Chapter One

Misunderstandings

Its not that everything came easy to Kim Jonghyun, its more along the lines that he only does things that are easy to him. Writing deep, emotional songs for artists, even though he hasn't felt even an inkling of butterflies for someone since high school. Sleeping around, without so much as ten words to any given person. His life was about nothing but easy happiness. 

As his eyes fluttered open, Jonghyun looked around at his surroundings. The sun's harsh rays roused him from slumber, and beat down on a stranger's back next to him. He groaned, audibly, at the rush of pain he felt in his head. He knew he must've had too much to drink at Minho's party last night. Not only was much of the night a blur, but he couldn't remember the name or the face of the man laying next to him. 

He got up tentatively, looking for his clothes that were bound to be strewn around the sure-to-be handsome stranger's apartment. His early morning escape began as routinely as all the others, struggling to get dressed as quietly as possible. Jonghyun was sure that the guy was a lovely person and all, and (though he couldn't remember) the was probably decent, but he hated the awkward post-one-night-stand dance filled with false promises of future dates and phone calls to ease a guilty conscience. 

Where others had to deal with a moral dilemma every time they woke up with a stranger, Jonghyun knew it didn't matter to him enough to stick around. He dreaded the fact that they would both know that the other was lying, and he didn't care enough to soothe a stranger's insecurities. 'That is for amateurs' Jonghyun thought to himself as he quietly made his way out of the apartment with his cell phone in hand. 

As he got in the elevator, he wondered if it was too early to call Minho for the details of the previous night. Jonghyun knew he should wait, as Sundays were the only days that Minho got to sleep in, but he was eager to find out if Minho had had a good time. 

Yesterday had been Minho's 24th Birthday Party at some club in the city. Minho had been pleasantly surprised at his best friend of many years and his boyfriend working together to throw him a surprise birthday party. Taemin had reserved VIP tables, gotten bottle service (and a cake!), and made sure the place was decorated to Minho's liking. Jonghyun on the other hand, had simply taken care of the invites. He was always the life of the party in high school and in college, so he knew just who to invite to ensure a good time. Jonghyun had assured Minho that since he was single, he would enjoy the party enough for the both of them.

Jonghyun stepped out of the elevator and decided to call Minho while also attempting to locate exactly where he was. As the phone rang, Jonghyun looked for street signs or landmarks to indicate how far he was from home. 

"Hello?" Minho answered groggily. Jonghyun laughed, guessing that Minho had enjoyed himself after all. 

"HEY OLD MAN, HOW YOU FEELIN'?" Jonghyun yelled into the phone, though it hurt him. 

"Ugh, not so loud," Minho complained. "Taemin is still asleep."

"You tire him out?" Jonghyun questioned teasingly, knowing that Minho hated to talk about his life. 

"Shut up. Now I'm guessing you're calling to try to piece together your night," Minho whispered, attempting to give his boyfriend a couple more minutes of rest. 

"Minho, you really are my brother from another mother, you know me too well," Jonghyun laughed. This was as predictable a routine as his early morning escapes. His best friend was always there to recount the hilarious antics of wild nights during the following mornings. 

"Well you're out of luck, bro, because after you insisted that I go shot for shot with you, I got hammered. I remember coming home and stuff but nothing else before that. Do you want me to ask Taemin when he wakes up? He, unlike other people, stayed sober and took care of all the guests" Minho scolded. Because Jonghyun knew that Minho wasn't actually upset at him, he carried on with the only parts of the conversation that mattered to him. 

"Holy , you got hammered? Well then I did my job as your best friend!" He laughed. "But yeah, tell Taemin to let me know if I acted any worse than usual. Get some beauty sleep and call me later, dude."

Jonghyun hung up the phone, walking in the general direcion of his apartment, having figured out where he was. He noted happily that the guy he'd gone home with lived within walking distance of his place. As he walked by a coffee shop, he shot a wink at a table of girls who audibly commented on his outfit which was much too gaudy for a Sunday morning stroll. 

His playful demeanor was popular with both es, to Jonghyun's liking. He'd never bothered with labels, knowing that his uality was relative to the most attractive person in the room. Jonghyun's happily married parents had been more concerned with their son's inability to remain monogamous than his ual preferences. 'Find someone level-headed and settle down,' they preached. They didn't understand why Jonghyun so blatantly disregarded their hopes for him. He had never introduced a ual partner to them (since that was all they were); though they had hopes for Minho, they had been disappointed in their son's insistence that they would remain just friends.

While walking, Jonghyun felt his phone vibrate in his pocket. As he pulled it out, he noticed an alarm he had set himself as a reminder to purchase toilet paper. Although he normally had his groceries delivered, he couldn't really hold off on the toilet paper. He walked in to a grocery store not too far from his place. Walking in, a lone male cashier silently chuckled at Jonghyun's appearance, no doubt at the evident walk of shame outfit that consisted of black skinny jeans and a bright red, deep v-neck silk shirt. Not to mention the multiple rings and necklaces he was wearing. 

He wandered through the aisles of the mostly empty store, catching glimpses of only two other shoppers. Attempting to hurry out of there, he quickly browsed through their limited toilet paper selection and darted to the front of the store. Jonghyun definitely didn't care about being judged, but he didn't think that his life should be a talking point for people of the neighborhood. Due to the early hour, he thought he'd have no problem being in and out of the store quickly, but the male cashier seemed to be engrossed in conversation with his current customer. 

Jonghyun glared at the cashier, tapping his foot impatiently. 

"...she totally made the first move, and I swear it was the coolest thing ever," the cashier bragged. "She's such a modern, forward woman."

"Or maybe she's a ," Jonghyun chimed in, trying to cut the interaction short with his inappropriate comment. 

The giggle that followed was definitely not from the cashier, instead it came from the customer Jonghyun had failed to acknowledge before due to his irritation. It came from someone who Jonghyun could confidently say was the most attractive man he'd ever seen. 

____________________________________________________________________________

A/N: Hello! This is my very first chapter! I hope you like it, even though it is more of a set-up than anything.

The song I thought of while writing this was B.A.P.'s Coffee Shop because it seems like such a Sunday Morning kind of song. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6VzuX88Dc_g

Let me know what you think!