk to the counter to greet the owner. "Minhyuk-ah."

Minhyuk who watching them since they went in, lean his body forward to wishper at her. "How? How?"

"What?"

"How could you come with them? Are you friends?"

Shinhye raise her eyebrow. "Sort of."

Minhyuk squinted his eyes as if wanting for more explanation.

Shinhye laugh. She was about to tells him their colaboration project when Jonghyun approaching and speak in her behalf. Minhyuk aghasted and almost scream of excitement. He asking for a hand shake to Jonghyun and Shinhye, even to Jonghyun's manager too.

After let Minhyuk write down their drinks, the three of them heading to the table at the corner where they can see the whole room safely. That place when Shinhye came with Yonghwa for the first time.

"So what's bothering you?" Jonghyun ask, Shinhye not even sit properly yet.

"Don't mind me, Shinhye-sshi. Just talk freely. You can think of me as a shadow." The manager said, noticed an awkward reaction in her face.

"But how can I treat you like a shadow when you aren't." She told the manager, then look at Jonghyun. "And I don't know what's to tell you. I have nothing to worry about."

Jonghyun and his manager look at each other with meaningful look. They've heard from Jungshin that Shinhye and Yonghwa are dating. Jungshin got the hint from Jieun who said that she always ignored when the two together. She only said that they're on their world when they're together, not clearly stated a dating issue, but Jungshin has misunderstood her.

"Aren't you worry about Yonghwa hyung?" Jonghyun's question make her awry. "I worried. He disappeared just like his sister did. No news, no track. I wonder if it's their family genetical abbility."

The manager chuckled.

Shinhye who knew Jung's family history don't think it's funny to make a fun like that. If Jonghyun wants to make the situation between them more comfortable, it's not the right way. He's totaly do it wrong.

 The manager get up and excuse himself to move to another table not far from them so they can talk comfortably. But it make Shinhye restless at the begining. Afraid a bunch of people suddenly enter the shop and notice they're together and immediately judge them on a date.

"Shinhye noona," Jonghyun call her, "I'm sorry if I make you uncomfortable by pushing you to talk about your concern. I just," he shrugg off, "I'm really stuck. I don't know what to write. I have to release new album to protect my career. You know, with the scandal happened few days ago, I need to produce something diferent to divert people's attention."

Feeling sympathetic and restless alone at the same time, she finaly spill what has concerned her. become unstopable and she don't know how to stop.

Jonghyun listen to her seriously. His eyebrow stay up for feeling confuse with her attitude. She's not tells him about their drunken kiss and her wild imagination thus he can't get why she avoid Yonghwa and slap him on the cheek.

She only tells him how confuse she was at the moment. She wasn't in her best condition and he appeared on a bad timing. That's why she made him misunderstood and hurt when he was in a downfall situation.

"I feel bad. Really bad. I never thought what I've done will make him avoid me at all cost. I've never meant to kick him away from my life. I'm so upset with myself. Why should I made him think I hate him?"

"Don't assume things by yourself. He let you went home alone even though he wanted to accompany you, wasn't he? Count how many times he said 'are you okay?', you'll know how much he concerned about you."

Shinhye quiet by the thought Jonghyun said. "He said that to me too," she wishper, "I want to think that he care about me and... treat me in the way which will benefit me more than for himself, but," run her fingers to comb the hairs that keep falling down from her ear, "but I have a tendency of crushing my own hopes sometimes."

"Hope?"

"I wish we were closer." She mumble.

Jonghyun smile. Amusing by the blunt conffesion this noona says. He never thought that Shinhye is an easy person to open up about how she feels.

"So you hope he propose you?"

"What??" Her eyes bewildered. "What do you mean propose? How could he propose me when we aren't dating?"

Jonghyun cross his arms in front of his chest. "You're not dating?"

"No." She shook her head. "Why do you think we are?"

"Jieun said so." He answer nonchalantly.

"Jieun?" She tilt her head and mumbling. "I think I'm pretty sure she knows that we're not dating."

Jonghyun chuckled. "Why denying so hard when your face is extremely red like that?"

"Oh?"

Jonghyun point his finger to her face. "Look at you! You're blushing hard."

"What? No! I'm not. There's no way I'm blushing. You silly!" She take small mirror from her bag and startled by how pinkish her face became. "I put too much blush on apparently."

He can't hold his laughter anymore. "This noona is hilarious! So you like Yonghwa hyung that much?"

She growling. "You're annoying."

"Annoying makes idol cute, isn't it?"

"What the hell?" She snorted and laugh. "I'll be right back." She excuse herself to the bathroom. Smiling inside her heart as she walks. Feeling slightly happy that she able to joke around playfully with the guy whom she always adore. She's relieved that he's not an arrogant and synical person like rumor says. He's friendly and have the ability to listening well.

She looks at the mirror inside the bathroom. Her thought goes to Yonghwa again. If she's listen him better and not carried away by her heartbeat, maybe she won't hurt him like that.

"I made him think I hate him..."

Sighing, she decided to tap her cheeks with water from the faucet. Look at the mirror once again, mumbling her biggest wish, "Let me fix what I've done..."

She walks out with a limp step. Even so, she determined to ask for Jonghyun opinion on how to make up with Yonghwa. She knows that they're not actualy fighting. She knows she was the one who made a mistake and should be responsible to appologize. But she doesn't know how to do that. She's never been in this kind of situation.

"Wait wait... ah dammit!" Minhyuk cursing as Shinhye about to pass by him.

"What's wrong, Minhyuk-ah? Why so upset?"

"No, sunbae. I was," he point his finger to the road outside, "I was confuse, I thought I saw hyung, but it wasn't clear and I can't run outside to make sure who I see." He tilt down his head to get her see his busy hands. "Can't let this go."

Shinhye frowned. "Who do you mean hyung?"

"Who else? Yonghwa hyung. Don't you know he was missiㅡoh! Sunbae! Sunbae!" His eyes follow Shinhye who ran outside before he finish his words. His forehead wrinkle to it's middle part. Questioning why she's so hasty like that.

And so does Jonghyun. He's flabbergasted watching her run fastly like looking for someone but stop immediately at the intersection.

She's panting as she walk to the window and signaled Jonghyun to come. He move closer to the window, then she pointed her finger to the road direction. She lean to the glass and yelled, "I saw Yonghwa."

Jonghyun frowned. Not because he can't hear her. He's not sure he reads her lips accurately.

"I SAW YONGHWA!" She repeat her words louder.

"Really?" He immediately stand up and tell the manager to go. He's about to walk when Shinhye knock the glass window. He turn his head and see her pointing her finger to the bag laying on the sofa where she sat.

"Could you, please, take my bag?" She said behind the glass.

The m

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter