4. Hana

The Undesired Ones

I hurried inside and sneaked into one of the halls I had come from. I passed a room with it's light on,

' This must be the room from before! ' 

I stared at it for a while catching my breath and slowing down my heart to its normal pace. I pushed my weight over to one of my feet to lessen the pressure on the ankle I had twisted before. 

'What's exactly in here? '

I grabbed the knob and hesitantly pushed it before someone grabbed my wrist from the back. I turned around to see the tall man from before.

"You can't go in there. " he said, again with a threatening voice. I didn't bother questioning him, something was off about the room and him.

He pulled out a thick key and immediately locked the door without letting go of my wrist with the other hand. He took my wrist and dragged me back to the previous room I had been in with the maids. This time the maids allowed me to take a bath on my own and left, however they came back after only a few minutes with a new gown and towel.

"Quickly change." the elder woman snapped at me.

I looked over to the dress she placed at the table. This time instead of a dress they brought a white nightgown along with matching slippers.

"You've missed dinner's timing because of what you did earlier. " the maids scolded me.

'What else should have I done??' I argued in mind, 'it's not like the maids would understand, they weren't there to witness anything after all', but I didn't care, I didn't feel like having dinner at the moment.

" Please quickly change for bed...And this time don't try anything foolish. " they scolded with stern looks before exiting.

After I had changed they lead me to another room, one maid in front and the other at my back watching my every movement to make sure I couldn't escape again.

" This is your new bedroom. The bathroom is attached over here. " The elder maid said as she pointed to her right.

I looked to the main door as she opened it.

"Please stay here quietly. " the younger one said softly while the elder one exited.

After some silence I finally spoke first. " What's your name? " The maid looked confused at first and wouldn't look me in the eyes.  "If you don't tell me, how will I be able to communicate with you? Should I say 'you' ?" I tried to make her speak to me.

She finally whispered something softly, "Ha...na "

I looked at her and slightly smiled. "Annyeonghaseyo Hana... " 'Should I tell her my name? She seems nice, I just hope she doesn't give it to anyone else.' By anyone else I meant the other maid, the tall man and who ever the 'young master' was. "My name is Nara. Nice to meet you." I smiled back and took out my hand to greet her.

Either she didn't get what I was doing or she wanted to avoid me as much as possible because she didn't move an inch and instead gave a weird expression. I put my hand back in and the elder maid re-entered with a full glass. "Drink this, it'll help you sleep better." She handed me a cup of what seemed to be warm milk. I took it into my hands and slowly gulped it all. I gave the glass back to her and I suddenly became tired. I lay down as everything around me darkened. 'What's ...happening..'

My eyes slowly closed, leaving me in darkness.