The graveyard

The stranger
Sehun's POV
 
The three of us are now sitting around the round kitchen table drinking the hot chocolate.
 
I can't stop myself from playing with the holes on the tablecloth.Putting one finger here,another there,oh well it's the side effect of boredom.
 
"So,what are you going to do today?Go to school?Work?" I ask in hope of killing the awkward atmosphere.
 
"School?"You ask playing with your cup.
 
"Yeah...SCHOOL.Don't tell me you don't know what school is." I say laughing at you.
 
My laughter stops as soon as I notice your sad face.
 
"So,uhm,you really don't know what school is?..." You nod in denial.
 
"Well at first school is a place where you learn how to read,write,do some math and some general knowledge."
 
"Read?Write?"
 
Can you believe this?This girl doesn't know how to read or write...
 
"Let me guess,you never went to school right?"
 
You nod again.
 
"No one in this village did.We don't have to.It's like we're apart from the rest of the world,our jobs consist in chopping wood,running coffee shops,craftwork,storytelling and such."
 
"Storytelling?So people know how to read?"
 
"No,they tell stories that have been passing from generation to generation to the little kids.My aunt is a storyteller."
 
"Oh,so she just talks all day?I bet it's her dream job..."
 
I get hit on the forehead.
 
"Hey!Don't act like i'm not listening punk!"
 
"I'm just kidding auntie,you know I like you right?"
 
She gives me a warm smile.
 
"But not that much tho."
 
She hits me again before picking up our empty cups and getting up to go wash them.
 
"Did you sleep well?" You ask putting your elbows on the table.
 
"Sleep?Uhm,eh how should I know?I was sleeping..." I say lightly blushing.
 
"Did I say anything wrong?" You ask when I suddenly get up, turning my back to you.
 
"I..I need to go to the bathroom..." I say looking down.
 
I open the bathroom's door and notice that the light bulb is blown.Oh great,now I have to pee in the dark...
 
In an attempt to direct my pee to the toilet I end up peeing all over the place and even on my hands.Since I have no choice I'll just wipe my hands on the shower curtains.
 
I walk out the bathroom smelling my hands.
 
"Is everything ok?"Your aunt asks me.
 
I put my hands on the pockets of your father's pant's.
 
"Yeah yeah sure."
 
I walk back into the kitchen.
 
You notice me.
 
"Aren't those the flowers you were picking the day we met?"
 
I ask noticing that you're holding the flowers that you were going to give to your parents.
 
"Yeah...I'm going to visit my parents today." You say with a sad face.
 
"Are you really going to visit your parents like that?"
 
"What do you mean?"
 
"Without a smile.I don't think they'll like to see you like that..."
 
"You're right !" You say smiling and holding the flowers tighter.
 
"I'll see you later then." You say walking out the kitchen and opening the front door.
 
"Where are you going?"I say catching up to you.
 
"I told you,I'm going to visit my parent's grave."
 
"Oh..I'll go with you then."
 
"Are ya sure?It's far from here."
 
"Correction,it's you not ya and yes I'm sure.Walking isn't a problem to me."
 
Both of us get out of your house and start walking.
 
 
*Half an hour later*
 
I know I've said walking isn't a problem to me but what the hell dude...
 
"Are we close now?" I ask annoyed.
 
"We're almost there." You say opening a gate that seems to lead to the graveyard.
 
Finally...I sigh annoyed.
 
 
Self note,next time stay home stupid.Yeah,I'll remember that.
 
You walk closer to a grave that says In loving memory of Beau and Aalia Hunter.
 
"Those are your parents' names?"
 
You nod.
 
What's with all the nodding today?You forgot how to talk?
 
"They have cool names.I mean...had...or...whatever."
 
You sit in front of the grave and look at me.
 
"Can you,uhm,give us a minute?"
 
"Yeah sure It's not like either me or your parents are feeling like listening to you anyway..." I say turning around and sitting in front of another grave that says In loving memory of Chase Starr,he served his nation meritoriously.
 
I slightly laugh.
 
How ironic...
 
I start pulling the grass.
 
"You can't do that sir." I hear a man's voice say.I look at him and continue to pull the grass as he walks closer to me.
 
"Ok ok I get it.I can't pull the grass.Annoying guy..."
 
"Who are you talking to?" You ask looking at me surprised.
 
"That guy." I answer pointing to the left.
 
"What guy?" I look to the left.
 
Where did he go? My eyes search for him everywhere but there's no sign of him.Like Shakespear said By the pricking of my thumbs,something wicked this way comes.
 
"Got you." I say out of nowhere.
 
"Huh?"
 
"I was just trying to scare you.Of course there's no one in here." I say nervously laughing.
 
"Ah,you almost got me." You say also laughing.
 
"So,uhm,are you done talking to the dead your parents?"
 
"Yes,let's go home." You say with a sad voice.
 
We walk out the graveyard and begin our journey back home.
 
You left the flowers there and I can't help but notice that you're now holding a diary.
 
"What's that?"
 
"I don't know but my mom always carried it around."
 
"May I?" I ask reaching out a hand.
 
"Sure." You simply reply.
 
Hm,let's see..
 
"It says To my beloved daughter you ,the last sigh of a mother.Eh,how poetic..."
 
"So that's for me?"
 
"That's what it looks like..."
 
"I wish I could read it..."
 
"I could read it for you,if you want me to..."
 
"You'd do that for me?"
 
"Only if you really want me to because honestly...I don't really feel like doing it."
 
Why am I being so nice?Gosh,I'm hating the new me.I need to go back to my origins,real quick.
 
You keep walking with a sad face.Damn,this girl...She makes me do so many stupid things...
 
"Are you cold today too?"
 
"Not really,why?" I get closer to you.
 
"Because I want to hug you again." I say back hugging you.
 
You blush.
 
This scent...you smell so good.
 
"You,uhm,you're so warm."
 
"Only when you're next to me." I finally admit.
 
Not warm enough to melt my cold heart tho.
 
"My back kind of hurts from sleeping on the couch.Why don't I sleep with you tonight?"
 
"Uhm,I don't think my aunt would like that."
 
"Don't worry dear,we can lock the door." I say laughing.
 
"You're such a jokester."
 
"You'll get used to it."