Stay By My Side

Potector and Protectee

KRYSTAL's POV

 

I followed Amber wherever he leads me. I know that there is something not ordinary happening around. I can see it judging from the expression on his face. I saw Kai and my friends came out the building. I think Amber noticed them because he let go of my hand. I feel relieved seeing that they were all okay.

 

"Are you okay?" Kai asked me worriedly.

 

"I'm fine." I answered with a smile.

 

Kai shifted his eyes to Amber but the guy is busy roaming his eyes around the crowd. His attention was shifted to Hara when she talked to him.

 

"Are you looking for someone, Am?" Hara asked him.

 

"Yeah. But I think that person had already left." he answered her.

 

"I assume your referring to your crush." Jiyoung said with a sly smile as she squint her eyes.

 

"Crush?" Amber questioned.

 

"You're abnormal if you don't have one." I told him and he furrowed his brows.

 

"Well, I think I am then." he stated and I think that statement made my girl friends confuse.

 

Later, Sehun and Luhan approached us. It was then announced that there are no more class for the rest of the day which of course made us all happy. I glance on Amber but he is still putting a serious expression on his face.

 

"Babe, let's go on a date today." Kai said with his charming smile.

 

"Okay." I answered, returning back his smile.

 

Kai excused himself to get his car. Amber approached me and I can say that he is not favor on I and Kai's date. I can see the looked of disapproval on his face.

 

"You can't do anything about it. I won't listen to you anymore." I told him with the enough loudness of my voice that only the two of us can hear.

 

"I may be living as a human now but it doesn't mean that I won't be watching you 24/7."he said to me which got me annoyed hearing it.

 

"Why don't you just leave me alone?There are lots of people out there who badly need your 'guarding' services." I said to him. I saw a glint of annoyance that waves on his face.

 

"I know." he replied. "But you're the only one I want to protect for now. So I will stay on your side to make sure you'll be safe. Whether you like it or not."He continued.

 

AMBER's POV

 

I didn't expect that Krystal will feel embarrased on what I told her. I can see that her face flushed after I finished saying my word. I don't what part of my statement made her feel embarrassed.

 

"Amber, do you want to come with us in the Casa Cafe?"Jiyoung asked which shifted my attention to her.

 

"I'm sorry, but I still have something important to do." I answered her with an apologetic smile.

 

"Okay." Jiyoung said with a tinge of disappointment in her voice.

 

"Next time, you should come with us or else we will get upset to you." Hara stated and I just curved a smile to her.

 

They all left, going into different direction. I and Krystal was left alone. I don't sense any enemies around. Kai came and stop his car near Krystal.

 

"Babe, get in." Kai told her after he open the door from inside.

 

Krystal throw her gaze on me and I think she's hesitating to leave. I was silently praying that she won't leave. Since I'm a human right now, my ability to teleport and exist anywhere are restrained.

 

"Kai, I'm sorry but I can't go with you today. I have something important to do." she said to him.

 

"And what is that?"

 

“Uhm…I need to go to the town library. I need to research something.” She lied to him.

 

Kai frowned because of her lame excuse. I think that guy got mad of what she said because he slammed the door shut and drove away. Krystal let out a deep sigh then she turn to faced me and I can see the rage in her eyes.

 

“Now tell me! What do I needed to do for you to disappear in my life?!” she raised her voice and I was taken aback.

 

“Why are you using that tone of voice on me?” I questioned her and she narrowed her eyes.

 

“Don’t play dumb on me. Let’s get this whole thing over with.” she demanded.

 

“If I fail to do my duty as a Guardian and my mission, then everything will surely be over.” I told her and she furrowed her brows.

 

“You don’t have to worry because I won’t mind. I don’t care if you won’t be able to do your duty as my Guardian.” She answered me.

 

“If I won’t do my duty and won’t accomplish my mission, then after seven days, you will go straight to hell.”I told her and I noticed the surprised expression on her face. “Now, do you still not care about it and wish for me to abandon you?” I questioned her.

 

“Well….”

 

“Now that you are aware of your situation, you are not allowed to leave my side for seven days. I am not planning to let them throw your soul to that horrible place.” I said to her and then a pink shade painted on her cheeks.