Midday sun

The stranger

Sehun's POV

My heart is racing as if I have been running for hours.Once again the midday sun isn't helping.Luckly,I've been sleeping well for the past few days.You may be wondering where I am so let me be nice and tell you.I'm back to the forest,holding my supposed-to-be-father.Is he dead?No,not yet.But why am I holding him then?Let's recap to a few hours ago...

*Flashback*

"You...hobo!" "I'm going to kill you!" "My little girl..."

The loud cries of the angry crowd enter my ears like perfectly made sharp blades.No,they're not talking to me but I feel like they could be.Clear your mind for a minute.Can you picture this scene?Four strong men kicking the man I like to call chaos,also known as the homeless guy.But that's just boring. Are you curious about what happened?Me too.Nah,just kidding.

Well,isn't it obvious einstein?Oh right,it's elementary my Dear Watson.Another girl was killed...I'd say murdered but I couldn't care less. The village's serial killer is quite an artist tho.He or she hung the girl on a tree with her arms wide open just like that other guy.She died the exact same way the other two minions died.Cause of death:a cut on the throat.

If it makes you feel any better,please know that she looks quite impressive for a dead girl.On her body lays a green dress that matches with the nature and her face looks fresh and dewy. How ironic is that?The dead girl looks fresh.Anyway, could you get the picture of it?

I'm glad you did but don't be too proud of yourself.It probably looks nothing like what I'm looking at. I walk closer to the chaotic scene before my eyes.The more I get closer to them,the more the thoughts on my head change and rearrange themselves.I wanted to be able to yell at them and tell them not to touch my father but I'm only moved by the rage. I tap one of the men's back,causing him to turn around in my direction.As he was rotating his body,my fist meets his face.Oh hello there.

He loses some balance and his hands are brought to his face as soon as he realizes that he has a broken bone.More exactly,the bridge of his nose.I can only imagine the pain.A pain that started in the nose and caused throbbing in his eyes.He takes two steps back slightly doubling over,watching as his rose petals like blood  hits the dirt ground.

I take a quick glance at the other musketeers.What a fierce look on their eyes.If looks could kill I'd be...Oh,silly me.

"Oh where are my manners? Good evening sirs."

"You again?How come you always appear when someone dies?!" One of them asks coming my way.

"I don't know.It's a small village.I like to take long walks and as weird as it may sound,the only reason you see me is because you're also here so...how come YOU always appear when someone dies?"

"I..it's...my..."

"Want to try again?"

"Why do you always stand up for this scumbag?!"

"If you prick us do we not bleed? If you tickle us do we not laugh? If you poison us do we not die? And if you wrong us shall we not revenge?"

*End of flashback*

"Sehun!Sehun!" I feel someone shaking me off of my thoughts.I take a better look.What are you doing here?

"What happened Sehun?!Let me help you."

"They killed him...they killed my father..." I can already feel the warm tears that formed on my eyes,running down my face.I look down at him."I knew it would end like this..." I whisper.

You shake my body."No!It's not over.Let's go get help dear." What is this woman talking about?I'm destined to be an orphan.It's a nice contrast tho.Once on a rainy day,now on a sunny day...

You help me stand up and we carry the homeless guy all the way to your house.Your aunt helps us with his wounds and small cuts.We leave her alone with him in her room for her to take care of him and wait on the living room.

"Sehun..."

I refuse to look at you.

"What happened to the other guys?"

I hold your hand,absorbing your warmth.

"I'm sorry but I...I couldn't help it."