Promise

Potector and Protectee

KRYSTAL’s POV

 

I allowed him to walk me home. I keep on stealing glances at him. Even from the side view, I can’t help it but to think that he is Amber. I quickly look away when he turn to look at me. From the corner of my eyes, I saw him curved a smile.

 

“Do I really look like him?”he asked me.

 

“H-Huh?” I answered with raised brows as I meet his eyes.

 

“The guy named Amber.” He replied.

 

“Y-Yeah.” I answered with a faint smile and he nodded his head in understanding.

 

“But sorry to disappoint you, my name is not Amber. It is Eunyoung.” He said to me.

 

“I know that you are not really him.” I replied to him with a weak smile.

 

“Boyfriend?”

 

“He is not my boyfriend.” I answered him.

 

“How is he related to you then? It seems like he is important to you.” He asked me curiously.

 

“He is just someone special to me.” I stated.

 

“I see. Where is he now?”he asked me.

 

“He…” I paused. I don’t know where he is. “Do you believe in guardian angel?” I asked him.

 

He looked at me with raised brows. I think he got a little bit surprise of what I asked him. We both stop walking and I waited for his answer.

 

“I don’t know if they really exist. But they said that each of us has one.” He answered. “Do you believe in them?” he asked me and I nodded my head.

 

“Amber is my guardian angel.” I told him and he stared at with his mouth partly open.

 

“You’re kidding me, right?” he asked me after he cleared his throat and laugh awkwardly.

 

“No, I’m not.” I answered him seriously and he stopped from laughing.

 

He awkwardly scratched the back of his head. I started walking again and he followed me. I won’t blame him if he will think that I am crazy. I don’t even know why I said it to him. Well, it’s too late for me to regret now.

 

“You know, I just woke up in a coma a month ago in America.” He spoke which made me looked at him with furrowed brows. What I heard made me stopped from walking, again.

 

“Coma?” I clarify it to him and he nodded his head.

 

“I met an accident earlier this year. I thought I will die at that time but if Guardian Angels do exist, I think mine had protected me.” He told me with a gentle smile on his face.

 

“I think that person really did.” I answered him returning back his smile.

 

“Really?” He replied and chuckled. “Yeah, maybe.”

 

EUNYOUNG’s POV

 

The look in her eyes caught my attention. It is full of sadness and I think she had been through a lot. I find it ridiculous when she told me that Amber is her guardian angel. I thought she was joking but it seemed that she was not so I refrain from laughing.

 

“Thanks for walking me home, Eunyoung.” She told me.

 

“So this is where you live.” I said to her as I roam my eyes around the building.

 

“Yeah.”  She answered. “Uhm, good night.”she continued with a smile.

 

“No problem. My pleasure!” I replied to her playfully. It’s great to see her smile.

 

I turned my back on her when she walked on her doorstep. I stop from walking when I realized that I haven’t asked her name yet. I quickly turn around and surprisingly she’s looking at me. I let out an awkward laugh and she did the same.

 

“Uhm, sorry but, I didn’t quite catch your name.” I said to her after I walk back at her.

 

“I thought you wouldn’t ask.” She answered and chuckled. “I’m Jung Soojung.”

 

“Jung Soojung, it’s a nice name.” I said to her.

 

“But you can also call me Krystal. It’s my English name.” she stated.

 

“I see, alright. What name do you want me to call you?” I asked her.

 

“Anything you like.” She answered.

 

“Well, okay.” I told her with a smile. “My full name is Liu Eunyoung. I am not a Korean and I am a tourist in your country.”

 

My smile faded when she stared at me. She just stood there and looked at me with a bit surprised expression on her face.

 

“Can I see you again tomorrow?”she asked me.

 

“Of course, I will be just here.” I answered her.

 

“Promise me that you won’t disappear?” she said and she sounds kinda scared. I find it odd for her to ask me that.

 

“I promise.” I assured her with a smile.  “But I think I should see you often for you to make sure that I didn’t disappear.” I continued jokingly.

 

I got surprised when she suddenly hugged me. This girl loves hugging so much. I can’t help but to laugh at her action. I think I should stick around her for a longer period of time. If I want to keep the smile on her face and wipe off the sadness on her eyes.

 

“You don’t know how happy I am right now, Eunyoung.” She whispered to me and I can’t help it but to grin in her words.

 

Hey guys, sorry if I have to end it this way. Thanks for your comments, upvotes and subscriptions. I had fun with you guys in this fic. I enjoyed reading your comments, knowing your reactions and opinions in every chapter. I hope you had fun reading this story too. Once again, thank you so much! Hi to my friends, saranghae!lol