Unexpected encounter pt.2

The stranger

Sehun's POV

Now,how many of you are thinking the same as me?This guy's story sounds similar to my father's story.I could just ask him more but what for?I never had a father why would I want to have one now? Whether he's my father or not...yeah,it really doesn't matter.

"Why didn't you get a job like the others?" I ask after a moment of silence.

"I'm a poet,a man with no material attachments with no ability but to write."

Who knew the homeless guy of the village is the smartest one?I could even say that you shouldn't judge a book by its cover but that wouldn't be a smart remark and we all know that in this story that's not possible.

"God has given you one face, and you make yourself another."

"Precisely."

"You're making me curious." I say.

"About what?"

"About how good of a poet you are."

He scratches his beard as if he's thinking of something.You can clearly see that he has a poem in mind but doesn't remember the exact words.Who knows...it may be due to his old age.

"Be careful.We don't want your beard to fall off."

He tries not to smile,showing that he's getting in a serious mood.

He coughs trying to adjust his voice.

"The small flower

That the man has planted

is now blooming

Is it blue,is it red?

No it's colorless instead

Like my soul

My simple soul

That my love has loved

Who said that the dark has no light?

Am I wrong or am I right?

Would you believe me if I had lied?"

(By Ni_Lee for "The stranger")

"You wrote that?" I ask rather surprised.

He nods sitting down on a rock.

"Well I'm impressed.I'd clap but I'm not that nice."

He laughs.

"You remind me of a woman I once knew."

"You don't know her anymore?"

"Well,I guess we could be called strangers."

"Seems like you're used to losing people..."I say in a low tone as if I were whispering.

"I guess you can say so."

Oh look,he has a good hearing.

"What's with the people of the village?They all seem to...hate you."

"It all started when I first came here.I came running like there was no tomorrow.I found it weird that there was no one in sight.I made my way to the center of the village.Like you can possibly guess I didn't find anyone until the night time.The village was crowded and full of light.I met this woman that looked a lot like the woman I left.She had lost her husband and was living with her sister and young daugh-"

"Wo-oh-oh.Are you telling me that you met my girlfriend's mother?!"

"You're dating you ?!"

"Why would I lie?"

He looks at me as if I had committed some sort of crime.He slowly calms himself.

"Take good care of her son."

"I sure will.Now tell me the rest of the story,will you?"

"Maybe another time.I'm getting tired,I should go to a warm place while I still can." He says slowly walking away.

Mystireous...I like it.

I get on my way home too.

For the first time of my life I can't think of anything.I'm just walking...

When I arrive I see you sitting on the couch.You look at me,your head following me as I get to where you are.

I lie on the couch with my head on your lap.

I try hard to fight it but I can't stop the tears from falling from my eyes.

Gosh you're so weak Sehun.

"What happened Sehun?" You ask pulling me closer and wrapping your arms around me.

"I met my father today."