Unexpected encounter

The stranger

Sehun's POV

I'm just standing here watching, as the minutes pass by.You know how people like to accuse the weakest person they see when this type of things happen right?And who doesn't remember that homeless guy I saw the other night?

Yeah that's right,he's the unlucky victim of the 'guess who did this' game.Everyone's yelling at him as if there was some concrete proof that he did it.Can you imagine how bad it is to be the main focus of chaos?

The man's eyes wander looking for a guardian angel or a caring soul to help him.I hate to be the one to say this but due to the fact that it is HARD to find people in here I don't believe such thing will appear.

Now that I think about it...how cool would it be if I was his savior?Yeah I know it sounds weird but let's think about it.Instead of being known as the cold Oh Sehun I'd be known as the savior.I can't help but laugh at my idiotic thought.

Everyone's attention turns to me.It isn't hard to spot me,I'm the only person wearing white clothes and laughing.

"Sehun stop laughing." You whisper to me shaking my arm.

"I can't,it's just too funny." I say loud and clear.

"What's funny boy?" A man I'm assuming to be one of the,uh let's call it 'corpses',parent asks.

"This situation,what you're doing,the way you're accusing people without even listening to what they have to say...shame on you sir." I end the phrase with a smirk.

The man rushes my way.You're probably thinking that I'm going to step back or fight with him but no,I'll just stand still.

He grabs me by the collar.

"And what do you know?!I've just lost my daughter and found out about it at my nephew's funeral."

"Oh so you're all like a big family." I say in a mocking tone.

He punches me but I don't move an inch.

"Well sir to answer your question I do know lots of things and I'm guessing that despite my age I know more than you'll ever know in your entire life.Gosh,I bet you don't even know what a beach is."

My comment got me another punch.My nose has started to bleed.You run to my side.

"Stop Sehun,can't you see he's hurt because he lost a loved one?!"

You try to pull me to your aunt's side but I'm still not moving.I have no facial expression so you can't really tell what I'm feeling.I gently push you out the way.

I slowly walk towards the man,talking.

"And who hasn't lost a loved one?You think you're different from the rest of the world?!It hurts?Yeah it sure does but you don't have the right to accuse people that can't defend themselves.I know you may be feeling like your world has fallen apart,your heart is in pieces and you have no reason to live but guess what?You weren't the one who died,you're not the one in that coffin.I'm pretty sure your daughter would like to be alive so how dare you feel that way?!My mother died too but I'm here,you know why?Because I didn't stop believing that no matter where she is,she is proud of me and wants me to move on.Oh and by the way don't you ever touch me again because I guarantee you that..."

I finally get to where he is.I lean towards him to whisper in his ear.

"No man that got in a fight with me is still alive."

His eyes widen while he steps back,going to his family's side.

I walk towards the homeless guy and poke his arm.

"Let's go." I say walking ahead of him.

"Where are you going?" I hear you asking.

"I'll see you later my love." I simply reply.

I walk down the village with the homeless guy following me.He runs a little to catch up to me.

"Thank you." He says bowing.

I stop for a while to take a good look at his face.He's asian...

"What's your name sir?" I ask continuing to walk.

"Kim Hyunki." He says.

"You're korean?I'm korean as well."

"How did you end up in here?"He asks slightly surprised to see a korean fellow.

"Well,I could ask you the same thing."

"It's a long story,so long that it feels like it was in another lifetime."

"I have time."

"It all started when I left the person I loved.I know she'll never understand why I did it but I was being chased by some bad guys because of a debt.If I stayed they would end up hurting her too so I just left.She begged me to stay but I was so ashamed to tell her what's going on that I yelled at her.I don't know where she is but I hope she's doing well.I had a son too but he was too young to remember me but I'll..."

He stops for a while and continues to talk.

"I'd never forget his face."

"What a beautiful thought but there's always another way.If you came all the way from Korea to here why didn't you bring them with you?" I say a bit out of rage.

"This isn't life..." He says gesturing me to tell my name.

"Sehun."

"Sehun?"

"Yes sir."

"Well Sehun I wouldn't stand to see my family living the way I do."

"Well Hyunki-ssi,my dad left me when I was young but I ended up in the same place as you.

"I bet your father feels sorry."

"And how would you know that?"

"I regret leaving them everyday."

I let out a forced laugh.

"How ironic.You regret it but never went back home."

"Don't judge me son.I did what I believed that was the right thing to do."

"I don't blame you,I blame society.Money somehow has become a priority."

I get no reply so I guess he's thinking about what I've just said.

He's a funny guy.He's short and has a long beard.If he was bigger I'd say he's Santa Claus.

I pull him closer by wrapping my arm around his neck and ruffle his hair.

"Don't worry man.What is done is done.Let's not burden our remembrance with a heaviness that's gone."

"Wow did you just quote Shakespear?"

"Yeah I read one of the books my father left.I'm a fan ever since."

"Interesting..."