XII.

Bind Blind
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter XII.

Cry

 

“It’s scheduled today Jongin, do you want to go? It’s risky but it can help you a lot.” The tall and pale skinned man says, dark orbs staring at Jongin as he waits for his reply.

 

Meanwhile, Jongin bites his lips, accidentally drawing out some blood as he exerted too much force. He fiddles with the note in his hand, folding and unfolding it while he tries to make up his mind.

 

“Do you think, he’d be there?”

 

“I don’t really know but considering he gave you that, he might jus appear.”

 

“You know that’s not the answer I want to hear Sehun.”

 

“Then I’m sorry but I really am not good at comforting people with lies.”

 

At his best friend’s response, Jongin just ends up groaning. He leans his back against the couch, puffing air out of his cheeks as a sign of frustration and just when he was about to speak again, Luhan enters the living room carrying three cups of coffee in a tray.

 

“Do you already have a decision Jongin?” He questions upon reaching the place where both his fiancé and Jongin was seated. He then passes a cup to each of them and takes one for himself before comfortably taking the place beside Sehun.

 

Jongin snorts. “Who in their right mind would be able to make a good decision when Sehun is the one helping them?”

 

“Tch,” Sehun snickers, “You just can’t make up your mind because you’re too busy being a girl.”

 

“Well at least I’m not as much of a princess as you are.”

 

“What the, who are you calling a princess? You ignoramus peasant-”

 

“Wait,” Luhan intervenes before Sehun and Jongin could enter into a bigger fight, “I think both of you are missing the point here. The both of you are old enough to know what’s right and wrong so stop acting like brats.”

 

“Yes.” The two males says in unison, bowing their heads in shame.

 

“Now Jongin, are you going or not? The note reads that you should be there by one in the afternoon.” Luhan points out to the younger man, looking at him intently.

 

“I want to go.”

 

“Are you sure? There’s no backing out when you reach there.”

 

“There’s no backing out, I understand that and I’ll be going, I’ll take this chance to finalize my life’s new chapter.”

 

“Too dramatic.” Sehun jokes. “Just make sure you don’t go bye, bye on us during the operation ok?”

 

Jongin grins. “Yes, I promise princess Sehun.”

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Hand inside his jean’s pockets, Kyungsoo walks in deep thought on the hospital’s corridor.

 

The stillness within the place inevitably affects the redhead’s state of mind and it’s quite creepy to hear only the sound of your own footsteps but Kyungsoo continues to walk anyway, the single sign of hesitation showing when he finally reaches his destination.

 

“Took you long enough.” Dressed in a white lab coat, the lad with a solemn aura greets Kyungsoo sarcastically. Wearing a pair of small and dark-rimmed eyeglasses, his voice is a mixture of deep and high pitches which sounds melancholic to the ears.

 

Kyungsoo’s chuckle is dry and low. “Actually, I was having some kind of second thoughts in coming. It was fine when I arrive at the front door of the hospital but when I reach the doorstep of your office, I was sort of reluctant to enter.”

 

“So like the Do Kyungsoo I know during our high school days. Your thoughts are always swimming in a sea of what ifs. That’s why I really wonder how you were able to click with Joonmyeon. That guy’s a stubborn kid, never thinking twice.”

 

“Well, I supposed that’s the same reason why I’m here right now. Really though, I still can’t believe that he’s going to donate his eyes to Jongin. He doesn’t even know him and despite the fact that I’ve only met him in not less than a day he’s still so eager to do this, really, his an angel to do all these things when I’ve only told him about Jongin in my story.”

 

“The guy must have notice something,” The man remarks. “He’s not called a psychologist for no reason. Besides, Joonmyeon had always been ready to help that was why it was no shock when he called me the day before he passed away. It’s just added luck that I already knew you before you two even met.”

 

“Luck really. I agree.”

 

For a moment, the two males heave a soft sigh before the man in a lab coat finally offers a seat to Kyungsoo. He then sits next, occupying the chair behind the medium sized glass table.

 

“Jongdae,” Kyungsoo softly says, “Do you think, he’d accept Joonmyeon’s offer?”

 

“He will. You know, no one declines Joonmyeon’s offer.” Jongdae assures the redhead, smiling as he did so. He then dials a number on his phone before he looks at Kyungsoo with a confident expression.

 

He speaks. “Minseok, did they arrive yet?” He questions the person on the other line and though Kyungsoo couldn’t hear what the other person has to say, he focuses his hearing on Jongdae’s next words.

 

“Ok. Thank you. Just bring them here.”

 

And as Jongdae ends the call, he flashes his set of pearly white teeth to Kyungsoo.

 

“Told you, no one declines Joonmeyon’s offer.”

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

A loud knock on the door of Jongdae’s office is what puts out Kyungsoo from his trance. Immediately, he sits straight and stays like a rigid piece of material in front of the doctor’s table which causes the other to shake his head in amusement.

 

Jongdae stands to open his door.

 

“Good afternoon gentlemen. Please come inside, I’m Kim Jongdae an ophthalmologist and a surgeon.  I believe a close friend of mine had set a meeting for you. Would you like a cup of coffee?”

 

“No. No, it’s fine. We just came, uhmm, to confirm something.” Jongin stutters, waving his hand to feel Jongdae’s presence.

 

Jongdae offers a welcoming expression. “Then please come in and let’s talk.”

 

The group then enters upon the man’s invitation and both Luhan and Sehun is surprised when they recognize the redhead’s familiar form. Not expecting to see the man, the two males both stop in their tracks, Jongin the only one continuing with the help of Jongdae’s assistant.

 

“Doc, will he be alright here?” Minseok, Jongdae’s assistant, asks him.

 

Jongdae nods. “Of course, of course, just let him sit there.” He answers before tapping the back of the lad whose eyes are similar to those of a cat. “Please go and tell the nurses to prepare

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter