Chapter 33

A New Beginning at 26

“Happy birthday my little girl.”  Taecyeon whispered as he took the baby in his arms for the first time.  Kissing the fine hair on top of Calila’s head needing to establish physical contact with this new part of his soul. 

 

Taecyeon could not stop staring at his daughter’s little face.  He continues to be mesmerized in awe of her with every second that passed.  Are all babies these floppy…this tiny…this fragile…and yet so incredibly beautiful?  He watched her small hands intently as it grabs on to his finger.  Not an inch of her was left unnoticed.  It felt like he was analyzing her.  As if he was an artist standing back from a canvas in progress to see what had been created, checking to see if he was satisfied with his work.  And he was – more than satisfied on what has come about from their love.

 

People would say a man’s life changes as soon as becomes a father and at that very moment from where he stood holding Calila in his arms, he realized there was truth to those words.  He felt like a new person, like he had died and been born again as this new mystical creature called “dad”.  The dad that has a heart three sizes too big that would get bumped and bruised as time went by.  A dad that would be the superhero in everyone’s eyes, but would be all beat up and dead tired on his own.  But he wouldn’t choose to be anything else.  He wouldn’t be anything else other than husband and father.  Nothing else mattered now.  It was him, you and little Calila.  This is his new life, a new world made only for you three and everything felt different and perfect and completely unpredictable and he loves it with all of his being.

 

“You know, the first time I saw your mom…”  He began to confide in his daughter, who blinked sleepily at him as he continued to talk in a deep soothing voice.  “It didn’t take me very long to fall in love with her and now, here I am already this deeply in love with you.  Like mother, like daughter.”  He chuckles as he reached a finger to touch her nose.  "The three of us are going to have so much fun...so much fun every single day.  And your mom and I will love you all your life.  And you might hate us at one point, but we'll still love you and wait for you.  And I might beat up all the boys who would try to have you."  He smiles at the thought.  "But what's important is that you know that we love you.  I love you so much my little Calila."  He kissed the top of her head as Calila blinked a few more times and then fell asleep as he swayed gently back and forth in time with his own heartbeat and the soft sweet breathing of his daughter. 

 

You're Taecyeon's very own sunshine and now he has a little sunbeam, his future has never been so bright.