XI.

Bind Blind
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter XI.

Missing You

 

Brown eyes stare back at Kyungsoo.

 

He fixes his tie, breathing deeply as he combs his fingers through his hair. Today is the day. He makes himself remember, hands trembling at the thought of revealing his sculpture for the Luhan's event.

 

“Smile. Smile.”

 

However, his smile doesn’t reach his eyes and somehow there’s the nagging feeling inside Kyungsoo that makes him think he’s kind of vulnerable at his current state. The bags under his owl like orbs are evident and his face is pale and lifeless.

 

The clock strikes eight.

 

Kyungsoo drives to the venue, pace unhurried and slow. There’s no rush as Kyungsoo firmly places his hands on the steering wheel, thoughts floating away to a lost land. He inhales, regretting the moment he did so for his car still smelled of nicotine and Joonmyeon.

 

“Deep .”

 

He mumbles absently, trying hard not to remind himself of the past days. A few minutes more, Kyungsoo stops by in front of a well known museum and he’s welcomed by a chauffeur who takes his keys and parks his vehicle. Still, as he enters the building, the redhead remains to be unfazed. Though his nervousness is doubled, Kyungsoo tries to stay nonchalant which he fortunately succeeds in doing. He walks, putting much effort into maintaining he’s composure when he’s suddenly stopped in his tracks.

 

Recognition flashes in Kyungsoo’s face for a second but memories of the past events comes rushing into his mind and so the supposedly wide smile somehow turns into an awkward and forced frown.

 

Luhan speaks. “Kyung..”

 

“What is it?”

 

“First of all, I’m still sorry. We are with Sehun and I haven’t been in contact with you for days. My calls are either always missed or rejected but that doesn’t matter, the thing is that I saw your sculpture when they delivered it this morning-”

 

“Mind to enlighten me where this conversation is actually going?”

 

“I just had to say your piece is amazing. It really deserves to be the main attraction tonight because your creation is more than what mine could ever be.”

 

“Thank you.”

 

And before the redhead could even leave, Luhan immediately engulfs him into a tight hug.

 

“He’s here tonight. A pity, he couldn’t see how perfect your masterpiece is.”

 

“He is my masterpiece Luhan and he doesn’t need his eyes to see it, he just have to feel it.”

 

Kyungsoo responds, words filled with confidence and assurance. Without another word, he walks away, leaving the doe eyed boy puzzled but smiling.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

“You’re almost as great as Mr. Lu.”

 

“Your sculpture is amazing.”

 

“Mr. Lu did the right thing in using your creation for the center piece tonight. What a way to prove he really has the eye for unique pieces.”

 

Too many compliments.

 

Usually, Kyungsoo was not the type to socialize with people though his works were the one concerned but considering this was a special event, he tried to maintain an aura which was as friendly and welcoming as possible. Even losing count of the people he shook hands with and spoke to, the redhead was a hundred percent positive that he was close to draining his whole energy.

 

With his smile almost disappearing, the man gives out a heavy sigh when he surprisingly hears a distinct sound out of nowhere. The sound of a wooden cane clinking against the tiled floor is disturbingly familiar and Kyungsoo freezes in his spot for a minute or two before he realizes that his already staring at a pair of thick, dark brown and heavy-lidded eyes.

 

“Jongin.”

 

The awkward silence follows. Standing in the hallway, the redhead and the blind man are similar to two unfamiliar people, strangers to be exact. It’s unnerving actually, the fact that Kyungsoo finally sees Jongin after a few days which the older of the two claims to be torturous. But as if mocking, the younger male’s physical appearance remains to be vibrant and relax while Kyungsoo literally looks as if he had just been drag into hell and was brought back to life.

 

Jongin finally parts his lips to speak. “Hyung?” He says, voice quite distant and shaking to the redhead’s ears, “Is that really you, Kyungsoo hyung?”

 

Why the he still calls him hyung after everything that has happened is totally out of the redhead’s understanding. He barely manages a soft ‘yes’ as a response when he gets the shock of his life.

 

Head press against the chest of the bronzed-skin man, Kyungsoo is quite skeptical and trembling. Jongin who seems to be much more calmer than the other, tightens his hug and as if he didn’t even need any confirmation, the young man takes all of the redhead’s figure into his arms, eager and apologetic, cane falling against the cold ground.

 

“Forgive me. Forgive me for killing her.”

 

“No Jongin. It’s me. It’s my mistake, I shouldn’t have taken her away from you.”

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter