XV.

Bind Blind
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter XV.

Skinny Love

 

“Hey,” Jongin casually says, lighting a small green candle in front of the plain structure. “You’re Junmyeon right? I know it’s kind of late but it’s nice meeting you.”

“I got my sight back a few days ago and I reckon it’s thanks to you. I’m a complete stranger to you and you’re the same to me but I’m grateful because you didn’t think twice and still donated your cornea to me. You’re a great man I suppose and I would have been glad to meet you when you were still alive.”

Standing beside him, Kyungsoo watches Jongin speak with a sad smile on his lips. He kneels next, placing a bouquet of sunflowers beside the candle.

Kyungsoo mumbles. “Told you Joonmyeon, Jongin’s a nice kid.”

Hearing this, Jongin turns to look at Kyungsoo and their eyes meet for a spare second. Jongin’s gaze lingers for a few more minutes before he pulls the redhead by his hand and ushers him to stand. He stays silent for some time until his lips tugs into a half-grin, half-smirk type of disposition.

“I’ve heard, you kissed Kyungsoo hyung right here.” Jongin tells Joonmyeon as if he’s speaking with him face to face. “Knowing that I feel kind of jealous but you’re reason was legit enough for me. That’s why I’m claiming Kyungsoo back and I’m wishing you a happy life with you lover in heaven.”

Kyungsoo turns speechless at the man’s statement and before he knows it, he’s being led by Jongin out of the cemetery. He makes a frantic wave of his right hand and turns to look back at Joonmyeon’s grave.

“Take care Joonmyeon! Thank you and be happy!” He shouts until his voice is just a whisper in the distance.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sitting on the couch with Jongin’s head on his lap, Kyungsoo’s thought are floating in his mind as he remembers the past occurrences. Everything is going perfectly fine as long as he’s concerned, Jongin’s no longer blind, they’ve visited Joonmyeoen, Luhan and Sehun is getting married, and he’s finally back home with Jongin but somehow there’s an unsettling feeling wretched inside him that he couldn’t normally explain.

 

Jongin fervently hums. “Hyung, you okay?”

 

“Yeah,” Kyungsoo assures. “Just some mental lapses I suppose. I’d sometimes think everything is just a dream. I mean, everything that’s happening is just surreal, almost like I’m losing grip on reality.”

 

“You aren’t hyung. It’s just disbelief, that’s all.” Jongin props his elbows to support his weight and sits to face Kyungsoo. “For a change, why don’t you try to be optimistic and see all of this as a blessing.”

 

“A blessing,” Kyungsoo mimics the younger man. “That idea might sit well with me for only awhile. Besides, you know well that I’m not the oh so optimistic type since there’s really little to no things to be optimistic about.”

 

“Me,” Jongin points out. “Shouldn’t you be optimistic to be having me?”

 

“Well, since you said that I realize I’m kind of thankful.”

 

“Kind of only?!” Jongin raises his voice by a few octaves such that Kyugsoo suddenly squirms in his place. “I can’t believe you hyung, all this time I thought-”

 

But before Jongin could even finish his sentence, his words are dissipated into thin air with Kyungsoo’s lips against his own. “Shut up you grouchy . You’re creating your own melodrama again.”

 

Jongin smirks in response. “At least I got what I want.”

 

“You’re unbelievable.”

 

“I know I’m breathtaking.”

 

“Gross Jongin.”

 

“Say what, instead of lounging here and just being lazily, why don’t you bring me to the museum hyung? I would love to see your masterpieces especially the one where I was the model.”

 

“Way to boost your self-esteem Mr. Kim, though I hardly think you’d like what you see.”

 

“Why,” Jongin quirks a brow. “Perhaps, did you create your sculpture whilst thinking of me in all my glorious state?”

 

The response that Jongin receives is a very hard and firm smack on the head.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Child abuse.”

 

Kyungsoo merely snorts at Jongin’s words as he pulls the latter to enter the vacant and huge museum. He flashes his identification card to the guards strictly standing in front of the entrance before pushing Jongin with half-hearted effort towards the hallway of the said place.

 

“I thought you wanted to see the art pieces here, what now?” Kyungsoo prods the younger man. “You look as if someone just finished hitting you with a sack of rice.”

 

Jongin protrudes his lips slightly. “Why are you so mean to me today hyung?”

 

“Because you’re being such a drama queen?” Kyungsoo replies uncertainly and Jongin just leans his head on the crook of the older male’s neck, inhaling his scent.

 

“Guilty.” Jongin gives up effortlessly, chuckling. “Just show me around then hyung.”

 

Settling it like that, Jongin is left marveling at the various sets of paintings, vases and sculptures scattered all around the museum. Having been given the privilege to see again, the man makes sure he won’t miss any single detail especially of those which Kyungsoo had been the one to make. The couple then stops every once in a while just so that Jongin wouldn’t only be able to feel now but also stare at the characteristics of Kyungsoo’s sculpture. He is more than amazed to say the least and mid way their tour, Jongin is nothing but jaw-slacked.

 

“Hyung..uhh..” He stammers. “You’re right. This isn’t exactly what I expected.”

 

“T

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter