Getting Closer?

The Undesired Ones

Without hesitation she lead me down to the dining hall.

" What are we doing here? Where is she? " I looked back as she closed the doors behind me. " What are you doing? "

" I'm sorry" came a voice from behind me.

I looked back to find Hana standing a few feet away from me.

"You wouldn't have come otherwise. " she looked to the floor.

" I thought you had a fever!" I rushed to her. " Does that mean your okay? "

She looked up at me as if confused by my actions.

" I was really worried!"

" I'm sorry,"

" It's ok, lets just go back up stairs for now " I smiled as i grabbed her arm.

"That's a first. " I looked to the side where the boy spoke.

Hana gently removed my hand and left the room as he came closer.

" Where are you going? " I looked back at her.

" I have chores to take care of, please have a healthy breakfast. " she bowed and left.

"Then I'll just wait in my room. " As I started walking to the doors, someone grabbed my wrist .

" That's the first time I've seen you smile. " he turned me around with my wrist.

" Let go. " I tugged.

"Oh come on, you're not still angry are you? I mean isn't it time you accept it as the truth?"

I raised my other to slap him but he grabbed my wrist again.

"I'm not a child, I wouldn't be this mad for a simple thing like that." I said in anger.

- V POV -

'What? A simple thing?  Then what's she so mad about? '

" I've already accepted it! "

" Then why are you still angry?"

- Nara POV-

I didn't reply, looking away.

" Fine," He let go of my wrists and sat down, "Just sit down for now."

I slowly sat down at the chair farthest away from him. After a few moments of silence, I finally spoke. "The fact that they sold me...but they didn't even warn me or give me a reason... " I bit down on my lips to stop the angered tears from pouring out.

" That's it?! Ha ha ha! I thought you were angry and wouldn't have meals because of me."

" This doesn't mean we're on friendly terms, you are the one who bought me afterall." I glared at him. " How much did you pay them anyways and why me? "

He stopped smiling and became serious all of a sudden.

"Well?"

"I paid them well."

" Why? "

" I have my reasons. "

"What reasons? " I asked in a demanding tone.

" Don't worry I won't do anything to you. Lets eat breakfast! " he smiled again.

After breakfast he lead me to another room.

" What do you want to show me? " I walked behind him, suspicious of his acts.

" Just follow me."
....

"Okay here."

"What? "

" Someone told me that you enjoy the piano, " he opened the door, revealing a lavish white piano, " So here. " he showed me the way in.

" Is this yours?! " I traced its gold lining captured by is beauty.

" Yeah, and now you can play it whenever you feel like it.

I looked back, " Really?" I asked with subtle excitement.

"Yeah, here's the key. " he put a small key on top of the piano.

" Wait- Why are you suddenly doing this? " my smile left my face and instead was replaced with suspicion .

" Just cause, I have no use for it."

" Still, it's not like we're friends. You bought me. "

" I did buy you but that doesn't mean we can't be friends,"

"What? " 'What's with him?' I Iooked at him confused. "Thanks but, you can keep it" I said with disappointment, "I don't know how to play one anyways. " I gave the key back to him as I walked out.

 

- V POV -

 

" ..." I stared back down at the key in my hands as she walked out.

 

"Wait!" I ran in front of her.

 

"What? "

 

"Ah, I can't believe I'm doing this, " I whispered under my breath looking away.

 

"What? " she repeated.

 

"I can teach you to play it." I slipped the key into her pocket.

 

" What?" she looked confused.

 

"I don't have anything else to do around here anyways. Sooo...meet me here tomorrow before breakfast. "

 

"But -" before she could say anything else I exited the room quickly.

 

- NARA POV -

 

I looked outside of the room, but he was gone. I looked back at the piano and smiled. ' This place is really weird,' I slightly smiled and left the room.

 

As I walked to my room something hit my ankle, which had gotten better than before. 
" Ah! " I yelled as I fell to the floor.

 

-HANA POV-

 

'Did he just give her his piano room's key?...' Hana tightened her jaw as she saw Nara exit the room.

 

-NARA POV-

 

" Oh! I'm sorry!  I didn't see you!"

 

I looked up and saw Hana reach out her hand.

" That's ok, " I grabbed her hand as I got up and dusted my clothes off. "Are you going somewhere?  " I looked at the empty basket in her hand.

"Oh, I was just going to the garden to pick some berries. "

"Garden? You mean that maze out there??"

" Does that mean you've been there before? "

"Huh?!.. Oh..no, not really! It's just.. "  'Yah! Come on why'd you say that??!' I scolded myself.

"It's just?..." she asked.

"It's cause I happened to pass by there and it looks really big so it has to be confusing right?" I smiled to draw off any suspicion.

"Oh? I guess it could be confusing if you walk into the maze." she laughed.

"I knew it! " I whispered.

"Hm?"

"Oh..nothing! Mind if I help?" I smiled as I grabbed the basket from her hands.

"Oh?! But-"

"It's okay! I get really bored just sitting in here." I made my way down the hall. 

- - - - - - - - - - - -(Outside in garden) - - - - - - - - - 

"You don't want to go down that way, that's the way to the maze, " Hana pointed to the left as we walked through the door, entering the garden.

"Ah," I looked towards where she pointed. 'Now that I look at it in the light, the gardens really pretty,'

"This way, " Hana turned to the right.

I walked behind her, following her into a lane of bushes. 
"Here they are," she pointed to the red strawberries below.

"There such a bright RED," I smiled as I bent down to them.

" Here, try picking a few." she bent down next to me. "Only get the large, bright red ones. Like this." She showed me one as she plucked it from its stem.

"Like this? " I showed her one.

" Yeah, " she nodded. 
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

"I think this is enough. " Hana got up.

"What are these for anyways?" I stood up, standing next to her.

" I'll tell you once we get back. " she smiled and started to walk back as I followed her.

'What could it be? '
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

We re-entered, closing the door behind, and walked to the kitchen.

"So? What's all this for? " I looked at the counter which was covered with baking utensils, trying to find a place to put the basket down.

"Here, I'll find a place for that. " she grabbed the basket out of my hand.

"So? " I asked again.

"I'm going to bake a cake." she smiled.

"Right now? " I asked, "but,  it's still the early morning."

She shook her head, "Not today."

"Then why do you have all of this out? " I asked confused.

"I was just making sure that I had all the utensils, and the strawberries had to be refrigerated before they over ripened. " She pointed to the fridge where she had put the strawberries.

"Oh, but why are you baking a cake all of a sudden? "

"That's a secret. " she smiled, bringing her finger up to her lips, showing a zipper like action.

"For what? " I tilted my head.

"Enough questions, I have to get lunch ready. " she smiled as she nudged me out if the kitchen.

'What could it be?' I tilted my head, puffing my cheeks in thought.

I headed back to my room after I noticed that I was still wearing my nightgown. The elder maid gave me a light blue dress to change in to after taking a shower and braiding my hair up.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I walked into the kitchen and sat down at the dining table. He was late again.

"Oh?!  You're also eating? " he walked in looking shocked.

I looked at him.

"I thought you said you wouldn't eat this food, something about it being poisoned or something? " he tapped his chin as if in thought.

I twisted my mouth in annoyance, " That" I untwisted my mouth "... was before I found out who cooked the food." I looked towards Hana.

"Ah~, so that's it. " he grabbed his fork, smiling as he placed his napkin on his lap.

I grabbed mine and began eating. 

- - - - - - - - - ( Next Day)- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

" Nara-shi it's time for breakfast!"

I got up from bed and saw Hana pulling the curtains open. I put on my slippers and went to the bathroom. I splashed water on my face, ' Am I forgetting something? I feel like it, hmmm... I can't remember anything, I guess it's just my imagination. ' I closed the tap and stepped into the shower.

- V POV -

' Where is she??? I told her to be here before breakfast.' I stared at the piano before finally leaving. 'It's almost breakfast, she should at least tell me. ' I left annoyed.

As I walked out I saw the elder maid walk down the hall to Nara's room.

"Wait! " I called to her.

" Yes young master" she bowed.

" Show me where the dress room is. "

"Yes sire. "

A smile came to my face.