Chapter Fourteen

Misunderstandings

 

After much coaxing and many kisses, Key decided to stay. It definitely wasn't part of the plan, but he really couldn't complain. Jonghyun had ordered food for them and promises of yummy take out kept him in bed. 

It definitely had nothing to do with how the man whose wide smile and bright eyes made him feel. Key questioned whether the little butterflies he felt in his stomach were due to the fact that it had been so long since he had been with someone, or whether his body knew something about Jonghyun that his brain hadn't figured out just yet. 

They talked about random things while waiting for the food to arrive, like Jonghyun's worries about the group debuting or Key's passion for cooking. It was a nice conversation that allowed time to pass by too quickly for Key's liking. It wasn't that he didn't miss Danny every second that they were apart, but he didn't always have time to be an adult. Jonghyun seemed to show at least some interest in who he was a person, which was more than he expected. 

The way that MInho and Taemin had talked about Jonghyun had led Key to believe that he would be kicked out of bed promptly after . He had been pleasantly surprised at the cuddling; he told himself that it was because he was tired and not because he enjoyed being held. 

Neither of them dressed until Jonghyun's doorbell rang, rousing them from their comfortable position. The deliveryman had gotten an eyeful of the damage that Key had done to Jonghyun, bite marks on his neck and light scratches on his back. Key had admonished him for not putting on a shirt to open the door but Jonghyun assured that the delivery man was just jealous.

As they ate, Jonghyun's phone continuously vibrated, drawing Key's attention to it. He looked at the clock hung in Jjong's kitchen which indicated that it was close to two o'clock in the morning. He chose not to say anything, knowing full well the kind of person that Jonghyun was. There was no need to say something. 

"Sorry," Jonghyun said, finally deciding to take a call. "Hey, I'm kinda busy."

Key couldn't hear much what the person on the other end of the line was saying, only faintly making out the incredibly loud background noises. Whoever was calling was definitely at a club. 

"I can't hear anything you're saying!" Jonghyun almost shouted. He was unsure why Jonghyun was even attempting to deal with whoever was on the phone. Key knew that there was no way that Jonghyun would ask him to leave, right? After going all the trouble of convincing him to stay. 

"Are you ing kidding me?" Jonghyun continued. "I'll be right there."

There was one thing that Key didn't like feeling, and that was insecure. He hated when people made him doubt his decisions, and he felt like he was about to regret having come over to Jonghyun's at all tonight. He played with his food, pretending that he hadn't overheard Jonghyun's very loud conversation. If he was going to be asked to leave, he wanted to be asked directly. 

"Hey," Jonghyun began. Key glanced up and saw his apologetic eyes and his insecurities eased up a bit. It was obvious that Jonghyun didn't want to leave, Key thought, but what could possibly be forcing him out at this hour? "My sister is kind of stranded in Hongdae. Her stupid friend, who was her ride, decided to go home with some guy."

"That . I can go, you definitely need to go help her out." Key said sympathetically. 

"Um, do you want to come with me?" Jonghyun asked, not meeting Key's gaze. "I meant it when I said I wanted you to stay, but I can't exactly leave my sister stranded."

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah, uh, we can just go drop her off at her place and come back for more fun activities." Jonghyun assured Key, smiling. 

"Okay then, sure." Key said, while internally freaking the out. Why was he going to go meet Jonghyun's sister? Even though she was inhebriated, this kind of felt like something you shouldn't do when you just slept with someone. They weren't even friends with benefits, they had literally just slept together half an hour ago. 

Key was still nervous about the whole thing as he got dressed in his skinny jeans and t-shirt. He excused himself to the bathroom, giving himself time to inspect any tell-tale signs of having had not too long ago. 

Aside from his bruised lips and overall satisfied demeanor Key had two dark red marks, one on the base of his throat and another on his collarbone. It wasn't so bad, he thought. That was until he used the restroom and noticed the red welts around his thighs. At least no one can see those, he thought. 

They made their way out of the apartment and onto the elevator, heading down to the garage underneath the building. Out of the corner of his eye, Key could see Jonghyun fiddle with his keys. It should have been an awkward situation, having just had with practically a stranger, and going to pick up a drunken family member. To be honest, it was a comfortable silence between them. There was no need to try to impress the other. 

In the car, Key,almost instinctively, took a hold of Jonghyun's right hand. He had another minor panic attack, berating himself for acting like such a prepubescent teenage girl. Back in reality, Jonghyun had simply smiled at him and kept his hand where it was. 

The car ride was quiet, the music of the radio filling the car. As they got closer to the clubbing district, the sounds of Hongdae quickly drowned out what music they had playing.

"I think that she said that she parked near Hodge Podge," Jonghyun said, slowing down to look for his sister. As he drove around the area, Key found himself looking for a woman that may look like Jonghyun. He wasn't sure what he expected to find, especially since he had never met her before. 

It took them a few minutes before Jonghyun decided to give his sister a call. She was too far gone to give any specific directions but she did explain that she was wearing a white skirt and a navy blue blouse. It wasn't much to go on, so they decided to look for her on foot. 

"Lets split up. Call me if you find her. I'll text you her number so you can confirm who she is and some random girl doesn't try to get you to take her home," Jonghyun said, adding a wink at the end. 

Key began walking around the area, not really comfortable in the environment. He wouldn't have agreed if there wasn't someone in potential danger. He had a protective instinct that he couldn't escape, probably due to having a four year old. All of his friends about it, calling him Captain Save-A-Ho. 

He wandered around the parking lot when he came upon a girl leaning against a car in a white skirt and blue top. He couldn't see her face due the fact that it was in her hands. Key decided to go up to her, not really mattering who she was, she looked like she was in need of some help. 

"Um, excuse me?" He started, unsure of how to approach the woman. 

"Go away, . I'm not interested," she replied coldly, not even bothering to lift her head. 

"Do you need some help?" he tried. 

"Leave me the alone!" she cried out. Key was definitely uncomfortable now. He wasn't exactly sure what to say to the girl to have her trust that he wanted to help her. 

"Well, I'm gay. You could probably tell if you actually looked at me, I'm honestly just offering some help." 

When the woman lifted her head, and turned to face Kibum, they both gasped loudly.

"I'm so sorry Mr. Kim-" she started.

"Sodam-seonsaengnim," Key blurted out. 

Just then, Danny's pre-school teacher got a phone call. 

"Jonghyun, let me call you back real quick," she said into the phone, still looking at Key. He could hear Jonghyun yelling at her at the other end of line, explaining that a friend had come with him to look for her. Miss Kim then looked at Key, eyes widening. 

Key was sure that Jonghyun was explaining who was supposed to be looking for her, and she was realizing that Key definitely fit that description. With that, she hung up the phone. 

"Oh my God," she said, burying her face in her hands once again. 

"Well this is awkward," Key laughed. He was honestly so shocked at the situation, that he couldn't do anything but laugh. This was too much. The one time that he has a one night stand, it ends up being with his son's teacher's brother. 

"Mr. Kim, I promise I'm usually not this much of a mess." She tried to explain. "Its just that my friend left me stranded, and its been a tough week so I just wanted to have a drink with some friends." 

"Miss Kim, its really okay. And please call me Key. I don't think now is the time for formalities." Key said, in attempt to calm her down. 

"Key, I'm sorry you have to see me like this. And thank you for coming with my brother to look for me. I didn't know who else to call," she said, getting a little weepy. 

To say that Key was completely overwhelmed by the situation would have been an understatement. To add insult to injury, he could feel his phone vibrating in his pocket. The only person who could be calling now was Jonghyun. 

"Hello?" He answered.

"Key, I can't find my sister and now she's not answering my calls. Have you seen her anywhere, I'm starting to-"

"I got her. I'll meet you back at the car," Key said, hanging up the phone.

He looked at Miss Kim, deciding that they should have a little conversation on the way to the car. 

"Miss Kim-"

"Call me Sodam," she interrupted, still looking shaken by the awkward situation. 

"Sodam, then. Um, I know this is really awkward for you, and I'm about to make it worse." Key said, trying to get what he needed to say out before he mortified himself. "I may or may not have hooked up with your brother earlier."

"Its really none of my business, Key."

On the way to the car, and to Jonghyun, Key informed Sodam of much of his life story. He knew it must sound like a crazy person, but he tried to explain to her how Jonghyun assumed that he was taken and that his best friend had not cleared up exactly who Danny was to Key.

She was surprisingly receptive to his pleas, Key was sure that the liquor in her system had something to do with that. He explained that he didn't think he'd see Jonghyun romantically past tonight, and kids thrive on stability, so he really didn't feel like shaking things up. 

As they reached the car, Sodam had a sad smile on her face. Jonghyun looked at the two of them from the drivers seat of the car, but neither of them made a move to get in the car. 

"Its a shame," Sodam said.

"What is?" Key asked, confused. 

"That you won't be seeing my brother," she said opening the back door. "I think he needs that stability that you provide for Danny."

Key walked around the car to the passenger side and got into the car quietly.

"Thanks for coming to get me, Jonghyun."

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

A/N: Hey guys! This is the promised second update! 
I wanted to kind of entangle Key's and Jonghyun's lives even further! I know the end of the chapter didn't wrap anything up, but the next chapter will be from Jonghyun's POV, and he MAY have overheard a little something. ^.^ Not sure though. ;)
Hopefully I will update againg sometime this weeked. Maybe even twice! 
I have a pretty solid vision about where this is going, so writing comes easier.

Thank you for reading! Please subscribe! Comment!

Love you guys!