I Will

Potector and Protectee

KRYSTAL’s POV

 

I know that Amber will not let me out of his sight. I quickly think of way how to escape from him. I keep pacing back and forth trying to figure out what to do. My eyes landed on my laptop and I tried to search in the internet how to get rid of an angel like him. I let out a deep sigh and closed my laptop when all I see is just a fictional thought on how to kill them. I turn my attention to the door when I heard a knock.

 

“What?” I said to him after I opened the door.

 

“Come in the living room. We need to discuss something.” He stated and the left.

 

I furrowed my brows as I look at him. I close the door behind and followed him. I don’t know what is he going to discuss about. I sat down on the chair couch and he sat down on the chair. I raised my brows when I saw a piece of paper and a pen on the center table.

 

“Write all the names of the guys who are acquainted to you.” He instructed.

 

“Why?” I asked him confusedly.

 

“I needed to get a list of them so that I will be able to track Magnus.” He replied.

 

Hearing the name of Magnus made me remember our conversation earlier. While I am having a battle with my own thoughts whether to tell Amber about it or not, I did not realize that he already waiting for me to do what he instructed me to do.

 

“You can write Kai’s name first.” He suggested.

 

“Aish, alright!” I answered him annoyingly as I rolled my eyes.

 

I don’t understand how my friends have got to do with Magnus. I did what Amber had asked me anyway. Maybe he will ask his comrades to protect each one of them.

 

“How about the girls?” I questioned him after I finished the list.

 

“They are safe.” He briefly answered as he gets the piece of paper.

 

He neatly folded it and put it inside his pocket. He shifted his eyes back on me and our eyes met. He stared at me for a moment and I just looked back at him.

 

“Is there something you want to say?” He questioned me that caught me off guard. I quickly averted my eyes away from him.

 

“None.” I answered him.

 

I steal a glance at him and he looked at me with furrowed brows. He then got up from his seat which made me loosen up a bit.

 

“You should stay away from any guys from now on. Strangers or not, you should keep your distance from them.” He told me.

 

“Why?”

 

“It’s because Magnus could be one of them.” He answered which made me furrowed my brows..

 

“Why you are so against that Magnus? Who really is he anyway? Are you sure that he is a bad guy and will harm me?” I asked him frantically.

 

“He is not just bad but an evil one. He may not harm you but he will bring you to the place will there is suffering.” He replied.

 

Did he meant by the place where there is suffering is our old house?

 

“You said yourself that he may not harm me so why not let me meet him personally?” I asked him and his facial expression change into a very serious one.

 

“Over my dead body, I won’t let him get near you.” He replied sternly.

 

We stare at each other after he said that. I began to feel awkward so I looked away. I may be delusional and assuming but I can’t help but to think that Amber cares a lot for me more than a guardian angel should do.

 

AMBER’s POV

 

I asked my comrades help to look at the person on Krystal’s list. She is acquainted with 20 guys. It’s not in her looks that she is a friendly type of person. Her sharp eyes, cold aura and appearance will tell you that she is not but I guess do not judge the book by its cover applies to her. I stayed in her apartment. I plan to keep myself awake in the entire night.

 

“Aren’t you going to sleep?” she questioned me.

 

“No.” I answered shortly.

 

“You’re not sleepy?”she asked with raised brows.

 

“Not really.” I replied and she nodded her head in understanding.

 

“But you are human now right? You need to rest too.”she stated. “You know, to regain your strength.” She continued.

 

“Why don’t you go to sleep? I’m used of not sleeping so I can manage.” I said to her.

 

“Okay, if you say so.” she answered and proceed to her room.

 

I followed my eyes on her until she entered in her room and close the door. After a while Key, Jonghyun, Minho, and Taemin appeared in front of me.

 

“So what did you find out?” I questioned them.

 

“None of them is Magnus.” Key stated. I let out a sigh of disappointment.

 

“We cannot see his dark aura in any of those guys in the list.” Taemin spoke.

 

I nodded my head in understanding. This is harder than I thought it will be.

 

“Demons are trying to break their way into this world. Some of them are opening a portals going here.” Minho informed me.

 

“Since Magnus came here, everything is in chaos.” I spoke.

 

“Hyung, Chief has a new order to you.” Jonghyun said to me.

 

“What is it?” I questioned him curiously. They eyed each other before they looked at me.

 

“The Higher-ups wants you to kill her after the seventh day.” He said which made me widened my eyes. “Because if you wouldn’t, then Magnus is going to claim her as his. This is what they had prophesied.” he continued.

 

"It's only you who will be able to kill her." Key said. "They want you to give us your word that you will."

 

I feel disheaertened when I heard what they said. I wish to save Krystal from her unfair death but it seems that I will be the one who will rob her life away from her. I can't disobey the Higher-up's order. We are not allowed to do that.

 

"I will." I sighed.

 

After I uttered that word, Krystal's room door swung open revealing her standing there with sadness in her eyes. I can see the pain in her eyes and after her tears rolled down on her cheek, she run out of the apartment. I think we got all shock because none of us didn't manage to move a muscle. My mind went blank and I never feel guilty in my entire life.  I just hurt her and betrayed her trust. 

 

"I think she overheard us." Taemin mumbled.

 

"She definitely did." I spoke and got up from my seat. "Kibum, tell the Higher-ups that I will protect Krystal no matter what. I will never let her die and let Magnus get a hold of her." I continued and run after Krystal without waiting for his response.