Inside the Maze

The Undesired Ones

During dinner he came skipping in joyfully with a huge smile plastered across his face.
"What are you so happy about? "

" I'll tell you once we get there. "

"There? Are we going somewhere? " I asked curious and a little excited.

"Can't tell you yet~" He teased.

"At least tell me when we're going."

"Tomorrow after breakfast."

"Really?" I asked happily.

"Don't get too excited, it's close by. "

'Close by? '

[...]

"HONEY!! " the woman shrieked at the bloody sight. She grabbed on to her husband who came running in.

"What's wron-" he was cut off by the little girls sight.

Her long brown hair had turned to a red, fiery-colour that mixed with her yellow eyes, piercing fear into those in front of her.

"Daddy!! " another girl, younger than her, ran to the tall man, crying till her face had turned red in fright.

"What.. What's going on.." the man uttered the few words slowly.

A small kitten lay in front if them, drenched in its own red liquid. The red substance leaked from inside it, covering the animal in a bloody cloak. The little girl threw a chunk of matching red substance from , grasping onto the cat's left paw with her hands.

[...]

Nara's eyes sprang open, capturing the fear she had witnessed within her dream, nightmare. The nightmare had come back. Every time she thought it had left, it came back even worse and with more detail. She had the same dreams before, but she couldn't recall when. It all seemed so familiar, yet she couldn't fit it together. 

Luckily it was breakfast time, and she didn't need to go back to sleep thinking about that. She hopped out of bed, excited after remembering about V's invitation to somewhere. She quickly freshened up and ran downstairs.

"Good Morning! " V smiled at her. But before she could reply, Maya rushed to his side smiling.

"Good Morning! " She replied.

'He was talking to her?...' She put her hand down feeling embarrassed.

Throughout breakfast, V kept looking at her weirdly. Like he wanted to say something, but instead he just smiled to himself.

"So, are we going to that place you told me about yesterday? " Nara jumped out if her seat.

"Right now? " He looked at her.

"Didn't you say after breakfast?" she looked at him confused.

"Yeah, I just thought you wanted to change first. " he pointed to her.

"Why?-Oh." she realized that in her haste she had forgot to change and was still wearing her pajamas. "Oops. " she slightly scratched her head. "I'll go change real quick. Wait here. " She turned to go back up.

"Ah~, let it go~ it doesn't matter^-^" he held her sleeve.

"Really? Like this?"

"Yep! Now let's go! "

He led me down a hall until coming to the familiar glass door. He led me out to the gardens. Instead of going to the fruit fields he took me in to the maze and covered my eyes. "What are you doing? " I asked kind of cautiously, recalling what happened the last time I was here.

"Almost there." he removed the cloth from my eyes, "Here."

I opened my eyes to a beautiful fountain in front of me. Next to it was a white, marble temple. "Its beautiful~" I looked at the statues around it. There was a little boy statue looking up to a beautiful woman, who smiled at him. "Who is this? She's so beautiful,"

"My mother... And that's me. " he smiled to the little boy, bending down to his height.

"Who made them? "

"It was a gift for my mom. My father gave it to her. "

"Wow~ she must love it!"

"She's doesn't. "

"What do you mean? Its so be-"

"She's dead. "

Her smile dropped faster than the words came out if his mouth. "...I- I'm sorry. I didn't -"

"It's okay. " He smiled again. "It doesn't matter to me. The real reason I brought you here is to show you the flowers. " he pointed to a field of flowers on bushes. "I come here when I feel down. You can come here anytime you want." he smiled to me as we walked to flowers in full bloom.

"Their Hyacinths, they only bloom once a year during the spring. "

 

I smelled a few as I walked by. He walked next to me, occasionally our hands collided with each other. I looked to him. He kept looking away. I looked down at his hands which hesitated to hold mine. He brought them close to my hands, but as soon as our fingers touched he quickly pulled them away. No one talked for a while. 'What's with him? Just the other day he came out and confessed and right now he can't even hold my hand?' I smiled, trying to keep in my laughter. I looked to the ground, and saw a small branch in front.

-no pov-

"Oh!" she tripped over a small branch, but V caught her hand, preventing her from falling. "Thanks. " She smiled. "You can let go now,"

"Hm? Oh! " His face turned a bright red as he let go. He tried to cool himself by loosening his collar.

"Ha ha! " Uncontrollable, her laughter spilled. "Moya?! "

"What're you laughing about? "

"You! Ha ha! Sorry," she wiped her eye and controlled herself. "What's with you?"

"Why? What's wrong with me?"

"Someone who already confessed and kissed a girl, can't hold her hand? "

His eyes widened and his cheeks blushed bright pink when she said 'kiss.'

"Th-that was before I confessed! So it changed things. "

"Like? "

"..nevermind! " He walked ahead.

"Oh, so I guess you don't want to hold my hand? "

He stopped for a few seconds and quickly continued to walk.

Nara smiled at his child like behaviour again.

-NARA POV-

I ran up to his side and joined him on the walk back.

" Why is there a maze around this beautiful place? Couldn't someone get lost? "

" It's to protect it, and so no one, but I can get in. "

"What about me? "

"I'll come here with you a few times until you get it on your own. "