Dream or reality?

The stranger

Your POV

I shoot up straight in bed, my head is filled with thoughts. Was I dreaming? I abruptly throw the blankets off me and at the end of the bed as my body continuously breaks out in cold sweats.

I look around the room trying to spot any anomalies. Everything seems to be alright. So I was indeed dreaming... I let out a forced laugh as I throw myself back.

"What happened?" Sehun bursts into the room with a weirded out look on his face. I wipe the tears that formed in my eyes from all the laughter. "Oh nothing. I just had a crazy dream where you told me... ' I couldn't help it... I'm not sorry at all that I've killed them honey...I'm just sorry that you found out...'

"Told you what?" Sehun's voice brings me back to reality. My head is now filled with images. I think I'm starting to confuse reality with my dream. What really happened?

*Flashback*

"I'm sorry but I...I couldn't help it." Sehun gazes at me trying to keep his face straight. "What do you mean Sehun?" I caress his face.

"I couldn't stay out of it. I saw them hitting a weak and defenseless man and my blood started to boil. I threw some punches and they eventually ran away."

"There's nothing wrong with that Sehun. I think that anyone in that situation would do that... it's like... uhm... 'We know what we are, but know not what  we may be.'Sehun's eyes get slightly  bigger. "Did  you just quote Shakespeare?" Apart from the glint on his eyes, Sehun's voice is just as monotone as any other day.

I rub my arm with my thumb. "Yeah, I found some old books in a box under the bed and since you're teaching me how to read, I thought I might as well get some practice."

"You have Shakespeare books in here?" He grabs my arms and shakes my body out of joy. "Is that what was written in it?" He flicks his eyes.

Sehun's POV

"Sehun dear!Your dad is asking to see you." Your aunt yells from the inside of the house.What a lovely aunt of yours...Could her timing be more opportune?

 

We get inside and are greeted by a smiling and brand new man that is under a colorful blanket.It feels like a whole different place.I'm not going to say that I like it because I would be lying but it sure is nice to see the so called 'important people of my life' all together in one house.Oddly enough,so much color only reminds me of great misery.

You see,bright colors are what I associate with a younger stage of my life.It can be a nice thought right?Well no.If you thought it could then you were most probably able to forget everything about my dark past for a few seconds.Don't you remember what I told you about my childhood?

Are you feeling it?A sudden hint of regret and reminiscence.This only proves that "we", the so called human beings,easily forget an unfortunate event when a happy one is added to the equation. You know my story but still, you were able to forget about it. Even if it was just for a brief moment. Oh, the guilt of having forgotten... or should I call it art?

I approach the aging man. "How..." I clear my throat. "How are you doing?"

"I'm ok now." He looks me straight in the eyes. I tilt my head to the left and lower my gaze. "Uhm, I'm a bit tired so I'll go get some rest." You say as you pass me by and pat my shoulder. Don't you all hate sympathy? A pat on the shoulder, a smile on your face and everything's ok. Right? Wrong.

*End of flashback*

Your POV

"Hello?" Sehun stands in front of me with his empty gaze that reflects his puzzled mind. "What did I say?" He questions me. "Well, uhm-" I try to say. "Nevermind. It's not like I'm that interested either way." He turns around, making his way out the room.

"Wait." He looks over at me. "Hm?" I throw the blankets at the end of the bed. "Will you keep me company until I fall asleep again?"