XX.

Bind Blind
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter XX.

Make You Feel My Love

 

 

With hands clasped tightly and cold beads of sweat forming in his body, Kyungsoo felt uncertain with every single step he took.

 

It was the middle of the summer yuletide yet the rain which poured on the open grounds of the earth puzzled Kyungsoo though he very much welcomed its company. He continued to walk, hearing the clatter and splash of the rain drops against the windows in the hallway which led him to the nursery room where Jongin was said to be found.

 

Upon reaching his destination, Kyungsoo decides to peep first before fully opening the door to the occupied room, definitely startling Jongin who was in the middle of a conversation with a bald little kid.

 

“A new visitor!” The kid exclaims quite cheerfully and Jongin grows astounded for a minute as he catches sight of Kyungsoo who in turn grows quite speechless too.

 

The kid however, continues on speaking, being too naïve to notice the uncomfortable atmosphere slowly growing between both men. “Come in oppa!” She says fondly to the wide eyed man standing against the door and other children turn to look at him.

 

One of the little boys speaks. “Yeah, come in hyung, Jongin hyung was just about to tell everyone a story.”

 

Dismissing himself from the sudden euphoria of seeing Jongin, Kyungsoo finally speaks and perks his eyebrows a little. “Oh really?” He responds softly, entering the nursery room. “By the way I’m Kyungsoo, and all of you can call me your oppa or hyung, feel free to be close with me for I am here to see you guys today.”

 

Even though whole of his statement was a lie, Kyungsoo decided it was better saying it than nothing. He then glanced at Jongin, who’s mouth was still agape at his presence and apparently wasn’t still done double checking if he was seeing Kyungsoo for real.

 

“You can stop staring now.” He mumbles quite low for Jongin to only hear and the latter finally clears his throat before sending a charming smile to the young patients inside the nursery ward.

 

“Shall we start?” Jongin questions the giddy children while willing himself not to stare at the newly welcomed presence inside the room. He flips the story book in his hand as soon as he hears the go signal of the kids and he starts reading it.

 

From his side, Kyungsoo sits near the bed of one of the children while watching him part his lips to speak. Adjusting his chair, the older male tries to focus on Jongin more before noticing some changes within the man that could hardly be concealed.

 

Seeing his skin turn into a yellower shade than the last time he saw him, Kyungsoo tries to avoid shaking his head. He continues to stare at Jongin, noticing more things like how the man’s cheeks became more hollow, his body getting visibly thinner and his eyes losing more than just a tiny bit of life than it used to have.

 

Not missing it also, Kyungsoo sees the IV pack connected to Jongin’s hands just like the other patients in the room and the most striking of it all was that out of all the patients, Jongin was the only one who was wearing framed glasses that looked as if it was specialized just for him.

 

Suddenly aware of the older male’s analyzing stare, Jongin then fakes a cough which brings Kyuungsoo out of his trance. The redhead bites back an amused chuckle and finally eases himself into his chair, choosing to just wait for Jongin to finish reading stories to the kids.

 

He watches him interact with the children, explaining to them the words that they weren’t able to understand then Jongin finally flips the last page of the book, letting out the words “Happily ever after” to finish the story.

 

Typical. Kyungsoo thinks of how almost every fairy tale ends up with a happily ever after just because people are too messed up to let young minds know the harsh truth about life. He waits for Jongin to stand as the younger male bids his goodbyes to his little listeners and plants a soft kiss on the forehead of the bald girl he first saw when he entered.

 

“Bye oppa! Get well soon!” She chirps together with the other little kids who says of their goodbyes' by waving their hands.

 

Not allowing the latter to just leave him, Kyungsoo catches on immediately and assists Jongin to go outside in order not to give the man any reason to run away from him. As soon as he finds a suitable place to talk, he then holds the younger male in place and starts a conversation.

 

“Jongin.” Firm and demanding, that is the tone that resounds once Kyungsoo opens his mouth to speak. He blocks the man’s path and stares at him, feeling the need to hug and snap at him at the same time.

 

“Why are you here?” Jongin questions, sounding almost pissed off at the other male’s presence. Kyungsoo senses something within him slowly b

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter