Revealing the Truth

The Undesired Ones

We walked back inside and after changing clothes I went to the piano room. It had been awhile since I had played it and I guess V felt the same way, because he was already there. The door was open as I peaked inside, but stopped in shock. Maya was next to him, her hands lay on his chest as she leaned closer to him. I tried to back out quietly, but as I turned I accidentally tipped over a vase making it crash with a loud noise. They looked back at me as I looked up startled and quickly ran out down the opposite hall. Without realizing, I ended up walking into a hall not knowing the way out. The more I looked at it, I realized that it was the hall from before when I first tried running away. Soon I got to a room which reaked with a familar stench. I slowly stepped in, flickering the lights on, wishing that I hadn't.

-NO POV-

V took a seat at the piano, warming up his fingers as he waited for Nara. As he played the first few notes, someone walked in; he looked up seeing Maya at the door. "Maya? What are you doing here? " he got up and walked to her.

"Taehyung? I just heard someone playing the piano so I came here. "

"Oh, would you like to listen? " he turned around, but she grabbed onto his arm, pulling him back.

"Actually, that's not really why I came here. " she moved towards him, wrapping her arms around his neck. "Do you want to know the real reason? "

"Maya- " he took her arms off of him.

"Oh, come on~" she smiled as she put her hands on to his chest.

*Crash*

I looked to my right, where piecs of shattered porcelian fell. 'Nara? '

She quickly ran out. "Nara!" I pulled Maya's hands away as I ran behind Nara, but lost her track when Maya pulled me back.

-NARA POV-

The lights guided her eyes to a gruesome sight, filling her vision with horror and fright. A bloody massacre lay in front of her, dragging fear into her legs, causing them to tumble. "H-hana.."

A girl's body lay in front of her, familiar, but covered with a thick film of blood. More girls lay around her, crowded within the room. There was something odd about them. No males, only females, yet, even more odd was the way they looked. None of them had any blood on them. They had no cuts or bruises of resistance or attack. As if the blood had been out of them and they didn't mind. Only Hana seemed to be in pain, with blood seeping out her neck. The blood had dried giving it a dark maroonish colour.

-Flashback-

"Remember, I said I knew about Hana's departure." He spoke calmly.

-End-

'He said that he knew she'd be leaving... '

Nara slowly got closer and saw that each girl also had small markings in their necks. Not as deep as Hana's however. She accidentally touched a body, causing it to fall apart into ashes.

"W-what is this.." she quickly got to her feet, as she heard a noise from outside. 'Is this V's doing? It can't be, Then what-' She suddenly remembered the night she had first come. 'The boy's eyes grew red as he stared at her neck in delight. '

'I have to get out of here! ' She quickly ran out and head straight to her room.

As she was walking back, V called from behind. "Nara! "

She looked behind, stopping in her tracks.

"Come with me. " he lead her to the garden.

-MAYA POV -

"Did she see you? " the butler asked Maya.

"I made sure she did. " she smirked.

"Good, we'll be able to finally get rid of him."

"Her demon's coming out. Now we just have to wait. "

-NARA POV-

She stayed silent as they sat down. 'Did he see me enter the room?'

"What you saw with Maya, wasn't anything. It's a misunderstanding. "

"It doesn't matter to me, it's none of my business anyways. Its not like we're in any relationship."

"Nara, look I don't have anything with her. The only reason I was kind to her was because I thought that you wouldn't want me to be rude, like I seemed to be with Hana. "

"Hana? " There was a pause before she continued. "Where.. is Hana? "

"What do you mean? I already told you."

"That night, I came, I entered the maze by accident. "

"What?"

"Inside...I saw a boy.. " she hesitated wether she should continue to speak. "I..I saw his eyes. And they were red. At first I thought that maybe I saw it wrong, but... " She looked at him, he was looking in deep thought. "I was just wondering, was that you? "

"Me? "

She slightly nodded.

"No, why? "

"Wha-"

"It looks like it's going to rain. " he stood up in a hurry.

"V. " she stood up next to him. "What are you?"

He stopped in his tracks.

"v-V.." she stuttered at his sudden stop.

He turned around and looked at her. "I'm... Taehyung! " he smiled.

"I'm serious! " I shouted with anger, but more in fear. "I.. I saw the room... "

His eyes widened, showing concern.

"I saw Hana..and all the girls... "

He took a step towards her. And she took one back.

"Nara, I'm not what you're thinking. "

"What do you mean? " she took another step back.

"I didn't mean to.. " he pleaded.

As she took another step back, a rose thorn pricked her fingers. A drop of blood fell on to a petal as the rain, washed it off. She looked at her fingers and then back at him. He opened his eyes, revealing the familiar red orbs.

"V? What's happening..."

He took a few steps closer to her, not hearing anything, but the sound of her thumping heart beat. Slowly he opened his mouth, revealing a pair of dagger-like fangs. Unlike, the first time, Nara quickly ran before he could even touch her. After running for awhile, she realized she was stuck in the maze again. The rain poured down making her drenched wet and cold. Suddenly, someone grabbed her arm, putting a coat over her and pulling her to the way out. They both rushed back inside the mansion, dripping wet.

He looked at her, with guilt in his eyes. "Nara, " he reached out to her, but she moved away before he could touch her. "Nara, I'm sorry.. I didn't mean to. I don't know what came over me. "

She looked at him frightened, still in fear.

"You're right. I'm not like you...but what I did was only for survival. Just like how you need water to survive, I need-"

"blood. " she finished his sentence. "So you took their lives for yourself..."

"I didn't harm them unless they gave themselves to me, but there's no other way. It's not my fault. She tried to hurt you... "

"So, then I was just another life source.."

"No, your different than them. You're the only one I ever loved. " he tried to make her understand. "Nara.. I love you, you need to trust me. "

As soon as the words came out of his mouth, a strong surge of pain stabbed her head. All of the dreams that she had made sense now. They weren't nightmares, they were the harsh memories she had buried and hidden away. She could hear the screams of all those she had hurt. All those she had loved. Everytime she had tried to love someone, she had ended hurting them.

"I can't.. You have to leave me. " she held her head in pain.

"Nara... "

"V... There's something in me... I'm afraid of it.. " She fell to her knees.

"Nara! " he rushed to her.

"Get away from me!" she screamed.

"Nara, what's wrong?! "

"I'll only hurt you! " she pushed him away.

"There is one way to stop the demon. " the butler walked in.

"What? Demon? " V looked at him, trying to make sense of the words.

"I'm surprised that you haven't realized it. "

"What are you trying to say?"

"You got sick before, so bad that you choked up blood and didn't even take your pills to stay awake. In fact, they didn't do much, did they? The memories you've been trying to suppress, those nightmares grew worse and affected your health in ways you hadn't imagined. "

"Stop playing with words, speak clearly." he demanded.

"Think about it. There's only one thing that can cause something like you- a vampire like you, to fall ill and possibly to your death. "

"A Gumiho. " Maya walked next to the butler.

"What?" he looked at Nara, who's hair turned a bright red, as nine tails slowly appeared. "Sh-she can't be! "

"Remember all those warnings Hana gave you? Everytime you touched Nara or grasped her into a hug, you would always get a small pain, and your nightmares, they came back didn't they?" Maya smirked.

"V..." Nara whispered over the pain that surged through her body.

"I don't care what you are! I won't leave you alone."

"Just kill him. A voice screeched from inside her head. "Do it. Feel his blood with your own hands. KILL HIM!"

"No! Get Away!! " She screamed.

"Nara!" V looked to her as she pushed him with force.

"I SAID GET AWAY!!" She pushed him hard enough to throw him across the room.

"It's starting! " The butler laughed in delight, joined by Maya who smiled in pleasure.