Guardian

Potector and Protectee

KRYSTAL’s POV

 

I think I drank too much alcohol last night because I fell asleep while driving. I thought I won’t survive when my car collide with the big track but fortunately, here I am, still breathing and only got a minor injury, only bruises and scratch. My friends visited me and I feel happy to see them. I am Krystal Jung, currently 18 years old and now first year in college. I live alone since the rest of my family live in States.

 

“Guys, when you visit someone, you are supposed to bring something to drink or eat.”I said to my friends who came by to visit me. They are Jiyoung and Hara.

 

“Sorry, we forgot to buy your favorite mangoes.”Hara said with an apologetic smile.

 

“Next time, you should bring two baskets of mangoes.” I replied and they both nodded their head.

 

“When are you going to be discharge here?”Jiyoung asked me.

 

“After a couple of days.” I answered her.

 

“So no more party for two days, huh?”Hara said to me and giggled with Jiyoung.

 

“Two days is not that long, Hara.”I answered and scoffed.

 

“Your guys will surely miss you, Krys.”Jiyoung stated.

 

“Nah, let them miss me.”I answered and laugh.

 

When Jiyoung and Hara left, my room is again filled with silence. I again feel alone. I lie back on my bed, turning in one side. I close my eyes because I decided to take a rest. I open my eyes when I feel someone’s presence. Our eyes meet, and we both looked surprise.

 

“W-Who are you? W-What are you doing here?” I asked him as I got up and moved on the side of the bed which is far from him.

 

I really feel scared right now. I know that he is not a worker here because he is not wearing a uniform. I feel like he is a grim reaper because he is wearing all black.

 

“I think there is nothing I can do about this.” he mumbled as he rub his forehead and shook his head.

 

 He then look at me and our eyes meet again. He stared at me and I didn’t dare to move even just a single muscle. I thought that if I did, he will instantly take my soul from my body.

 

“I am Amber, I am your current Protector.”he introduce himself with a husky voice. I think he is not a bad person because he doesn’t look like he is. But what he said after his name made me confused.

 

“Protector?”I questioned hi m with furrowed brows.

 

“Yeah, I am your Protector as well as your Guide in this temporary journey of yours.”he replied.

 

“So in short, you will be my guardian?” I asked him and I notice his eyes widened for a moment.

 

“Yeah, I am.”he replied as he averted his gaze.

 

“Wait!” I exclaimed when I realized something.

 

“What?”

 

“Did my parents hire you to become my guardian?”I asked him curiously as I pointed him with my right index finger.

 

“Nope.”he replied quickly. “Don’t ask anymore because what you are asking is a classified information.”he stated.

 

“Whoever hired you, say to him or her that I don’t need a guardian. I am old enough to take care of myself.”I remarked.

 

“Pfft! Are you trying to make me laugh?” he said with a little bit sarcastic tone of voice. “From this day onward, I will be looking after you.”he continued.

 

“Are you stupid?”I asked him sarcastically while raising my brows. I witnessed how his expression change into an annoyed one. “What part of ‘I don’t need a guardian’ you didn’t understand?”

 

“All.”He answered shortly and sat down on the chair beside the room. “I am not going anywhere for a while. I will disappear once you change your ways and live your life in the right way.”he  added.

 

“I am living my life to the fullest right now, so you don’t need to look after me.”I said to him as I rolled my eyes.

 

“Partying every night, got into an accident because of drunkiness, and almost all subjects are failing. Is this how a normal sane person lives his or her life to the fullest?” he mocked and scoffed.

 

“H-How did you know all of that?” I asked him with disbelief.

 

“I just got all of that information just now.”he told me.

 

I began to feel scared hearing his response. I really find him weird. I feel like I am not talking to a sane person. I began to panicked when I realize that he might be one of those psycho stalkers like in the movies.

 

“I-I want to be alone so you should get out!” I told him, suppressing my fear inside.

 

“I’m sorry to say this to you but, I will be always by your side 24/7.”he told me with a smirk on his face.

 

Hearing what he said freak me out. I began to press the emergency button and had been calling the nurse. I got more scared when he walks over to me. I throw my pillows on him but it just pass through him. Witnessing that made me loss my consciousness. I slowly open my eyes.  When I remembered the guy earlier, I quickly got up and roam my eyes around. I let out a deep sigh in relief when he is not in sight.

 

“I’m glad that he already left!”I said placing my right hand on my chest.

 

“Who left?” I heard his husky voice again which got me startled. I lift up my head and saw him standing on the foot of my bed.

 

“Yah! Why are you still here?!”I yelled on him.

 

“Because I am your Protector.” He replied to me briefly.

 

“Leave me alone, you bad spirit!”I told him as I made a cross with my index fingers and closing my eyes.

 

I open them back when I heard him burst into laughter. I look at him and he is rubbing his stomach while laughing.

 

“You are one odd girl!”he remarked after he managed to stop himself from laughing. “If you only see how funny your expression was just now.” He continued and somehow it made me feel annoyed.

 

“Just crossover you stupid llama-face spirit!”I told him annoyingly as I rolled my eyes and his happy expression was turned into an annoyed one.

 

“Sorry spoiled brat, like what I told you before, I will be by your side 24/7.”he told me with an annoying smirk on his face.