Chapter 15

Je t'aime Forever and Ever

Hyukjae feels empty when he see Donghae not beside him. The silence of the room is deafening him. Why didn’t he wait for him to wake up. Is it because of what happened last night? He weakly get out of bed, go to the bathroom, and took a bath trying to wash out all his negative thoughts. Last night he bared him all, including his emotions. He followed his heart not his mind, it was one memorable night and for her, it was lovemaking. He was hoping that Donghae feels the same way not just a physical need. But how can they interact after what happened to them. If only he did not left right away perhaps they could have talked about it, but he went right away perhaps Donghae feels awkward with what happened.

He finished his bath and wore comfortable clothes before going to the kitchen. Again sadness filled his heart when he did not see any food prepared by his husband.

See, Hyukjae you become used to it and now you are affected with just a little change, you even give what happened a different meaning… He shook his head with his thoughts. He is pregnant perhaps he is just having hormonal imbalance of being emotional.

He busied himself looking at the photo albums with Donghae. Those were the pictures they had back when they were just best friends. With that bhis worries fad away.

It was already lunchtime, he cooked shrimps because it was Donghae’s favorite, he set the table: after he finished preparing he went back to the living room and watch TV while waiting for him. He knew Donghae never missed lunch with himeven he is too busy with work he would still go home that’s why he knew he would never disappoint him.

His heart jumped out when the phone rings. Somehow he knew it was Donghae he didn’t know but he needs to calm before answering it. He was so nervous.

Hyukkie.” Donghae said on the other line. He was right it was him who was calling.

“Yes, Hae…”

I’m sorry but I can’t go home today and I can’t have lunch with you.”

Dongahe is still saying something but he seems to be in a hurry. “I-its’s okay.” Hyukjae replied. He tried to be tough hiding his disappointment.

I’ll have food delivered there. What do you want to eat?”

He closed his eyes. I cooked your favorite meal, Hae.

“I-it’s okay, any food will do.” He answered. He no longer need to tell Donghae that he cooked for me. He heard a sigh on the other line.

Hyukkie I—“ He waited for what Donghae would tell him but he just kept quiet, and suddenly he said. “Bye, Hyukkie.”

“B-bye”

Hyukjae, he just won’t join you in lunch, don’t act as if heaven and earth fell down on you. Cheer up and smile the child might be sad. He told himself.

He went to the kitchen. He does not have any appetite to eat but he can’t think of himself because there is a life inside him that needs to be healthy.

In the after noon Donghae called again because he will stay till evening, telling him not to wait and just asked him to sleep early. He went to the room and lie on the bed.

What happened to us Hae?

He asked himself while staring at the ceiling. He felt like Donghae is distancing himself. He thought after what happened everything will be okay, but why does it feel like it would be their problem. Does Donghae regret it?

“Oh God!” he said when he remembered the person Donghae is talking about. How can he love him when Donghae love someone else? He was hurt with this fact but he also pity Donghae. He sacrificed himself to save him from shame. He shouldn’t ask or demand anything to his husband because he had bothered him too much.

He suddenly heard the door of their house opening. He closed his eyes pretending to be asleep. He can feel that someone is carefully going into their room and he felt someone’s eyes looking at him. He heard him sighed, afterwards that person went to the bath room, he could hear the water flowing. Hyukjae remained still until hewalked out from shower. He can feel he carefully went to the bed. He conclude, Donghae sits beside him."Goodnight Hyukkie” he said. Good thing he was able to stop his tears from flowing. He suddenly felt Donghae standing up and leaving the room with that he silently cried.

“I don’t know how to start Hyukkie.” He laughed nervously. “So maybe, this could start it all…” Donghae telling himself looking at the other half of the shell with a carving To the one I love the most in his hand. He shook his head, he felt like it is not the good start to tell the truth to his wife.

This morning he was already decided to tell Hyukjae the truth. He wants to tell him how he treasured him in his heart. He owed it to him. He knew Hyukjae give himself and he knew he should be truthful to him, he wants to tell him everything and how Hyukjae ended up into agreeing of marrying him. If only he shouldn’t need to leave his side that morning.

He smiled remembering how Hyukjae is sleeping heavily. he knew he must be tired because it was already past nine and he is still not awake. Still he watched him him sleep and waited for him to wake up.

But his plans were all set a side when he get a call from one of his employees. An accident occurred in the construction site that he is in charge of and he needs to go when he learn there was a scaffolding that collapse. Three workers are in critical condition because they did not follow the safety procedures. He knew it was his responsibility to help them. He did not leave the office until they are all okay, especially seeing that they have kids. He can’t even tell Hyukjae about the accident because it might be bad for their baby.

-Got home from work, good thing I only have 74 calls today whew! Bad timing he could have already told the truth but well, poor Hyukkie just confess to each other damnit! (I forgot I am the one writing the story) sorry about that and Thank you for the comments again I almost shout when I saw all of them it's the first time I see so many subscribers. Well Having almost 60+ is like a surprise to me I mean Like I think I am dreamin I did not know what I did for you to love this story. I promise I'll work hard. Ganbarre!