Chapter 2

Je t'aime Forever and Ever

As they arrive at their room, Hyukjae and Donghae fixed their things. Donghae knowing that his best friend didn’t bring anything, brought him extra swimming clothes.

“Hae do you think I could get some cute guys or girls in this place?” He said with a wide grin.

“Only if they passed my standards.” Donghae replied.

Hyukjae frowned at him. “You know what now I know the reason why I don’t have a love life till now, why are you like that I mean I never care about your flings!” He complained.

“Flings? Sorry I don’t have one and to set the record straight, many guys courted you, girls drool over you are the one rejcting them so don’t whine as if you’re a lovesick Lee Hyukjae.”

Donghae was right, he had many admirers but he rejected them all, why? He was a hopeless romantic, Hyukjae don’t want to enter a relationship he has this quote “follow your heart.” Blame his umma for giving that advice, that’s why in his mind he always reind himself love is a sacred thing..

“Well I can say the right one hasn’t find his or her way to me.” Hyukjae replied.

“Or you are looking so far Hyukkie, not noticing he is just nearby.”

He looked at Donghae, he wanted to ask him what does his best friend mean, but he noticed him having a hard time with hs sweat shirt so he approached him.

“Let me.” He said as he helped Donghae fold his sleeves.

“I bet someone will approach and will get to know you and the two of you will eventually end up walking around and….”

Donghae laughed, he really is different from his work aura which he shows authority, it was as if he was born to lead.

“So what are you trying to say Hyukkie?”

Hyukjae slapped his shoulder. “Aish, you really like getting praise huh? You see Mr. Lee Donghae you look handsome so, if we go outside and go somewhere like in a bar for sure many would want to get to know you.”

Donghae laughed harder, but it more shows how andsome he is and Hyukjae jut stared at him secretly, why hadn’t he realize the effect his best friend has to other people that made them admire or has a crush on him, but he snapped his thoughts and continue to tease Donghae.

After strolling and going to bars they go back to the island when Donghae notice his best friend getting tired.

“You seem a little tired wanna go back to our room?” Donghae asked him.

Hyukjae looked at the full moon and shook his head. “I want to walk around the beach.”

Hyukjae and Donghae walk around and talk about many stuff, and they sat on the sand to rest from walking suddenly Hyukjae feel sleepy and rest his head on his best friend’s shoulder.

“Hyukkie, we can go back to rest now if you’re tired.”

“Hmm.”

Donghae just smiled at his bestfriend.

“Hyukkie.”

“Yes?”

“Do you remember when we’re  8 years old, we have this time capsule we bury it in the old backyard of our house? Do you remember it?” Donghae asked him.

Hyukjae smiled though he is sleepy he is listening well.

“Yeah, what does it have? Candy wrappers, drawings…”

“Our promise to each other.” Donghae cuts him off. “Do you think we can fulfill it?”

Donghae was referring to a paper where they had written Hae and Hyuk forever and ever.

Hyukkie looked at Donghae and smile.

“Of course, Hae there will always be Hyuk and Hae forever and ever.

The next day , Hyukjae woke up early to see the sunrise, he frowned seeing Donghae no longer beside him, as he stand up he almost blushed when his best friend went out of the bathroom only having a towel on his waist down.

“Morning Hyukkie.”

“M-morning…” Hyukkie stuttered.

He did hismorning rituals, as he is brushing his teeth he stopped and looked at Donghae’s toothbrush suddenly he began imagining things  like kissing.

Here we go again Hyukjae!

Hyukjae remember their promise till they go back to the cottage, all he remember last night Donghae issed him on the forehead and bid him goodnight and he fell asleep.

He went outside wearing a lose shirt and a short, while Donghae is now wearing a wife beater and a short as well.

“Hae! I want to jog.” He told him.

“I don’t need to burn fats by jogging, goodness till now my back aches carrying you last night.

Hyukjae laugh. “Well, you could have left me last night, perhaps some stranger might see me, kiss me then and there, and if that stranger is attractive enough, I might return those kisses, and then..”

Donghae’s eyes got wide and approached him and closed his mouth.

“Hyukkie don’t say bad words! Fine I’ll go with you.

Donghae hurriedly fix himself and wet out, Hyukjae smelled the crisp air, they keep on jogging suddenly Dinghae stopped in his track.

“Hae do you remember the last time I was really mad at you or I mean have I been really mad at you to the point our friendship ended?”

“Well you never had, but when you get upset I can’t help but worry, you have this way of making me guilty, getting on my nerves, I why do you think?” Donghae asked him.

Hyukjae smiled secretly. Ever since they were kids Donghae always cooed him when he got upset, even the elders teased them telling that they might end up together, wgen Hyukjae think of it back then he just laugh but now why does he feel somewhat peculiar, like they were butterflies in his stomach.

“B-because I’m your bestfriend.” That’s all he can answer.

“I guess so, and I can’t imagine my life without you Hyukkie.”

“Me too, I always wonder what my life would be if I didn’t have you as my best friend, why did we became best friend? I mean you’re close with Sungmin-hyung too but but why is it us?”

“I don’t know maybe because we’re meant to be.”

Meant to be… That rings in Hyukjae’s ear.

Donghae suddenly approached Hyukjae and hugged him from the back.

Hyukjae closed his eyes a warm feeling enveloped him. It wasn’t the first time Donghae hugged him, it’s already normal for this actions but this is the first time he is felling something different in their closeness. Donghae’s body heat was making him think of things that he shouldn’t. and why was his heart beating a little faster than normal?

“Je t’aime Hyukkie.” He whispered into his ears.

Hyukjae know Dinghae likethat French word but everytime he would say it it would be just be je t’aime , Donghae would iften say it even in text and when he calls him. Hyukjae does not need to ask what it means. Dinghae loved him as his best friend and so did he.

“J-je t’aime, H-hae.” He replied but he doesn’t know why he stuttered.

They both look as the sun rise, it was a magical moment, after that Donghae release the hugh and put his arms around Hyukjae’s shoulder.

-Finally the second chapter, please do leave comment if you love it so I can be more inspired to update it for the subscribers thank you so much love you all!