X.

Bind Blind
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter X.

 

A Drop In The Ocean

 

“You’re still here? I thought by the time I’d wake up you’d be long gone.”

 

“I’m not that stupid. I don’t know where I am so I won’t just disappear without a trace even though that’s what I’d like to do.”

 

“Aww, say it. You’re staying because of me aren’t you?”

 

“Want me to choke you to death? Do me a favor will you and just  tell me the way back to Seoul, I believe I’d die if I stayed another second with you.”

 

“Didn’t you want to die in the first place?”

 

“Damn you.”

 

Soft laughter echoes against the four sturdy walls of the room where Kyungsoo had just woken up from earlier. The man, quite a charmer, props one of his elbows against the whitewashed bed while touching the left part of his cheek.

 

The former’s actions somehow puzzles the redhead for a short time until the man decides to lean close again, too close for the latter’s liking and that’s when Kyungsoo’s face is washed with surprise, his eyes turning wider than its usual size, which to say would be massive.

 

“You left a mark on my beautiful face. Five hundred thousand won.”

 

“Yes I did left a mark on your face, knock you out too.” Kyungsoo tries to respond coolly, face tightened into a blank expression. “But how does five hundred thousand won connect to that?”

 

“I need that for surgical repair. You know, I can’t really afford to have bruises on my face nowadays. I’m too handsome for those things.”

 

Kyungsoo huffs in response. “Aren’t we a bit over reacting here? Surgical repair, is there a loose screw in your head because you sure do look and sound like you came from a mental institution.”

 

“Doesn’t that make me a companion of yours then? Don’t you think trying to kill yourself is equally as crazy as what I’m doing right now which is asking for five hundred thousand won for surgical repair? Oh no, wait, I think suicide is a tad bit more irrational.”

 

Annoyed, the redhead’s eyes dangerously turn into slits and he quite thinks at the moment how nice would it be to torture the weird lad smirking back at him. He mentally kicks the guy and as he looks at him he tries to formulate of ways to possibly retort before composing himself again. But as he parts his lips to speak, he is met with another surprise which happens to be in the form of a lighter and a box of cigarette.

 

“Take a smoke.” The older of the two offers. “It actually helps, and in case you forgot, I’m Kim Junmyeon, angel at your service.”

 

“Junmyeon?”  Kyungsoo scoffs. “More like than an angel.”

 

“I’ll take that like a grain of salt.” Junmyeon says, ignoring the pissed expression on the other man’s face. He finally stands up, taking in the soft breeze of the wind, blue linen curtains swaying as the humid air carves invisible shapes upon entering his plain white room.

 

Eventually he flicks the lighter open and starts smoking. “Why did you do that?”

 

“Do what?” The redhead huffs, pretending not to know.

 

“Suicide.”

 

“Why do you care and how did you find me anyway?”

 

"I was visiting someone in the cemetery when I passed by and saw you lying down as pale as a corpse."

 

"You should have left me then."

 

“No really I didn't want to, so why’d you do it?”

 

Kyungsoo snaps. “It’s none of your business! Can’t you just focus on your own life and tell me the way back to Seoul instead of asking all these questions which doesn’t even have anything to do with you.”

 

“Don’t waste your life.” Junmyeon tells Kyungsoo all of a sudden therefore catching him off guard. The man, dressed in black jeans and white long sleeves turns to look at the redhead and somehow the smile that he had been sporting since the moment Kyungsoo saw him slowly fades.

 

So Kyungsoo reluctantly stays still, eyes watching the way the smoke from the man’s cigarette is turned into sparks of dust by the sun’s ray. He feels quite stuffed and fidgety at the sight of Junmyeon’s indifference but he tries his best to shrug it off only to have it come back at the former’s words.

 

“Leaving when it’s not yet your time is the worst thing a person could do, do you know that? I’ve said my introduction earlier but I skipped the part where I was supposed to add doctor to my name.” Junmyeon begins, taking in a long drag of smoke to fill his lungs. “I’m 27, quite known in the business but I’m not a surgeon or the type of doctor you could find inside those huge hospitals. I have my own clinic and to be exact, I’m a psychologist.”

 

“What’s the purpose of telling me this?”

 

“Just listen first, it won’t take long I promise.” The older male assures and Kyungsoo who has no  choice but to give in, purses his lips into a thin line before listening.

 

Junmyeon continues. “I’ve met different types of people within the span of six years in my chosen profession and so I’m well briefed on cases such as yours. You don’t need to say it but considering the state I found you in, I quite have an idea on your reason of suicide.”

 

The man’s words brings out unexpected laughter from the redhead.

 

“You’re crazy. Not a single soul in this earth would have an idea of what I’m going through or what my reason is in doing that so off, I’m not interested with your psycho crap.”

 

Although a little bit taken a back, Junmyeon perfectly maintains a calm stature. He sighs heavily, blowing the tiny particles of  the cigarette into the air.

 

“Dwelling in your past will do you no good.” Junmyeon advices, he whistles for a short while, sharp melodies falling flat against Kyungsoo’s ears. “You did it either because you were sorry or because of the fact that you wanted to change something but it’s hardly possible.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter