XVI.

Bind Blind
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter XVI.

Come Home  

“Hyung.”  Jongin slips a piece of paper inside the older male’s hands as he looks up. “I have something to say to you.”

 

“What is it?”

 

Jongin smiles, almost grinning.

 

“I just got a job as a dance instructor.”

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Days prior to summer, the weather was sure making its changes noticeable. The flowers still continued to bloom, beautiful as ever in their reigning majesty but the humid air is nothing near the air of spring,

 

Having said so, Kyungsoo who is sitting just in front of his currently trying to be ‘barista’ boyfriend is jaw slacked once he heard a proposal coming from him. He stares at Jongin quizzically, thinking that the hotness of the surrounding must be clouding the sanity of the man or rather the man himself was not able to take his own hotness that it had reach the depths of his brain.

 

The former seems to be the answer.

 

“Hyung,” The younger male persuades, “May we try to adopt a kid? I always wanted one to be honest and we’re not getting any younger also.”

 

Kyungsoo rubs his temples. “What makes you suddenly think of that idea Jongin? Are you turning nuts?”

 

“Of course not hyung!” Jongin disagrees before spilling the contents of the metal container he has been shaking for about two minutes into a glass with ice in it. “Drink this first, it might help you think clearly of what I’m proposing here.”

 

“I think you’re the one who needs this more than me. To cool your head off and avoid you of thinking of such crazy thoughts.”

 

Jongin plays his cards well. “Drink the ice mocha hyung, I made it for you and besides my thoughts are not crazy. I’m just simply suggesting something which might happen near future.”

 

Kyungsoo finally grabs the drink. “I don’t quite get your point Jongin. Why do we have to adopt a kid? Am I not enough for you?”

 

“No, of course not hyung it’s not that! I was just, well, I was just thinking that since I was able to get a job as a choreographer on one of my friend’s dance studio although it was only just two weeks ago, I thought it’d be nice to spend my money not only for us both but for someone who’d somehow complete the notion of a family.”

 

 “So you thought of having a child?”

 

“Adopting a child.” Jongin points out quite in fact which earns him a roll of eyes from the latter.

 

“But wouldn’t that make things complicated?”

 

“Not really hyung. Since it’s still just a plan, we could adjust some things. Only, and only if you agree first.”

 

“What makes you even think that I would agree to this?”

 

Jongin just smiles much to Kyungsoo’s dismay. With his lips tilting upward, he shows that childish smile of his in a bashful way which sends the older male’s heart into a jittery mess.

 

The world was caving in under Kyungsoo’s feet. Norms were broken, irrationality though often rare within him is pounding deep onto the twists and knots inside his head. It is formidable to say so, but it was clear like day and night for both men concerned that there was no turning back once they choose to pursue Jongin’s idea.

 

With this in mind, Kyungsoo takes a last sip on his ice mocha and speaks.

 

“Give me until the day of Luhan and Sehun’s wedding to decide Jongin. You’ll know by then if your plan will be put into action.”

 

Kyungsoo then stands up from his place in the kitchen, leaving Jongin with a tiny bit of smile on the edge of his lips.

 

He knows Kyungsoo’s decision would never disappoint him.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

“Do I look good hyung?” Jongin warily glances towards Kyungsoo, trying to smooth out the edges of his gelled hair. Kyungsoo stares back at him, primly fixing his necktie before walking towards the former with an amused smile on his face.

 

He then places both of his little palms against Jongin’s cheeks and the younger male feels his heart skip a beat.

 

 Oh seriously, the things that Do Kyungsoo could do to him.

 

“You always look your best, Jonginnie.” The shorter man says, earning Jongin’s interest with the new nickname given to him. He watches the man fix the hems of his sleeves before he’s urged to wear his suit as Kyungsoo assists him to.

 

“Thank you hyung.” Jongin smiles as he takes a last look at himself in the mirror. In the other hand, Kyungsoo decides to go to their living room to take the gift they had both prepared and just when he’s about to return to the room, Jongin meets him half way with a small box in his possession.

 

Kyungsoo gives him a puzzled stare. “What’s that?”

 

“Open it hyung.” Jongin pushes the small container into Kyungsoo’s hands without much hesitation. He fidgets in his place, looking quite nervous but all composed at the same time.

 

“What..” Kyungsoo turns speechless for a moment before he breaks out into a grin. “This is beautiful.”

 

“So you like it? I thought of buying you one since I just got my first paycheck this month. It was the only one of this kind together with the one I’m currently wearing right now so I grabbed the opportunity of buying it for you.”

 

“Woah Jongin, you didn’t have to but I really appreciate it. What do you call it anyway? It’s the first time I’ve seen something like this.”

 

“Dream catcher hyung.. You call it a dream catcher, a couple dream catcher to be exact since I have its pair.”

 

Kyungsoo purses his lips. “A dream catcher? This really is something Jongin especially since it’s my first time hearing something about couple necklaces like this.” The older male states, allowing the necklace to dangle in front of his line of vision. “What I know, these things aren’t even sold in pairs.”

 

“There’s always room for changes hyung.”

 

With his last statement, Jongin helps Kyungsoo wear the necklace before pulling him by his wrist and challenging him into a race to who reaches the parking lot first.

 

Kyungsoo doesn’t hesitate much, and only runs after the younger male, the priceless sound of laughter and love echoing through the dissipating air.

 

            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

If there’s one thing that Oh Sehun could definitely be sure about his best friend Kim Jongin is that the guy although considerably kind at times is a huge jerk more than so often towards no one with the exemption of him.

 

And so it doesn’t really come as a surprise that the first thing Jongin does when he sees him is to actually give him an upper cut in the stomach followed by ugly, gross and traumatizing kissy faces. Unfortunately, the torture somehow doesn’t end there and even though it’s considered to be his special day with Luhan, somehow he feels he’s not really safe with that taunting smile on the face of Jongin’s lover.

 

“Congrats Sehunnie.” Kyungsoo pats his back firmly. “Korea’s really becoming open minded nowadays huh, can’t believe it’s finally allowing same marriage.”

 

“It’s only a civil wedding Kyungsoo.” Sehun briefly explains.

 

“Still no honorifics eh? Don’t worry I’ll let it pass since you’re kind enough to invite us here today.” The man whose hair is now a mixture of a faded red and prominent black color shrugs his shoulders. “But if you don’t mind, would you enlighten me a little by telling me your preparations for your honey moon with Luhan?”

 

Sehun speaks with his stoic expression. “That’s a topic submerging into my privacy so I’d rather not talk about it.”

 

“He’s just shy about it hyung.” Jongin suddenly speaks, interrupting the conversation of both males. “Right Sehunnie? I believe you don’t want anyone knowing that you often bottom-”

 

“You shut up right there Kim Jongin or I will ing slit your throat in front of your most precious Kyungsoo hyung.” Sehun threatens, ears burning in embarrassment.

 

Jongin plainly chuckles.

 

“Very well then, just wanted to say congrats my dear Sehunnie.”

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Half an hour later, the officiator finally arrives and the guests, mostly consists of Luhan and Sehun’s closest friends finally settles into the small gathering area prepared for the formal union of the two males.

 

Sehun, albeit nervous tries to keep a straight face while Luhan is practically all giddy and jumpy. They take deep breaths and as the ceremony starts, the two of them takes a hold of each others’ hands as they stand firmly on their place. A satisfied smile is plastered on their faces and once the officiator had breathe out his welcoming words, they knew there was no turning back.

 

Clasping ea

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter