Chapter 8

Je t'aime Forever and Ever

It was evening when Hyukjae woke up, one thing that come to his mind is his argument with Donghae and he had a heavy heart. He turn on the lights in his room because he feel like he can no longer stand the darkness. It felt as if a ghost was haunting him.

He looked up to the ceiling, what would he do next in his life? All he decided to do is go on in his life, he can no longer bring back and undo what happen. It was all under the bridge now.

He went down the bed to wear something, noticing he had been wearing the same clothes for almost a day. He took a shower and find something comfortable to wear he felt hungry and went out. Instant noodles will do after that he wants to locked himself in his bedroom again. He was still off-track but he decided he had to go through his life and learn from the mistakes. It’s not that easy but it’s the right thing to do..

He was surprised when he saw Donghae sleeping on his sofa. He thought he already left, he sat in the table looking at his best friend’s sleeping face. He knew Donghae is not sleeping peacefully, maybe his words really hurt him and he was guilty of that. he startled when he opened his eyes. He feel like he committed a crime catching him looking at him.

“Do you feel okay now?” Donghae asked gently. They were mixes emotions in his eyes.

He bit his lip, emotions rushing through chest. No, I’m not okay Hae. If you only knew… he wants to reply to him, but he was able to hide it. He just nodded in response.

“I-I’m sorry Hae I did not mean to hurt—“

“Sshh, it’s okay. No harm done,” Donghae said after he pull Hyukjae and carefully hugged him. He felt like he had some powers to calm him and lessen his burden he had in chest.

“You will be okay Hyukkie, I promise everything will be okay. I’m so sorry.” He said.

He does not understand why Donghae is apologizing but he just nodded.

“Come on, let me cook for you you need to it.”Donghae stand up and went to his kitchen. He liked to goof off his kitchen whenever he was there.

“Hae…”

“Huh?”

“You seem quiet.” Hyukjae said with a half smile on his lips.

“Oh nothing, just sit there, this will be done in a while.” Donghae smiled at him.

It has been two months since that fateful night. With Donghae’s help his strength go back, his best friend had been extra attentive. He always visit him in his dance office not to just to talk with him but help him after work. They are always together all the time. He make sure that Hyukjae always eats on time. He became extra sweet, even during weekends they go to places that he likes. Hyukjae can laugh his heart out now like he used to and whatever happened she moved on, only one thing that Hyukjae is disturbed is he developed phobia of dark places.

They were looking around a house since Donghae said he is planning to build his dream house. “ I was thinking if I settle down if I’ll just buy a condo unit, or have a home build, you know with wide garden, family swing, greenhouse—“

“Yah! Hae, don’t steal my dream house.” Hyukjae said and they laugh together.

He knew something is bothering Donghae but he no longer decide to ask him maybe he also need time for himself like what he had done to himself.

“By the way Umma and Appa will arrive in Korea tomorrow.” He informed his best friend. They will come back from London and they decide to rest for a month then after that they will go to Greece trip. His parents is the reason he believed true love existed.

“Oh tomorrow? You want me to come with you to pick them up.”

“Sungmin-hyung will do it, our job I mean your job is to grilled some pork for umma. You know he love you barbecue.”

“No problem.” He replied smiling.

“Hae..”

“Hmm?”

“T-that special person you know the one you mentioned to me, are you still together? You did not tell me anything about it anymore, did you pursue him or her?”

“Not yet, I haven’t found the courage to tell how I feel.”

He laughed to cover the sadness he felt. H promised to himself to forgot his secret love for his best friend but he failed. The truth was, he loved him more each day. This is the reason he had recovered that easily, Donghae does not know he is his strength to live after the dark events that happened to him.

“W-who is it Donghae? Why not tell me? I might help you w-what are friends for?” Donghae get closer to Hyukjae. “Hyukkie, aren’t you even jealous about it?” Not only his voice is asking it but his eyes as well. Hyukjae tried to avoid his stares, how could he asked him that? it was like torture.

“You bet I am Hae, who won’t be jealous, I was so used to just getting your attention. But I am just your best friend and that person is the one  who owned your heart.”

He remembered those are the words Donghae said to him suddenly he felt tears falling down his cheeks but he control it by smiling.

“Don’t mind me Hae, you know I can just be emotional.” He explained, he realize how lucky the person that his best friend love.

“Oh Hyukkie how to say this?” Donghae can see the suffering in yukjae’s eyes, he took a step closer, he put his hands on his face wiping his tears.

“Don’t get jealous Hyukkie, don’t cry.” After seeing hi smile again he looked at his watch.

“Let’s get going, I have decided perhaps I’ll just have my own house built, besides I am an engineer. I should build my kingdom.” He said as they went out of the vacant condo unit Dinghae is looking for. He pushed the up button to return to his best friend’s place.

“Hyukkie….”

“Why?”

Donghae tried to read his eyes but he just smiled and shook his head. “Nothing. I want to ask you something but I forgot.”

As the elevator arrives there were no other people. As the door closes it suddenly shut down and it was covered in darkness. Fear suddenly rose inside him.

“Oh god!” he said as he held onto Donghae’s arm. Due to fear he started to cry. “H-Hae…”

“Sshh, I am here, don’t be afraid I am here I’ll protect you.”

His words soothed his uneasiness. He calm down but he did not let go of his hol, he was still hugging Donghae tightly.

“The lights will go back, don’t be afraid. Trust me I am just here.”

He believed him. He loosen his grip onto him but his arm’s still circled around his neck. The fear in the dark was replaced with a strange heat because of their intimate position. He can also feel Donghae’s heartbeat.

“Hyukkie…”

“W-hy?”

“Can I kiss you?” Hyukjae was stunned with this question.

-I just woke up and I think I am energized since it's my off at work that made me update a little faster. Please leave comment and please subscribe and I promise I'll update more for those who love this story.