Rain is Blessing??

Ukulele vs The Rain
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

-i'm at the rooftop. Down there is sooooo noisy. Call me when Jungshin come. And by the way, tell him to take Jieun home. She's still underage for a club. Arasseo?!-

Shinhye put her phone back to her jean pocket. She close her eyes and inhale the air at the club's rooftop deeply. "It's so refreshing!!"

The first thing she saw when she open her eyes was someone who lean to the fence with his back facing the enterance door where she stand. She tilt her head to see his face, but she couldn't. Instead, she saw a smoke blown from his face. 

"Ugh! Smoker," Shinhye cringed, at the same time that guy turn around showing off his face. Her eyes delated. "Oh?"

"Mwoya??" That guy cough and hastyly throw his cigarette to the floor and step on it. He looks bewildered and shock. He plug out the earphone from his ears and awkwardly greet her. "Hi! How are you?"

Shinhye put an awkward smile as she nod. "Annyeonghaseyo."

He plays with the earphone cord on his hands to hide his guilty feeling after caught smoking in front of the girl he likes. Staring at her mindlessly, as if hypnotize by her present.

"I don't know... you smoke." Shinhye speak up. She feel a weird dissapointment in her heart, though she wasn't sure for what it is.

"Urm... aniya... only when I have a bad day." He stuttered.

Shinhye smile halfheartedly.

I'm dead! Stupid! How could you be so stupid, Yonghwa? She will hate you! Yonghwa curse himself in his mind.

"By the way, smoking is not good for health." Shinhye said. "Sorry for disturb you." 

Yonghwa saw her turn around, about to go back inside. So he run to her and block her way. Shinhye startle cutely. She blink her big eyes at Yonghwa in between shock, bothered and curious.

"Mianhae."

"Ne?" Shinhye frowned. "Fo-for what?"

"Ah ani." Yonghwa rub his nape. Wants to say sorry for smoking but he knows it ridiculous if he bluntly appologize to her. It's not like she's his girlfriend after all. "Urm... what're you doing here?" He finally ask something more normal, even though he already knew the answer, that the reason why she trapped here was to see his secret confession.

"Baro and his friend dragged me here, they want to celebrate something that I don't even know what it is, and don't know why I should join them." Shinhye said with a chuckle.

Yonghwa try hard to hold back his laughter. "Ah a party?" He nod pretending to figure out her answer. "Have you ever here before? I mean, because I never sees you..."

Shinhye shook her head immediately. "Club is not my favorite place."

"Oh jinjja?"

Shinhye nodded. "That's why I am here now." She shrug her shoulder and lean forward a little bit. "How about you? Are you always come here?"

Yonghwa fold his lips, hesistate to answer. Afraid she will dislike him if he says the truth that his band have a routine schedule to play here. "Ah ne~~" But he's more afraid she will dislike him even worse in case she find out that he lied to her. "I... actually... my band... is a regular performer here."

"Oh?" Shinhye sounds surprise and lost. "Oh..."

Yonghwa speechless upon her answer. He wants to say something but she made him hard to find things to respond. She left him stuck.

"Urm... well... I think... I'll go back inside, in case you need to be aloneㅡ"

"NO!" Yonghwa hastyly tell her to stay, his voice louder than normal because he panic she'll really leave. "Ani... I mean... urm... that's okay, I'm okay if you want to stay here. Take your time." Yonghwa show his smile as sweet as possible.

"Jinjja?" Shinhye's look around. "Can I stay here? How about you? Will you back inside? Or..."

"If you don't mind, I want to stay here..."

Shinhye stare at him silently. 

Yonghwa stare back at her with eyes saying please let me, let me, let me, let me, please tell me it's okay.

"Okay." She said, as if she receive the message he transferred through his eyes.

"Okay then." Yonghwa walk immediately to the place he stayed before to hide his excessive smile. He wants to jump and do a celebration so bad, but she might surprise and dislike him. Holding back happiness is truly hard.

Shinhye looking at his back figure while mind mixed with all kind of confussion. She doesn't understand what's on her head that time, one thing for sure, she can't control her feet when it walk to Yonghwa's direction unknowningly.

Shinhye sighed. Why should I approach him? I can walk to other direction and have a lone time, why should I walk to him? Shinhye look down at her feet with teeth gritted upsetly, confronted her own feet. What are you doing to my body?

Yonghwa cleared his throat to get her attention. She automaticaly turn her head and stare at him as if asking 'what?'.

"Actually... tonight I'll have a solo accoustic play..." he confess, "but it canceled because someone better than me was here and will have his own stage... when he already have a lot of chances to play out there, unlike me, who have to pleading hard even for one stage."

Shinhye still staring at him quietly.

Yonghwa snorted. "I'm pitiful, right?"

Shinhye shifted her eyes to the city view in front her. She take a moment to make sure what she's gonna say won't sounds weird as a comforting words. "So you... decide to follow it?"

"Ne?"

"I mean, because they said you can't, so you... not tryingㅡ" she shook her head, realize she's not suppose to say that, "I mean, maybe you can offer something like, join stage... maybe? You know like a collaboration. A duet."

Yonghwa chuckled. "It can't be."

Shinhye frowned. "Why?"

"Because I'll be overshadowed by him."

Shinhye look down to consider she should speak up her mind or not. But she really wants to know what's his answer will be. "You have lack of self confidence Yonghwa-sshi."

Yonghwa flustered by her words. He stare at her blankly, try to utter any world but nothing come out.

"You don't realize it?"

"Urm... I..."

"I've heard you sing before. Did you forgot what I've said about your voice?"

Yonghwa turn his head and looking straight at the city view in front of him. Trying to manage his breath. His heart beating so fast until he find it's hard to talk.

"Yonghwa-sshi," Shinhye leaned her head to see his face better, "himnaeyo! You deserve to get your own stage. Don't be scared. You have that will to perform. Unless you're like me who not interest anymore to play on stage, keep trying, ne?!"

Yonghwa smile as he turn his head at Shinhye. "Gomawo Park Shinhye."

"Oh?" She point her finger at Yonghwa's cheek. "Are you... cry?"

Yonghwa frowned as he wipe a waterdrop on his cheek. He grinned, feeling ridiculous. "

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter