Release

Hard to Stop
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Release

Chapter 2

 

“Honestly…what do you think will happen now?” asked Siwon’s Manager.

Siwon has just been released from Military enlistment a week ago. It’s been 4 months since the scandal. He was punished to stay for 2 more months when he was already supposed to be released 2 months ago.

“Do you think everything will turn out the way it was?” asked the Manager

“I was gone for 2 years…my career is supposed to dry out a little.” Said Siwon

“You’re trying to ignore my point. You know what I’m talking about. If you were gone the past 2 years because of enlistment, we can surely lift your career again…many actors has done it.” Said the manager “But your case is different from theirs….”

Siwon took a deep breath. This scolding is going to take a while.                                   

“Let’s get to the point. The scandal that erupted 4 months ago, has resurfaced now that you were released.” Said the Manager. “Netizens are starting to talk about it again.”

“You know I don’t check the net.” Said Siwon

“All right, now I’m letting you know.” Said the Manager.

“Hyung, Are you saying you can’t do anything about it?” asked Siwon “Can’t the company help out?”

“SM has helped a lot already to make this story subside 4 months ago. And Mangement is trying to control it again…but it’s spreading widely” Said the Manager.

“So what’s the plan?” asked Siwon

The Manger made a frustrated grunt. “Stop being arrogant kid. You are in a dangerous situation here. You are no longer young. You’re 30. And there are a lot of younger kids around there. You are no longer the priority as an idol. For example, EXO is getting the limelight over SuperJunior (SJ), have you not noticed? You are slowly being transferred to being an actor…And while the management was trying to do that despite the enlistment…this scandal broke.”

The manager went to the window.

“That means as you get older…the choices for projects gets slimmer and slimmer…it won’t be as many as before…And then with the scandal…do you think you’ll get more offers?” asked the manager “You are very choosy with your projects. You decide your projects in the past…you say No to what you don’t like and say Yes to what you like. You’re used to having it your way…but in this case…it’s either you surrender to what management dictates you to do like a blind man…or your career will end in a matter of weeks.”

“Your first project after your enlistment will be very crucial. Management is talking with different TV networks…they’re looking at finding you a regular show soon. You have to be visible and you have to keep working as if there’s no scandal…until people forgets it.”

The manager has  a point.

“You know my limitations…And you know which shows I hate joining.” Said Siwon “I won’t join them no matter what.”

The manager closed his eyes as he tried to control hsi temper.

There was a sudden knock on the door. And then one of the high executives of SM entertainment entered.

“Boss.” Said the manager.

“It’s good that Siwon is here.” said the Executive as he went to sit on a vacant chair.

“Me?” asked Siwon

“Yes…I have limited time. The management has gathered your remaining offers…and I’ll tell you that the situation is not good. We used to get tens of offers at the same time…5 of which are regular shows…this time…we only got 2 offers for CF and 1 offer for a regular show.” Said the executive

“One regular show?” asked Siwon. Hyung Manager mentioned the management is looking for a regular show for him. Which show is it?

“Are you ready to get married?” asked the executive.

“Huh? Pardon?” asked Siwon

“You might get married earlier than you want.” Said the Executive.

“What do you mean?” asked Siwon

The executive put a folder on the table. The manager took a look at it…and then his face suddenly went pale.

“What is it Hyung?” asked Siwon

“Umm…Boss…was this the only offer? Can we ask a favor to the networks?” asked the manager.

“We’ve gathered everything we can ask the networks but nothing seems to fit the situation right now…This one is perfect.” Said the executive.

Siwon reached for the folder but the manager was holding it tightly.

“Let it go Hyung. I want to see it.” Said Siwon

The manager shook his head. “You wouldn’t want to.” Said the manager.

Siwon went back to his seat. His mind running fast.  So Hyung knows he won’t like the show…

“When you say I’m getting married soon…you don’t mean I’m joining that reality show, right? You don’t mean you want me to join ‘We Got Married (WGM)’?” asked Siwon

The Executive grinned.

Siwon's blood went to his head immedaitely.

“I have said No to that show twice already.” Said Siwon

“They never stopped sending an offer…they are the only show which did not pull out their offer despite the scandal.” Said the Executive. “And it’s the perfect move. You just need to act like a devoted husband like all the other guys who joined the show. Try to be extra sweet...woo your wife... And then slowly your image will change into a like-able star again.”

“That…does make sense…” said the manager hesitantly.

“I won’t do it. You can give me a drama but I won’t participate in a reality show and pretend affection to a random girl as Siwon. I am an actor... But I can't pretend to be a different Siwon.” Said Siwon

“All right then.” The executive stood up. “SM will get their hands off the issue if you don’t want to do it. You’ll be pretty much on your own against the world without a shield. WGM is the only chance you’ve got. Give me your decision tonight.” Said the executive. And then he left.

“I hate this. Why didn’t y

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter