Rain of Tears

Ukulele vs The Rain
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"So it's clear now that it was a misunderstanding. Lee Jonghyun-sshi has withdrew the report. Now you can go home, but don't go out of town and don't turn off your phone. You got me?"

Yonghwa weakly nod to respond the officer. As if his soul has left his body, there is no energy on his movement. When police officer kindly guide him to take other way out routeㅡsince the main entrance filled with reporters. He just followed with all blank look and halfhearted interaction.

He's in deep shock. He was so mad by the fact that Lee Jonghyun the singer and Lee Jonghyun the irresponsible suppose-to-be-in-law are the same person. He really wants to do more than punch him in his face. If he could be that mean, he'll probably attempt to burn that guy in pieces.

As if it's not  enough to carve a pain on his heart, now he has became sudden public enemy. Life never been on his side.

The phone in his wallet vibrate again for countless time. His family and his friends who happened to watched/read the news were worried of him and need to hear his voice to make sure that he's okay. But not only he didn't respond, he won't even bother to check it and turn the vibrate off.

He release a deep sigh as he looks at the dark sky. Slowly, from the edge of his eyes, a tear drop toward the gravity. He immediately look down and wipe that tears. For the first time in years, he doesn't want anyone to see him cry.

"Crybaby," he mumbling. "Pathetic crybaby."

***

Shinhye and Baro walk side by side in a small step. They stare intently at someone in front of them. He's so pitiful, and miserable.

"He's so hugable..." Shinhye mumbling.

"What?"

"Eung?"

Baro narrowed his eyes at Shinhye. "Noona what did you said?"

"What?"

"He's so what?"

Shinhye bit her lip. Didn't expected her mind will be spoken out. "Ani.. nothing.." She look down embarassed.

Baro clearly heard she mentioned about'hug', but he doesn't feel like talk about it any further. It's not something that matter now. 

He put his both hands on his jeans pocket. "Isn't it better to approach him now, at least pat his back or give him water? Are we going to just follow and look after him from behind?"

"He looks like he wants to be alone.." Shinhye said.

"But noona," Baro block Shinhye to confront her, "are you really okay if you all alone when nothing going well? Will you be okay if you have nobody to lean on?"

Shinhye sigh. "Sometimes I need to be alone... to be honest."

Baro massage his forehead. "I ask that question not with intention to talk about your life. It just... I mean... if you put yourself in his shoes, not as you noona, but..." he sigh, "nevermind. I'll just go with hyung."

Shinhye grab Baro's hand as he turn around to approach Yonghwa. She shook her head.

"But noona....." he whinned.

"Let me do that."

Baro stare at her doubtfully.

She nodded nervously. "Don't worry. I'll comfort him properly."

"You really can? So far you've never been a good shoulder to lean on. Noona you're not good in making other feel comfortable."

"W-what?" Shinhye was taken aback by her lil bro's blunt comment. She pinch his hand without a word.

"Ah! Ah ahhh!! I'm sorry. Noona, I'm sorry. Sorry! I'm very sorry."

"Don't say things like that again. Or I will pinch you even harder." She glare at him to make her threat sounds real.

"Ne, ne, mianhae." Baro grinned as he pat his hurted hand. "Ah~ seriously. You can be cruel sometimes..." he mumbling.

"You ask for that." Shinhye walk away and snorted. She sigh upon seeing the back view of Yonghwa again. That so pitiful back. She really wants to hug him to comfort him.

While she contemplated on what she needs to do, the rain suddenly poured and startle them.

"Mwo mwo mwo? Why suddenly raining at a time like this?" Baro panicked, cover his head with his hands. He doesn't like get drenched. "Take out your umbrella, noona. Hurry!"

Shinhye dazed, look up to let the rain drop on her face. Her mind filled with the thought of Yonghwa. It keeps raining when he's around. He is truly the master of the rain.

"What are you doing? Noona, hurry up!"

She blink as she got back her concoius. She immediately take out the umbrella from her bag and run to Yonghwa.

"What about me?" Baro ran after her to join under the umbrella.

"It won't fit for three!!" Shinhye yell, still running.

Baro realize his noona wants to use it as a way to comfort the hyung. But he doesn't wants to sacrifice himself getting wet though. "Aish!!" Cursing as he giving up, he ran to nearest shop to take a shelter. He raise his fist and mumbling, "Noona hwaiting!!"

Shinhye catch up behind Yonghwa, but the umbrella won't open. She cringed, think that she brought the wrong umbrella. She start to feel uneasy, raise the umbrella over her head with the hope she gain more strenght to open it that way.

And it open.

But it bump into Yonghwa's head.

He turn around shockingly with hand on the back of his head. Eyes are wide open.

"A-a... mia-mianhae. It won't open so I... I did... I didn't mean to hit your head. So sorry!" Her eyes keep blinking and staring at different directions except to his eyes. She's too nervous to look straight to his eyes.

Meanwhile Yonghwa staring at the umbrella. It doesn't cover both of them because it's rather small and their distance makes half of their body uncovered.

He walk closer to Shinhye. Makes her surprised and automaticaly back away.

"Thank you," he said.

"What?" Shinhye didn't saw it coming. She dumbfounded.

"I heard you and him kept on being noisy behind my back." He grinned at Baro who try to hide himself behind a pillar, but fail. That pillar smaller than his body size.

Shinhye gritted her teeth to her lip as she find out what Baro does back there. Sigh deeply, she feeling ashame of her idiotic brother. 

Yonghwa poke her arm. "Thanks, for trying to be there. It feels nice that... rather than the song I've got the singer instead."

Shinhye paralyzed by his confession. She never expect him to be this melancholy. She thought he will be all blank and lost, and unapproachable for the time being. But he looks quite fine and calm. A feeling of excitement form on her heartbeat. Either because he's okay, or perhaps, because of his words, she can't be sure.

***

"That's a relief! I thought it will be harder for him. He must be a strong person to begin with." Jungshin said over the phone.

"Yeah I thought so."

He glanced at Jonghyun who stare at him intently, bruises covered half of his face. "Where are you now? Is it possible to bring hyung here?"

"Bring him now? Hm..." a brief silent as Baro think,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter