II.

Bind Blind
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter II.

Echo

 

It’s Friday, three more days before Christmas and Kyungsoo wakes up to the smell of coffee early in the morning. He hums a soft tune under his breath as he walks out of his room but only realizes a certain change when he takes note of the smell of coffee once again.

 

Stupified, he immediately rushes toward his kitchen to see if a culprit had invaded his house but ends up face palming himself when he notices the familiar sound of a cane.

 

“You’re finally awake.” The man chirps all too gladly that Kyungsoo cringes a little.

 

“I told you not to touch my things right?”

 

“Oh, I just wanted to thank you for letting me stay last night.”

 

“And that thank you, I supposed, is in the form of coffee?”

 

Unsure, the man responds.“Yes?”

 

“Do you even know if I prefer my coffee black or with cream?”

 

“No. But how do you like it then?”

 

“Stop. I’m expecting you to leave my house before lunch ends.”

 

The man gapes. “Can’t  I stay for awhile more?”

 

“Don’t push your luck.” And without another glance, Kyungsoo turns his back to the man. His figure, all cold and heartless once again.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

With his head leaning against the kitchen table, the stranger waits for the hours to pass by while tapping his fingers against the marble structure. He whistles melodies in a low tune and stops when he hears the sound of footsteps coming near. “You’re back?” He asks even though he’s not so sure if he’s talking to the same person earlier. He tilts his head to face the man and silently prays in his head that his line of sight is directed in the right way.

 

“I’m on your left side.” Kyunsoo comments as if he had read the man’s thoughts. “And since I’m throwing you out a few more hours later, I think it’s best to give you some decent clothes too. So stand up now so I could lead you to the bathroom.”

 

“You’re too kind.”

 

“I just pity you.” Replied Kyungsoo before he started leading the way to the washroom. Although silent, Kyungsoo notices the stranger mumble below his breath and so he halts in his steps awhile after. “Do you have anything to say?” Questioned Kyungsoo and hesitance is in the man’s eyes.

 

“Spill it out.” The red head demands and the man rubs his neck with a shy smile on his face. “May I know your name?” He says with a tinker of hope in his eyes.

 

“You’ve asked the same question last  night.”

 

“I just really need to know it.”

 

“Why is that so?”

 

The stranger gulps. “I can’t see you. Of course you won’t allow me to touch you too so I wouldn’t know how you look like and the closest thing I have to recognizing you is your name.” He explains, the flush of red visible against his cheeks.

 

Kyungsoo chokes in return, not able to say anything after the stranger had spoken. He just stares at him, noticing the other details he hadn’t put his attention to the night before.

 

Memorizing his features, Kyungsoo hardly admits but he thinks the man is quite the core of perfection. Gifted with plump lips and a skin tone as unique as the bright color of an emerald, it’s hard to imagine how he could be like any other human.

 

Maybe with the exception of some wounds on his forehead and his tattered clothes, Kyungsoo would somehow like to think that he has allowed an indescribable piece of creation inside his apartment.

 

And though a little distracted, Kyungsoo eventually speaks. “Say you’re name first before I give mine.”

 

“That’s easy.” The stranger laughs. “My name is Kim Jongin. Can I know yours now?”

 

“Since you’re so keen on knowing my name, once and for all I am telling you. I’m Do Kyungsoo.”

 

“Kyungsoo.” The man who introduced himself as Jongin repeatedly pronounces the name although it remains foreign on his tongue. He smiles, a smile that looks so free and contented before he speaks once again.

 

“Thank you Do Kyungsoo.”

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

“Aren’t you done yet?” Kyungsoo knocks on the bathroom door with an irritated voice.

 

Jongin responds with a squeak. “Almost!” He shouts and the next moment, Kyungsoo finds himself running towards the living room at the sound of his telephone ringing.

 

“This is Do Kyungsoo speaking, how may I help you?” He answers in a strained voice, trying to catch his breath.

 

“Kyung, this is Luhan. I need your help.” The man in the other line responds and Kyungsoo breathes in relief.

 

“And to think that it was someone important. Seriously. Ok, so what do you need Luhan?”

 

“Can you do me a favor?”

 

“It depends. What’s in for me anyway?”

 

“A hundred thousand won.”

 

“Wait. What? You’re willing to pay me that amount?”

 

At his question, Kyungsoo could hear Luhan sigh loudly at the other line. “Yes I am. That’s how desperate I am Kyung. So, will you do it for me?”

 

“Tell me what’s the catch.”

 

“I need you to make the final piece for the February collection.”

 

“What in the world?! Luhan, I thought that was your job. It’s your fifth anniversary in this business and you’re the one who has to do the final piece.”

 

“No Kyung. Listen to me, ok? I’ve got so much in my mind right now and you’re the closest friend I have here in Korea. We’re currently in a fight with Sehun and I need to follow him to China to patch things up. And if things work out, I’ll be coming back on the day of the museum’s opening and maybe, as planned out, I’ll propose to Sehun right there.”

 

“What…” Speechless, Kyungsoo is only able to say a few words. “You’re ing wh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter