Mademoiselle

Hard to Stop
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Mademoiselle

Chapter 1

 

 

Hannah felt the racing of her heart as nervousness overtakes everything in her mind…

“You have to control yourself Hannah…you can’t be like this all the time…”

It’s been 6 months since their Girl-group’s debut, But she still gets nervous when going on a live stage…this is also the first time they will be performing in this large crowd… They already performed in music shows…but this one is big…it’s an open ground concert where they were included as one of the kpop groups to perform. It’s a blessing and a curse. For a relatively unknown group like “Mademoiselle”, It’s  good to have these exposures…but for a not so confident Hannah, it’s nerve wracking.

All of Hannah’s group members had been training for years…But Hannah only had to go through less than a year of training before they debuted. And what’s worse is that she hasn’t gotten good at anything yet. She can sing…but she sometimes gets off-tune. She can’t dance…the only dance she knew to do before being scouted was swaying…well the less-than-a-year training helped there…She can now dance a little…but she’s far from GOOD. In her girl group, she’s always the last to get the steps right.

“This is frustrating…” Hannah took calming breaths.  Inhale for 5 seconds and exhale for 10 seconds.

The thing is for a 27 year old girl…what can she still offer people? This is her last chance…her only chance to enter  the kpop world.

In the past 6 months since the debut…Netizens has been commenting a lot of different things about her…like She’s pretty…she’s cute…yeah she’s beautiful but why can’t she dance better? Did her voice just cracked on that part? She looks lifeless compared to the others on stage. Her Korean is so bad. Why did they release her with the group if she can’t speak well yet?

That is why though they have performed countless times the past 6 months…the nervousness doesn’t go away. “What if I forget the step? What if I can’t remember the blocking? What if I forget the lyrics? What if…what if…”

“Eonnie, hurry!” said Farah.

Hannah turned back and saw that the others are on the way to the stage. She immediately followed them.

“You are not yourself again, Eonnie?” asked Steph.

“I was just thinking.” Said Hannah

Farah and Steph are of the same age. They are both 22 years old. Very young compared to Hannah. Both of them are Korean who grew up in the country. They became trainees at a very young age of 14.

Mademoiselle is a girlgroup that is composed of 5 members. The other 2 members are the Maknae and the leader.

“When was she herself?” asked the leader, Riz.

Riz is 24 years old…a few years younger than Hannah. But Ritz speaks fluent Korean despite being Chinese American. She came to Korea 4 years ago to train becoming an idol.

A girl pulled Hannah’s arm and walked arm in arm with Hannah.

“Eonnie is nervous that’s why.” Said Sofie, the Maknae.

“We all get nervous.” Said Steph

“But Eonnie is the most nervous of all.” said Farah. “She never gets over it.”

“I’m sorry.” Said Hannah. More of because when she tries to reason out why she’s this nervous…she ends up using the wrong Korean words and mix up sentences. It’s easiest to just say sorry.

“You keep saying Sorry Eonnie.” Said  Sofie

Hannah took a deep breath. These girls like to when she’s all tensed up.

“Cool down Eonnie. Just take a deep breath. We’ll get through this soon.” Said Riz sounding like a true leader.

“Yeah Eonnie, Relax.” Said Sofie emphasizing her English word “Relax” with her English accent.

Sofie grew up in the UK. And she got back 4 years ago just to try out kpop. Now she’s just 20. Very Young!

Everyone went on stage and got to their positions. The crowd cheered.

Farah looked at Hannah. A smile on her face tells Hannah that Farah’s is really happy…the crowd acknowledged them…some of them are even chanting their names…

The song introduction started. And Hannah can hear the crowd’s chanting…”Lady Farah…Lady Steph…Lady Sofie…Lady Rizi…Lady Hannah.”

Their fans call them Lady…it’s something that one fan thought of and just spread around.

“I…am here!” sang Rizi. The introduction is always like an arrogant shout made by the leader.

“You can’t shut your eyes…you can hide the lights…But there is no esca

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter