Intervention

Potector and Protectee

KRYSTAL’s POV

 

“Oppa, what are you doing here?” I asked him before I hugged him.

 

“I miss my little sister that’s why I came to see her.” He replied and flashed his charming smile after I pulled back. “How are you?”

 

“I’m good.”I answered with a smile. “How about you guys?”

 

“I’m great as well as our old pals. Mom and Dad are planning to come here before your summer break.”He stated. I nodded my head in understanding.

 

“Let’s go inside so we can chat comfortably.” I invited him.

 

“Can we go to a nearby diner? I’m kinda hungry and I know you haven’t cooked anything yet since you are still in your uniform.” He told me and chuckled.

 

“Oh, yeah! Wait for a sec, I will change first.” I said to him.

 

“Nah, just wear that. I want to see you longer wearing your college uniform.” He spoke.

 

We head to the diner just a couple of blocks away from our neighborhood. We talk about random stuff, catching up with each other. We haven’t seen each other for two years now. He travels a lot because of his work. I’m glad that he is near with me now. Just like in Amber, I feel safe when he is around too. He is my savior when we were kids. He always protect me and always been there for me.

 

“So when can I meet your boyfriend?”he asked me with and flashed a playful smile.

 

“Maybe soon.” I answered and giggled.

 

“How soon is soon?”

 

“Just soon.”I said and giggled.

 

“Seriously Soojung, I want to meet him. I will check if he’s good enough for you.” He said putting on a serious facial expression.

 

“Kai is a nice guy, Oppa. You don’t have to worry about it.” I told him and he just shrugged his shoulder then laugh.

 

My attention was shifted to someone who had gone out of the diner. He looks like Amber and I abruptly got up from my seat and followed him. I think Oppa got puzzled of my sudden action. He called my name but I didn’t listen to him. I chase after that guy who crossed the street. I’m running after him. I guess this is not my lucky day today because I twisted my ankle in the middle of the road. I tried to get up but failed to do so. I’m clutching my left ankle as I winced in pain.

 

“Amber!” I called him and the guy stopped from walking.

 

It made me somehow feel happy because he heard me. I smiled to him when I confirmed that it is really him. He just looked at me with expressionless face, not returning my smile. He turned his head to my right side and I followed his gaze. I saw that a big truck is coming and I just froze in my spot. It’s running in its fast speed and I think the driver lost its break because he keeps on honking at me. My heart starts to pound and I turn to Amber. I thought he is going to save me but he didn’t. He just stood there looking at me.

 

“Am, please help me! I can’t get up.” I said to him feeling helpless.

 

The sound of the truck honking gets louder and louder and I know too that it’s getting closer to me. I think Amber did want me to die this time. I can see it in his eyes that he got no intention of saving me. My tears roll down on my cheeks. I shut my eyes tight waiting for the truck to hit me. I can’t believe that Amber betrayed me. I wish this is just a dream but I know that it is not. I felt someone lifted me up which made me open my eyes again. I was expecting to see him but I only got disappointed when I saw that it is just my brother.

 

“Yah! You almost got run over by a truck back there.” He said to me.

 

“H-How did you…”

 

“I’m a fast runner and you are so light to carry.” He interrupted me. “Aish! Why did you just run off?”

 

When I heard what he said, I remember Amber. I roamed my eyes around but I couldn’t see him anymore.

 

“Krys?”

 

“I want to go home.”I weakly said to him and rested my head on his chest feeling the intense pain in my chest.

 

AMBER’s POV

 

I stopped myself from saving her. She may not understand why I am doing this right now but I will explain to her soon. This is the only way I could think off to accomplish my mission and do my task. Her elimination in this world had already been decided. She will be killed in any form of accidents.

 

“We almost got her there.” Jonghyun said. “She will surely get shocked when she finds out that her apartment is burned down.”

 

“She’s lucky that, that guy invited her to go out.”Taeimin said and scoffed.

 

“Who is that guy anyway?” Minho asked.

 

“He is her step brother.” Key answered him.

 

“He is quite more agile than a normal human being.” Tamein remarked.

 

“Yun, how exactly are you going to save her?” Onew who just recovered from his injury and joined us asked.

 

“By killing Magnus.” I answered them.

 

“But we haven’t tracked down Magnus yet. Her death will be three hours from now.” Key stated.

 

“How did you know?” I questioned him with furrowed brows.

 

“Sulli and Luna told me about her time of death. Krystal’s number of days had been shortened into hours. She will die in the next accident.” Key stated.

 

“If no one will intervene, she’ll surely die.” I muttered.

 

I know I’m not the only one who wants to keep her alive. I know that Magnus wants the same thing too. If that guy will manage to save her at her final time, then without a doubt, he is not just a normal human being.