XIII.

Bind Blind
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter XIII.

Wonder Wall

 

Kyungsoo looks back from the note in his hand to the man sleeping peacefully in front of him.

 

Eyes tightly cast with a white bandage, Jongin remains unconscious as his chest rises and falls in a rhythmic motion. The nauseous scent of medicine is caught up within the vast space of the room and continues to linger in the air while the IV fluid falls routinely at a normal rate, leaving the redhead bored as he stared at it.

 

He then hears a soft grunt and instantly, he turns his attention to Jongin who tries to sit up from his position.

 

“Hey,” Kyungsoo says “Don’t force yourself when you still can’t.”

 

“I’m fine hyung.”

 

“Does it still hurt?”

 

“Not anymore really, it was the anesthesia that helped a lot.” Jongin tells the redhead, pouting. “Besides I’ve been sleeping in this bed for one whole week, I swear if they inject one more doze of tranquilizer in me I’m going to punch them in their faces.”

 

Kyugsoo chuckles. “Feisty, aren’t you?”

 

“Oh more than that hyung.”

 

“Don’t worry, the bandage would be taken off  today so you don’t have to be problematic of nurses plunging injections on your body.”

 

“Thank God.” Jongin just says in relief, letting his shoulders slump in relaxation. He stays immobile in his place for a minute or two before he is startled with the loud roar of laughter that reaches his ears.

 

He sighs. “Let me guess, it’s Luhan right?”

 

“Yes, yes it’s him. Goodness,” Kyungsoo remarks, flicking the man’s forehead. “Will you call him hyung? That guy’s older than you by a bazillion years.”

 

“Doesn’t really show in his character specially when he’s with Sehun.”

 

“Did I just hear my name?” A deep voice interrupts the conversation of the two males, followed by the ear-splitting laugh of another man. Welcoming their own selves inside Jongin’s hospital room, Luhan and Sehun whose presence could easily be felt made Jongin mentally roll his eyes while Kyungsoo was just left grinning.

 

“Oh yes you heard it right.” The redhead responds, plotting mischievous thoughts in his mind. “Actually, Jongin and I were just talking about how I noticed a red bruise on your neck the other day you came to visit.”

 

Jongin rides in, speaking innocently. “Oh yes, Kyungsoo hyung said that to me. Perhaps, it was Luhan hyung’s fault?”

 

By now, Luhan had long stop laughing about a stupid joke Sehun might have said and instead, the both of them stood still in their places, eyes widening and faces furiously blushing at the couple’s words.

 

“You two make me feel like puking.” Sehun states, putting on his poker face.

 

“And the both of you are so gross.” Kyungsoo comments in return, face contorting into a provoking grin.

 

Luhan starts to fake a cough, laughing uncomfortably. “Errr,” He says, rubbing his nape. “Would you like some fruit Jongin?”

 

“I’d be more than glad to try one hyung.”

 

Immediately, Luhan sets towards Jongin’s bed and Sehun walks forward to the couch near Kyungsoo’s chair.  He then makes sure to bump the redhead’s shoulders by a bit before walking pass by him and Kyungsoo replies him with a mocking smile.

 

“Since when did you start calling Luhan, hyung?” Sehun asks Jongin, crossing his legs as he allows himself to be comfortable on the couch.

 

“Kyungsoo hyung ordered me to so I guess there’s no harm in trying.” The blind man states, shrugging.  “Why, are you jealous?”

 

Sehun laughs. “Oh please, spare me that . Kyungsoo’s been rubbing off too much of his wittiness on you.”

 

And the blind man just sticks his tongue out at Sehun, who in return rolls his eyes. The following minutes, the four males start to bicker and talk, the echoes of laughter, ringing out through the deserted hallways. They spend their time, teasing each other and arguing about the littlest things they could think of and they enjoyed it to say the least.

 

“Did I bother you guys?” Jongd

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter