Chapter Two

Misunderstandings

The most attractive man he'd ever seen, but also completely not his type. 

Jonghyun noted that the man had a slim, lithe frame but was slightly taller than himself. The man had beautiful almond eyes, high cheek bones, bowed lips, and golden hair. While attractive, he was also slightly feminine. It just so happened that even though Jonghyun was interested in both es, he liked a strong definition of said in the features of a person. He liked strong jaw lines in men, and softer features on women. The person standing in front of him was definitely male, but had soft enough features to be called beautiful. Strike one- this guy didn't fit into his type when it came to looks. 

As the man giggled, he also turned to the cashier to negate what Jonghyun said, "Don't worry Jinki, I'm sure she was just really into you. Girls can get carried away as much as men, trust me." He finished, digging his wallet out of his jeans. This was when Jonghyun took the man's appearance in. He was wearing blue skinny jeans and a simple black polo. His shoes were the only thing that were strange. They were a mixture of bright colors, enough that Jonghyun was surprised he hadn't noted them before. Strike two- this guy didn't dress to impress (Jonghyun expected this of everyone in public).

Jonghyun didn't fail to notice that the guy mention how girls can get carried away. Strike three- Jonghyun didn't like people who weren't gonna like him. 

The guy was out. 

The cashier laughed at the customer's comment, "Thanks Key, I think so too. I mean its not like girls don't have hormones, and act up when.."

"I really hate to interrupt this dissection of the intimate moments of your love life, again, but I would love to pay and go home," Jonghyun said with exasperation in his voice. 'What is wrong with these people?' he thought to himself, attempting to get away from the attractive stranger before his interest piqued. 

Though the cashier nearly growled at him for interrupting the conversation, 'Key' swiped his card and grabbed his bags. 

"Just call me later Jinki, I gotta go anyways. Danny and I are going to have a picnic," Key said excitedly as he walked away from the store. 

Jonghyun quickly payed for his toilet paper, ignoring the not so quiet mumbles of the cashier claiming that he too wanted to go on a picnic. As soon as he paid, he took off running after the stranger. Since 'Key' had mentioned having a picnic with some 'Danny' that meant that he could definitely develop an interest in Jonghyun.

Though it may have seemed like more to others, Jonghyun never missed an opportunity to make new friends. The kind you can call up at 2AM and sleep with, that is. 

He saw Key walking down the street, humming to himself. Jonghyun ran his fingers through his hair, making it just the right amount of disheveled, as he walked towards the stranger. He caught up to him, putting a hand on his shoulder and his best smile on... when the stranger yelped and dropped all his shopping bags. 

"Oh , I'm sorry" Jonghyun said, smile fading and bending down to pick up the groceries. 

"Holy crap, you scared the crap out of me!" Key said, holding his fast-beating heart.

As Jonghyun handed him the grocery bags, blushing at his rare failure, Key began to laugh. 

"Its been a while since I got scared like that. I'm sorry for freaking out," Key apologized, taking the bags. "Did I forget something, or..."

Jonghyun smiled wryly and ran a hand through his hair, "Well actually, I was gonna ask you for your phone number," he said, always being honest with himself and with others. 

"I had the distinct impression that you did not like me very much back in the grocery store," Key said, not avoiding eye contact. That was something that Jonghyun was not used to. When men and women usually flirted with him, they avoided strong eye contact that would give away their intentions. 

"Well, there was only one register available and your friend did not do a very good job managing it." 

"Jinki can be like that sometimes. Actually," Key began, his eyes widening, "Shouldn't you be asking something else first? Before you ask for my phone number?"

"Do you like men?" Jonghyun attempted.
"Yes, but that's not it."
"Are you available?"
"No, but that's not it either."

"Well, what question matters if you're not available," Jonghyun shrugged. 

"Ha. Nevermind then." Key stated, looking satisfied with himself as he began to walk away. 

Jonghyun began to allow Key to walk away, when he had a change of heart. It may or may not have had to do something with the sway of Key's hips as he walked away. (Hint: it did.)

"This is really gonna bother me, you know" Jonghyun said, quickly catching up with Key who did not look surprised.

"That's not really my problem is it?" Key asked, not bothering to turn to face Jonghyun. 

"Well I want to know so that on other mornings, when I am not off my game, I can land the phone number of a beautiful guy. Though I'm sure he won't measure up to your beauty." Jonghyun said cheesily. This was a strategy that was strangely undervalued, he thought. Jonghyun would lay the cheesiness on thick, then pretend to get serious so that the other person felt special because they were seeing the 'real' Jonghyun. That usually got Jonghyun whatever he wanted. 

"Seriously dude, you are going about this all wrong," Key said, not stopping his walk. 

"I know, but I won't be able to get you out of my mind if you don't tell me,"  Jonghyun smirked. He knew he was laying it on thick.

"I'll give you a hint. What's the first thing that comes to mind when describing yourself to strangers?" Key asked. 

"Hmm, I like to think that I'm handsome. I'm a musician, and not a starving one. I am always the life of the party. My favorite food is samgyupsal. I'm great in bed." Jonghyun listed. 

"If that is what you say to strangers, I think you should seriously look into psychological help." Key laughed.

"Well, that's just what I say to strangers that I like. Like you. I like you," Jonghyun said bluntly. That line was usually what got people. Since most people nowadays are too afraid to put their feelings out there for others to see, most people loved when Jonghyun made such clear declarations. Jonghyun expected a reaction, but what he got was not what he wanted. 

Key laughed. Not just a giggle, like back in the store, but a loud, unceasing series of chuckles that racked his body. He had actually stopped to double over with laughter, having a hard time maintaining his bags in his hands. 

"Oh my God, you are too precious," Key said between chuckles. Jonghyun watched the boy laugh and laugh, his eyes almost disappearing due to the prominence of his cheekbones. 

As the laughter settled down and Key began walking once more, Jonghyun decided to try one more time in an attempt to salvage the pride that Key had shaken. "Hey man, I just thought you seemed like a pretty interesting guy and I want to get to know you," he tried for a serious approach. 

Just as before, Key began to laugh. Not as hard, but a hearty laugh nonetheless. Jonghyun was puzzled as to why his game was off. He was ready to walk away when Key spoke up.

"I'm gonna tell you everything that was wrong with your approach, but I don't have time for you to interrupt me because I'm late as it is." Key looked at Jonghyun warningly. "First of all, your outfit. It is so dreadfully obvious that you are on your walk of shame this morning. I'm not saying you have to be a saint, but you are coming from the bed of someone else ready to hop into the next. That's, for the lack of a better word, tacky. Second, you claim to like me and that I seem interesting when you know absolutely nothing about me. Don't make such heavy claims when they aren't true because your credibility is ruined. Third, the only people who will fall for the cheese and lines that you lay out are people with low self esteem or low standards; you should make an effort to get to know people. Fourth, when someone says they are unavailable, drop it. If they are willing to cheat for you, they are willing to cheat on you. Give yourself some respect."

"Well . Is that all?" Jonghyun asked, now slightly offended. 

"My name, you forgot to ask before you asked for my number." Key said walking towards an apartment high rise, leaving Jonghyun on the street. "You also didn't give yours."

"I'm Jonghyun, and you're Key" Jonghyun replied smugly, knowing that he won the argument. 

"That's not my name," replied not-Key as he disappeared into the building.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

A/N: Hey guys! Thank you for subscribing, or reading! I hope you are satisfied with the chapter! 

The song that came to mind when I was writing this chapter was BEAST's Bad Girl.

Check it out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fA_rXpyF67s

I'll try to update sometime this weekend again, but I don't think three days was that bad, right?? :)