New Neighbor

Potector and Protectee

KRYSTAL’s POV

 

I ate breakfast with my friend Hara and Jiyoung. I keep on scanning my eyes around my room. I think there’s something missing inside and I can pinpoint what it is. My attention was shifted to my friends when Jiyoung had asked me something.

 

“Huh?” I asked her.

 

“I’m asking you why is it that you don’t have beer in your fridge? You used to stock a lot of them.” She told me.

 

“Well, it because…” I paused. I have the reason in my mind but I don’t know why I have this way of thinking now.

 

“Because what?” Jiyoung asked me curiously.

 

“I think healthy drinks are much better to stock there.”I answered and smile awkwardly. They both gave me a weird look.

 

“Hmmm, well, someone will get fed up in beer if he or she will drink it every day.” Hara stated breaking the brief silence.

 

“Well, me too.” Jiyoung followed.

 

“Speaking of beer, let’s go clubbing tonight?” Hara suggested. “Just us girls, no boys allowed.”

 

“Count me in!” Jiyoung quickly answered.

 

“Our exams will start tomorrow. Aren’t you going to review your lessons?” I questioned them.

 

“Krys, you know that we don’t always care about exams. Let’s just have fun tonight rather that reading some boring books.” Hara stated and scoffed.

 

I really find it weird. Since when I started to care about exams? Somehow, I have this urge feeling to review what I read. I know that I had been reading and reviewing my lessons these past few nights.

 

“You had been wearing that bracelet since yesterday. Aren’t you going to take that off?” Jiyoung said as she looked the bracelet on my right hand.

 

‘Who the hell gave this to me?’

 

“Ah, I just forgot to…” I cut my sentence because I can’t take it off myself. I struggled more but still the same.

 

“You can’t take it off?” Hara questioned me with raised brows.

 

“Y-Yeah.” I replied and smile awkwardly.

 

“Wash it with soap and your hand will just slide through it.” Jiyoung said and I nodded my head.

 

I keep on thinking who gave this to me but I still got nothing. I know that someone gave it but I can’t remember who. If it is one of my friends, I will surely remember him or her. I let out a sigh to release my frustration.

 

“Is the next unit next to yours is vacant?” Hara questioned me when she peeked outside the window.

 

“I think so.”I answered her. “Why?”

 

“I think someone is moving in there today.” She answered.

 

“Omo! Is it a family? A single hot guy or a friendly girl?” Jiyoung frantically asked as she run to Hara.

 

“I can only see the men who are unloading the mover’s things from the van, Jiyoung.” Hara said and giggled.

 

“I think that is Krystal’s new neighbor!” Jiyoung remarked.

 

“So  which one of your category my new neighbor belongs too?” I questioned and scoffed but they didn’t answered me. “Yah!” I yelled at them.

 

I furrowed my brows because they are both looking outside the window with their sparkling eyes. I walked over to them and peeked on the window too to see my new neighbor. I saw a guy standing outside while talking to the men and then our eyes met when he turned his head in our direction. I know he see us looking at him.

 

“Krys, we should introduce ourselves to him!” Hara said excitedly.

 

AMBER’s POV

 

I am a human now and from Krystal’s guardian, I will be her new neighbor. I can’t believe Magnus had possessed a human now. Our problem is, we don’t know who that human he possessed is. We will only recognize him one he will take over that human’s body.

 

“Thank you for your help.” I said to the movers and bowed to them after I pay them.

 

I only have a few stuffs with me. I should appear as a normal human being who is moving in the same apartment that Krystal is living. I need to get close to her and my Comrades will be backing me up too. Since I’m a human, my power is only limited. I grab my back-pack and go to my new place. Before I can pass by Krystal’s apartment, her door swung open then I saw Hara and Jiyoung standing in the doorway and she stayed behind them.

 

“Hi! Welcome to our neighborhood!” the two said in unison with a bright smile on their faces.

 

“Thank you.” I answered them, returning back their smile. I glance on Krystal but she is just looking at me with furrowed brows.

 

“Uhm, I’m Go Hara.” Hara introduced herself first.

 

“I’m Park Jiyoung.” Jiyoung followed.

 

“I-I’m, Jung Soojung.” Krystal said and avoided my eyes.

 

“I’m Liu Amber Joseph.” I said to them.

 

“Wow, you are not Korean right? But you are fluent in our language. Did you grow up here?” Jiyoung asked me.

 

“I’m Chinese and I don’t grow up in your country.” I replied to her. “I know your language because I studied it.” I continued and they all nodded their heads,except Krystal, in understanding.

 

“You know, we are planning to hang out tonight. Do you want to come with us? We will go in the club and I think it’s the perfect place where we can have your welcome party.” Hara stated.

 

“Err…sorry! I have exams tomorrow in my new school so I can’t go out tonight.” I said to them as I bow to apologized.

 

“Us too! Well, we can go on study out in one café and have your welcome party there, right?” Jiyoung stated with hopeful eyes. I didn’t expect that they are this persistent.

 

“I think that would be cool.” I answered her. They both looked happy of what I said and Krystal just keep quiet and just watching me. “See you later then.” I told them and bid my goodbye.

 

This is funny! If before it is Krystal who will always feel my eyes on her, this time, I’m the one who is feeling her eyes on me. I just continue in my pace and open the door of my unit. I turn my head to her after I open the door and I curved a smile when I met her eyes before I went inside.