Chapter Three

Misunderstandings

Jonghyun walked the rest of the way home in a funk. He knew that he should have let not-Key go after the three strikes in the grocery store, but he hadn't been able to help himself. He always went after a pretty face.

He knew that not-Key had had somewhat of a point. Just about the clothes though. Jonghyun figured that the clothes were the turn off because otherwise, his methods were flawless. Not-Key was probably just one of those people in a serious, long-term relationship that looked down on everyone that was not in one. Danny was probably some rich guy who took care of him and bought him fancy things. Yep, that was why he had turned Jonghyun down. 

Jonghyun felt his phone vibrate in his pocket as he walked into his apartment. 

*Taemin Calling* 

"Hey Taemin-ah, what's up?" Jonghyun answered quickly.

"Minho told me you wanted to ask me something?" Taemin answered distractedly. Jonghyun could hear him shuffling papers around and wondered whether this kid ever took time off from work.

"Haha, yeah. I just wanted to piece together my night. I don't remember much." Jonghyun said, taking off his clothes and heading for the shower.

"You were a like always, hyung." Taemin answered, not sounding judgmental or surprised at Jonghyun's behavior. "You were pretty wasted and you kept telling Minho that you wanted to have with his, and I quote, 'bombshell assistant'."

 "Oh ," Jonghyun laughed. "But I woke up with a guy?"

"Yeah, I figured. You were talking to the assistant, Jessica, when some guy walked by and winked at you. I think you actually told Jessica that you'd gotten hard and you disappeared." Taemin finished, the sounds of typing coming from his end of the phone. 

"Does Minho know?" Jonghyun asked cautiously, knowing that Minho had a great reputation at his advertising agency. He didn't want to do anything to jeopardize his best friend. 

"He's in bed with me right now, so yes." 

"Two things. One, how could you be doing work with a y piece of like Minho laying next to you? And two, is he mad?" Jonghyun heard Taemin giggle then sigh on the phone. 

"For the first part, I gotta tell you it is not without effort. He's and reading, which is possibly the iest thing he could be doing, aside from me." Taemin said, while Jonghyun heard Minho grunt in the background, probably at the fact that his boyfriend was too eager to share intimate details. "As for the second part, he said he's not mad because you didn't actually sleep with his assistant, so you're in the clear."

"Ha, awesome. Lets get lunch this week, Taemin-ah." Jonghyun said, grabbing a towel. 

"Alright hyung. Talk to you later." 

As Jonghyun got in the shower, he thought about how lucky it was that he hadn't gone home with Minho's assistant, mainly because he knew that Minho would have likely had to get a new assistant. Some people just don't deal well with one night stands, and he knew that Minho was fond of this Jessica girl. He also thought about other things; lyrics, melodies, and he had to admit that not-Key had crossed his mind as well. Jonghyun quickly shooed away the thought of running into the stranger casually and possibly changing the first impression that he left. He simply did not like being disliked. 

The rest of the week went by without incident, or anything out of the ordinary. Jonghyun was working on a couple of songs for an idol group's new EP and they were responding well to his ideas. He walked out of his office to go get lunch with Taemin and Minho on a cloudy Thursday afternoon.

They were meeting up at a new Bistro that Minho had recommended, at a general halfway point between all three of their offices. As Jonghyun approached the restaurant, he saw Minho and Taemin sitting outside under an umbrella. He was quick to note that they were holding hands under the table, and were smiling at each other in a saccharine, unbearable way.

"Break it up you two!" Jonghyun yelled as soon as he was in earshot. Taemin tried to pull Minho in for a kiss, just to annoy Jonghyun, but Minho only gave his cheek.

"You ruin everything, hyung!" Taemin pouted. 

"Hey Jonghyun, you're late," MInho replied, ignoring Taemin's pout (though Jonghyun didn't know how long that would last).

"Haha, yeah. I lost track of time when I was recording the guide for the song that I am working on." Jonghyun answered, but looking at Taemin's still pouting face. 

"When are those kids gonna debut? I feel like you've been working with them for ages." Minho continued, browsing at the menu. Taemin sighed loudly, his lower lip jutting out, he always hated that Minho didn't like to share their love openly. Jonghyun had seen countless arguments that stemmed from Taemin's insecurities and Minho's inability to meet his affection.

"They're just about ready, I think they're gonna start releasing the teasers soon. I'm super excited because I think the company is going to debut them with one of my songs as the main single!" Jonghyun chuckled looking for a waitress. 

"No one has come by," Minho announced, looking around. A young woman appeared from the door leading to the inside of the restaurant, smiling.

As the waitress approached, her smile got bigger, probably noticing how attractive her customers were. Two of them sat in suits, Minho in charcoal and Taemin in black, and one sat in dark jeans and a black jacket. When the hostess had called her from the back, she had been slightly annoyed that someone had wanted to sit outside on such a cloudy day. The hostess had assured her that she wouldn't mind working the table, and she was correct. 

"Hello, welcome to Mirae's Bistro, I'm Tiffany and I'll be your server today. What can I get you to drink?" she began, smiling very evidently at Taemin. 

"Hi Tiffany! I'd like a water with lemon please," Taemin responded quickly. 

"I'd like a water, as well" Minho added.

"Can I get a Coke, please," Jonghyun smiled. 

The waitress nodded happily and assured speedy service. 

"Could she be any more obvious?" Minho asked coolly.

"I thought she was nice" Taemin answered shamelessly, fully aware of what the waitress was doing. 

As soon as she came back, she set down Taemin's water and a small cup full of lemon wedges. The other's drinks were set down much less ceremoniously. "I didn't know how much lemon you wanted, so I brought you a little cup," she giggled. 

"Thank you, you're so thoughtful" Taemin assured her. "I think we're ready to order, if you don't mind."

"Of course, whenever you're ready." 

The men put in their orders, Tiffany being much more attentive when Taemin ordered, even going as far as reading it back to him to make sure that all of his specifications were covered. Minho and Jonghyun on the other hand, were only given polite smiles. 

Though Jonghyun knew that Minho wasn't a particularly jealous person, he knew that he disliked it when Taemin was playful with strangers. Not because Taemin had ever cheated, or been inclined to cheat, but because Minho wasn't sure what kept Taemin around. Taemin was a social worker, with a heart of gold, who came from an affluent family and decided to give back and help those he could. Although Taemin was just playful and never crossed the line into flirtation, he was always afraid that Taemin would find someone who would be openly affectionate and love him the way he deserved to be loved. 

As the waitress left, Taemin was chatty again. "You know what? I think we should go out this weekend." Before Jonghyun and MInho could interfere, he continued. "Hear me out, I know that Minho's party was this past weekend, but I didn't get to drink with you guys because I was taking care of the guests. I didn't drink at all. I'm not complaining, but I want to have a good time too!" 

Jonghyun laughed, knowing that he had to agree. Taemin had been the responsible one. "Alright Taemin, but we are all drinking. I don't want Minho to be a bore, complaining about how much work he has to do." 

"Sure, baby, whatever you want." Minho replied, taking a sip of his water. Jonghyun and Tamin continued to chat about what clubs were the best to go to to avoid the ridiculously wild crowds but still have a good time. 

The food was brought out soon after, probably due to the eager waitress. Tiffany asked them to try their food to make sure it was to their satisfaction. Taemin let out a quiet moan, making the waitress smile and making Jonghyun cringe. Taemin had the habit of always over expressing his sentiments on food, or anything really. 

"Baby, you should save those moans for later," Minho 'whispered' to Taemin, loud enough for the waitress to stand a little straighter. 

"Enjoy you're meal!" she answered quickly, and left the table. 

Taemin only giggled, enjoying the affection that Minho showed. 

Jonghyun laughed at the exchange, bracing himself for the weekend that was to come. He always had a good time with Taemin and Minho, they made exceptional wingmen. 

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

A/N: I'm sorry that I didn't update sooner! I just got done moving, and life was just hectic!

Thank you to each of you who subscribed, it really means a lot to me! My sister told me to tell you that I love you, which I do, so I'm telling you. :)

This chapter is a little more 2min in order to give more background into their relationship dynamic, and their future interactions with Jonghyun (and Key.. and all the other characters!)

PROMISE that the next chapter will move the plot forward and have a lot more JongKey interaction. Seriously, I have ideas. 

The song that I thought of when writing this, I guess in terms of 2min is Man In Love by Infinite.

Check it out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2C-dsCaFJzE