Chapter 10

Je t'aime Forever and Ever

Hyukjae felt someone is caressing his face, the familiar warmth told him it was Donghae. He opened his eyes, he noticed his best friend’s eyes were red. It looked like he had been crying.

“How do you feel?” he asked him, he tried to smile but seeing the emotion in his eyes, Hyukjae started to cry. “D-do you know that Im—“

Donghae nodded trying to contain his emotions. He tried to get up and Donghae is carefully helping him, he sat at the corner of the bed.

“I’m pregnant” he bitterly said. “Won’t you ask me who the father was?”

“Hyukkie..”

Hyukjae signaled him to sit beside the space in his bed.

“Can you lend me your shoulders, I want to cry” as he leaned on his shoulder his tears keep on falling. Donghae held his hand, Hyukjae found the courage to tell him what happned that fateful night. He knew Donghae too well he wonlt judge him.

“Go on Hyukkie, I’m listening.”

“T-two months ago, I went to this bar…” he told him everything except for the fact that Donghae was the reason and he felt jealous that’s why he ended up in that place.

Donghae hearing the story suddenly distanced himself from him.

“H-hae!” he said seeing Donghae started to cry as well.

“D-don’t cry for me Hae, you told me before everything happened for a reason, honestly I don’t now whyit happened to me but I already accepted it.” He said as he wiped his best friend’s tears.

“I’m sorry Hyukkie.”

He wants to ask him why Donghae is apologizing to him, suddenly he was surprised when his best friend hugged him.

“I am sorry, H-Hyukkie,… I… I-I w-wasn;t there to protect you, I am so sorry this is all my fault.”

“Hae…” that’s all he could mutter. He fet like Donghae would never leave him alone and there is nothing to fear.

Hyukjae closed his eyes he can feel the tension, his parents arrived, he can hear them talking in the kitchen Sungmin and Donghae are happily chatting along with his brother’s fiancé Kyuhyun. Till now he does not know how to tell them about his condition. He is afraid of the disappointment in their face. Donghae on the other hand promised him the he would never leave him and that would support him in every way.

He got surprised when someone put a hand on his shoulder.

“Relax it’s me, I just want to know if you are comfortable here, I mean that’s why I go with because I can feel that you are very tense.” Donghae said.

He faced him and smile when he saw his best friend smiling at him. “I’m just a bit nervous.”

Donghae stared at him with fondness. “Don’t be I’m here.” He assured him that everything will be alright.

“Do you this is the right time to tell them about my condition, I mean I don’t want them to feel guilty knowing something happened to me while they are not here.”

“Well, Hyukkie, I think it would be better if you told them  sooner.”

“I am just scared of what they would ask me, Hae what if I can’t answer them.”

“Trust me on this Hyukkie, I’ll take care of everything. Now why don’t you drink ths first? You forgot, these should be taken before your meal.” Donghae said while he is still smiling at him. He even gave him a water, oh how lucky Hyukjae is to have him that’s what he think of Donghae being at his side.

Donghae look at  him. They are at the dinner table they sat beside each other, his brother and fiancé is on the other side, his father in the middle and his mother on the left side.

He noticed his best friend not touching his food, he notice Hyukjae getting pale, he is being nervous again. He reached out for his hand and he squeezed it lightly doing it he wants to tell him that he is just with him. He could feel Hyukjae’s hand shaking.

Damn you Donghae! Why can’t you just tell Hyukkie that you are really the father of the baby? You are the reason why he is suffering right now!  His conscience told him.

“E-excuse me.” Hyukjae frantically said and went to the kitchen. His parents look at each other, even Sungmin and Kyuhyun stared at him wanting to ask him what happened.

Donghae stand up as well. “I’ll just be with Hyukkie, excuse me.”

He spotted him throwing up in the sink, he shook his worries as he approached him he patted his back, as he saw HYukjae crying he felt like being stabbed in his heart.

Hyukjae turned around and saw him. “H-hae…” He said as the latter hands him a handkerchief to wipe his mouth.

“We’ll get through this Hyukkie.” He said as he pulled him closer and embraced him. He is also suffering to what Hyukjae is going through and every time he see him in pain it goes back to him twice.

“What’s happening here?” they both got shocked with a thunderous voice that appeared from behind. Hyukjae let go of the hug, his mother Leeteuk pulled him and checked his pulse, he could detect if his son is pregnant, and they also see him throwing up.

“Hyuk…”

He looked at Donghae and his best friend took his hands and faced his parents.

“I am the child’s father.” He said. “I will ma—“

He was not able to finish his sentence when Sungmin approached and punched him, as he fell on the floor Hyukjae shouted in horror, Kyuhyun tried to calm his fiancé.”

“Hyuns stop it!” he seems to panic what more his brother could do to Donghae.

“Sshh Hyukkie, don’t trouble yourself, not in your condition.” He calmed him down and face Hyukjae’s family.

“As I said, I’ll take the responsibility.”

“Convince me more!” Sungmin said glaring at Donghae still held by Kyuhyun.

“I love him!” he replied right away. “Is that enough? I love him, our baby was made out of love. Let me marry him, give us you blessing.”

After that silence filled the room.

“Let’s talk young man.” It was Kangin Hyukjae’s father. Donghae followed him, Hyukjae want to go with them but his father stopped him. He faced it, he can see Hyukjae is still confused about his actions. Donghae knew it won’t be easy. After this he still have more challenge to face. He knew Hyukjae if he told him his plan he would object it. He just can’t react right now because of the scene that happened.

“We’ll talk later, Hyukkie hmm? Don’t be tensed and it would affect your condition. We’ll talk later…”

“Hyuk go to your room. We’ll deal with you later.” Leeteuk told him.

He kept running back and forth in his room. He did not expect Donghae’s declaration. Marriage? To his best friend Lee Donghae? And that’s not it he even declared in front of his family that he love him. His decalaration was too much to comprehend. What he just need is moral support not marriage, he knew Donghae is just rushing into things.

He hold his tummy. He is carrying a baby of an unknown man. What would he feel? He felt confuse he wants to get mad with the child he is carrying. It was his child he accept it. Abortion was not an option. He loved his unborn baby very much and he does not blame it for the fate he had right now, but not at the cost of taking Donghae’s freedom away from him. Yes he do love him but he can never ask someone to be with him that does not love him in return, he felt like his life is already ruined and he cannot have Donghae's as well.

 

-Surprise triple update, because I will be out of town later, I decided to do the last one before i go out and seeing the comment make me energized. Hae just tell the truth both of them are suffering. Please leave comment and please sibcrbe so I would be more inspired to update as fast as I could and thank you loving the story, Yeah I put Leeteuk and Kangin as Hyukjae's parents LOL! I do dream to create my own fanart for them as my image pictue but actually i don't know how even making a trailer for this to post in youtube so I can promote it but still I am happy that you still love it I wanna cry especiall I am really a novice in writing and just strted months ago