The Singing Club

You're Back Again.

 

“J..?” 
“It’s probably your old name?” Junsu’s dad commented.
Haeri smooths her finger over the letter J.
 
“Oh man, I liked the name Haeri though…” Junsu pouts.
“Na do chuwa. (i like it too)” Haeri looks up at Junsu and gives him a comforting smile.
“Jinja?! Okay! Haeri it is!” Junsu exclaims! “Well this ring..."
He runs up to his room and return in a bolt of lightning.
“You’ll just wear this like this than!” He puts the ring into a necklace chain and puts in on Haeri.
“Thank you.” Haeri smiles as she touches the ring.
 
N E X T  D A Y
 
“Welcome to your new school!” 
Junsu and Haeri steps into Jeju High, its a small school located at the heart of Jeju.
“Junsu oppa! Good morning!” A female student exclaimed.
“Junsu oppa! Annyeoung!” Another student greeted.
“Oppa! yi geo nu gu ya? (who is this?)” a third student asks.
“My friend from abroad!” Junsu brushes off all of them and pulled Haeri away. “Lets go lets go!"
 
Along the hallway:
 
“This is the Taekwondo Club. Next is the Dance Club. And after that..” Junsu explains as they walk along the Clubrooms.
“Junsu ah!!!!” A skinny guy ran over and tumble over Junsu.
“Oh! Eunhyuk ah!” The two guys high five and fist bump one another.
“Oh, who’s this pretty girl! Finally have a yeo-chingu? (girlfriend)” Eunhyuk nudges Junsu.
“Yah, stop your nonsense. She’s.. erm.. Appa’s sister’s friend’s cousin’s daughter."
“Huh?” Eunhyuk and Haeri both look at Junsu.
“Long story short, she’ll be staying with me from now on and will be studying here.” Junsu grinned.
Eunhyuk still looks lost but shrugs off and turn to Haeri.
“Annyounghasaeyoh! I am Jeju’s most handsome and talented dancer, Eunhyuk! You can call me Hyukkie Oppa!” Eunhyuk winks at Haeri and extended his hand.
“Ah.. Annyounghasaeyoh… Haeri imnida..” Haeri shakes his hand.
“Ah, Haeri-shi. Are you looking for a club? Why not join the dance club! We do lots of cool stuff, even Kpop dancing! You know Sechskies? HOT? La la la la~” Eunhyuk showcase some of his moves.
“Ah…” Haeri takes a step back.
“Yah! Stop being stupid, we’re leaving.” Junsu holds onto Haeri and they continue on their mini school tour.
“Yah! Junsu!” Eunhyuk shouts over but the two of them ignore him.
 
After walking further down the hallway...
“Right., do you want to join a club? Can help to waste something around here.” Junsu asks Haeri.
“Hmm.. But I don’t know what I like to do..” Haeri murmurs. 
Suddenly a song starts playing from one of the club rooms.
“Next song will be by AngelWings, "Remember me.”” the radio played.
“Ommo, AngelWings, You heard bout the tragedy ?” a voice was heard from the room.
“Yeah, so sad they didnt continue on. I kinda miss them.” another voice appeared.
“Especially.. Una-shi. She had the best vocal.” 
“Yeah..."
Haeri stops her tracks right outside the room and listens to the song.
Junsu looks over at Haeri, and saw the her in deep thought. Not willing to break her concentration, the 2 of them stood outside the clubroom until the song ended.
“Haeri ah, do you want to join the Singing club?” Junsu asks.
“Singing..?” Haeri voices.
“Yeah! Come on lets just go in first!” Junsu opens the door and pushes her in.
 
“Annyounghasaeyoh! Are you guys open to new members?” Junsu exclaims.
“Ommo! It’s Junsu oppa!"
“Yes yes we are open! Do you wanna join us!"
“Not me, but Haeri does!” Junsu pushes Haeri forward.
“Oh. Annyounghasaeyoh, would you like to join us?” A student stood up.
“Ah… Can I?” Haeri murmurs.
“Let’s hear your vocals! Just follow the piano keys okay?” The student walk towards the piano and starts pressing on a single note.
Haeri follows along with her Doh, Re, Mi.
They go higher and higher, each note raising to a new level of difficulty.
Until they reach the final note.
“Doh~~” Haeri sings.
“Ommo, you are really good! And have we met? You seem oddly familiar.” The student walks up to Haeri.
“Ah, I doubt so. Its my first time to Jeju, i think.” Haeri smiles.
“Well Haeri shi, I would like to officially welcome you to the club! I am Sooyoung! Nice to meet you.” Sooyoung introduces herself.