Memories

Potector and Protectee

KRYSTAL’s POV

 

I want to kill Amber but I don’t have the strength to do so. It is not because of what I see in his eyes, it is because of what I feel inside my chest. It is what stopping me from killing him. When a man appeared and suddenly struck him behind, I felt scared.  I feel afraid of the thought of losing Amber.

 

“I think I’m too late.” Another guy arrived and I know he is not a foe. He stooped down next to Amber who is weakly lying on the floor.

 

“Where is Chief Siwon?” Amber asked him weakly.

 

“He was being held captured by the demons but we managed to rescue him. He is now resting in our quarters.” He answered to him.

 

“How did they capture Chief, Kris?” the guy named Key asked.

 

“Some demons infiltrated our quarters. The higher-ups are currently investigating how did they got pass our guards.” The guy replied.

 

“So there is a problem going on in our quarters now.” Quian spoke.

 

“So you fail to take her soul, Quian.” the Kris guy said when he looked at me.

 

“Yiyun won’t let me.” Quian answered with annoyance in his voice.

 

“I am her Guardian and it is my job to protect her.” Amber said with a faint smile. “I got short time left, you guys should go back to the quarters and help fix the problem there.”he said to them.

 

“We won’t leave you behind, Yiyun.” One guy who kinda looked like Amber said to him with concern in his voice.

 

“Don’t worry Jonghyun. After a while, I will be at peace.” Amber said and I know what he is talking about.

 

“I won’t let you die! I won’t allow it!”I burst out and they all look at me.

 

Amber struggled to sit up and his friends help him. I hugged him tight and I feel his body tensed up. His body is not that warm like how it used to be. His friends left us alone.

 

“I didn’t expect that my existence will cease today.”he whispered to me and chuckled. “Kai is a good guy, but he should change some of his ways.”

 

“Even in situation like this, you are still saying that.” I scolded him. “For once, stop thinking about being righteous.” I continued as I pulled back from my hug and look at him in the eyes.

 

“I can’t help it. It is in my nature to think that way.” He replied.

 

“It is not in my nature to think about that.” I spoke as I break our eye contact.

 

“You ask me earlier why I didn’t kill you that time, right?” he said which made me look back at him. “I will tell you a story.”

 

As Amber told me the story, my eyes slowly feel heavy. I tried to keep myself awake but I failed to do so. The last thing that I saw before I closed my eyes was his smile and him slowly disappearing.

 

“Amber…”

 

MINHO’s POV

 

It grieved us to see our friend disappear. But right before that happened, he asked us one favor, to erase all the memories that Krystal has with him and other humans who got involved with him. We brought Krystal back to her apartment as well as Kai and her brother Suho.

 

“Do you think Yiyun fell in love with her even before?” Onew asked curiously.

 

“I don’t know.” I answered him.

 

“Even if he did not disappear, their love is still forbidden.” Jonghyun stated.

 

“Yeah, we angels cannot enter into a relationship to either our fellow angels or to any humans.” Key spoke.

 

“Well, the Kai guy does love that girl.” Taemin said.

 

“But she loves Yiyun.” I retorted.

 

“That’s the irony.” Jonghyun remarked.

 

KRYSTAL’s POV

 

I felt like I had been asleep for a long time. My head feels heavy. I look around and I did not remember coming inside my room. I cupped my head when I got up. I dragged myself into the bathroom to prepare myself for my school. I heard my doorbell rang when I get out of my room.

 

“Oppa!” I called my stepbrother Suho in surprised.

 

I give him a light hug and then invite him inside. I don’t know why I have this feeling that this is not my first time seeing him after the last time we saw each other.

 

“How are you, Krys?” he asked me with a smile after he sat down on the couch.

 

“I’m good, how about you?” I replied to him.

 

“I’m fine too.” He answered me.

 

“What are you doing here? You should have called me that you were coming here in Korea.” I stated.

 

“I want to surprise you.” He said to me with a playful smile and I chuckled. “You got a beautiful bracelet.”he continued as he glance on my bracelet.

 

“Oh thank you. I…” I paused. I don’t remember who gave this to me or where did I bought it.

 

“Is there something wrong, Krys?” Oppa asked me and I lifted up my head to meet his eyes.

 

“N-Nothing, Oppa.” I answered him and force a smile.

 

“I’m sure you haven’t had your breakfast yet, so let’s go and grab some food. I will take you to your University too.” He said to me and I just nodded my head.

 

I look at the bracelet and I tried to remember who gave it to me because I got a feeling that I didn’t buy it. As I think harder, I saw a guy but his appearance is vague. I can’t clearly see his physical appearance.

 

‘Who is he?’