A Guardian's Duty

Potector and Protectee

AMBER's POV

 

The place that they called club is the place where I can see different forms of sin. I keep my eye on my Protectee, she's hanging with her friends, joining them in their table.  I look around hoping to see another guardian around.

 

"Man, exam week are coming too soon." Sehun, one of Krystal's friend whined which brought back my attention to them.

 

"Don't worry about it bro, we can always cheat."Kai said with a smirk on his face which made me raised my brows.

 

"How about we just study our lessons?" Krystal suggested which made her friends look at her. "For a change." she continued with an awkward smile.

 

"Good one." I complimented her. I didn't expect to hear that from her.

 

"Aish." Jiyoung hissed and playfully hit Krystal's hand. "You know we can last long in doing boring things."she stated to her and giggled.

 

"Yeah, just reading one page of my book, my eyes will already closed by itself." Hara followed.

 

"I can relate to that. I can't really stand studying." Luhan remarked.

 

"So cheating is the easy way to pass our exams. Besides, it won't be called cheating if you won't get caught." Kai remarked.

 

"I think it is you who will only do the right thing here then." I said to her as I turn to her.

 

KRYSTAL's POV

 

I really want to get rid of him as soon as possible. He did always stay beside me. I was force to drink just a minimum amount of alcohol because he is watching. I can't make out with my boyfriend because he don't take his eyes off me. I can't dance illy because he keeps on nagging me if I did.

 

"Thanks for taking me home, Kai." I told him and curve a smile when he parked his car on the front of my apartment.

 

"Can I have a thank you kiss instead?" he replied as he lean over to me.

 

I glance on Amber who is looking at us with crossed arms. I shifted my attention back to my boyfriend and plant a quick peck on his lips. I think he doesn't want for just a peck because he look disappointed.

 

"Good night, babe.Drive home safely." I said to him.

 

"Good night." he sighed and I step out of his car.

 

I wave my hand on him before he drove away. I followed my eyes on the car who is slowly going further away.

 

"I can see lust in his eyes while he was looking at you." Amber spoke which made me annoyed.

 

I decided to ignore him and head to my apartment. I shut my door behind and even locked it to prevent him from getting inside but I only got frustrated when I saw him sitting on the couched, flipping the pages of my book.

 

"You should start reviewing your lessons tomorrow. You've got a lot of chapters to read."he said to me.

 

"Please, give me a break." I said to him as I rolled my eyes and head into my room.

 

"Your exam will be next week. You will fail your major subject if you don't study." he told me and now, he is sitting on  the edge of my bed.

 

"Yah! Why are you inside my room? Get out!" I yelled on him as I pointed the door. I looked at him sternly.

 

"Don't compare me to you humans. I don't have any carnal desires." he told me.

 

"Oh really?" I replied annoyingly.

 

I thought that maybe he hasn't seen any girl before that is why he can say that. An idea then suddenly popped in my head.

 

"Even if you take off all of your clothes, I won't get out in your room." he said to me which got me dumbfounded.

 

"How did you know?" I asked him.

 

"I'm an angel, I have abilities that you humans don't possess." he informed.

 

"D-Does it means you are watching me even inside the bathroom?"I questioned him but he just shrugged his shoulders and got up.

 

"It's time for you to rest." He said.

 

AMBER’s POV

 

I think she starts to feel uncomfortable now. I just tricked her so she will not do what she had in her mind. I already asked my forgiveness before I told her that lie. I sat down on the chair in her study table and watch her sleep. My attention was shifted to Siwon when I heard his voice.

 

“Yiyun!” Siwon called me.

 

“Her I am, Chief!” I answered him.

 

“A great battle had broke between the Demons and your Comrades. Demon Magnus fled in the human world.” He told me.

 

“Do you want me to find him?” I questioned him.

 

“I already asked Kibum and Minho to go there and search for him.” He answered.

 

“Why are you telling me about it if you don’t want me to do anything to it?” I asked him with furrowed brows.

 

“Because, he is after your Protectee.”he informed me.

 

“Why?” I questioned him.

 

“He chose her to bear his demon child.” He stated. “The Higher ups are planning to eliminate her existence to prevent it from happening.” He continued which made me widened my eyes.

 

“T-They can’t do that to her now. She’s still lost in her way. If she will die, her destination will be in hell.” I told him.

 

“Let’s pray that Minho and Kibum will be able to find Magnus before he possess a human. For now, don’t let your guard down. Do your job as her guardian.” He said to me.

 

I looked at Krystal who is sleeping peacefully on her bed.  Somehow, I feel sorry for her if the Higher ups will decide to kill her. I hope Minho and Kibum will be able to track Magnus down and catch him before he will possess a human. I should be vigilant from now on. I will protect her from that demon and won't let her vansihed in this world while she is still a lost soul. As a Guardian, it is my duty to make sure that she will go to the good place and not in the place where she will suffer forever.