Hana Has A Fever?

The Undesired Ones

 

                   


" Don't you want to know what you're doing here?"

 

 

I slowly sat down trying to find out more.

" There are conditions to knowing however. "

"What conditions?"

"Firstly, you have to sit still and just listen to what I say without any questions until I'm finished talking. "

"..Fine"

"Second, you won't try anything foolish after I'm done talking."

"What? " ' Just what is it? '

"Do you agree to the conditions? "

"... " ' I guess I still have to know what I'm doing here' "...I'll listen.  "

He took out the package the other man had brought in before. "This is the proof to what I say. " he tapped the package.

I looked to the package wondering what it enveloped.

"Just tell me already. " I demanded.

"Don't be so impatient. " he frowned. " Well let's see, where should I start?.. Oh right! Firstly you were infact sold off to me. It's not a story, nor a lie. "

I opened my mouth before he cut me off.

" Stop! You're going against the first condition. " He put his index finger up to his lips, mocking me.

I closed my mouth again, looking to the side in anger.

"You're parents saw you as a hassle, they needed money and saw this as an excuse to get rid of you. " He continued.

I glared, looking back at him. I gritted my teeth in anger trying to keep my mouth closed.

"If you still don't believe me, I can show you the proof." He opened the package, spilling its contents in front of me.

My eyes tensed up and my mouth lost its grip. Multiple pictures of me and my parents scattered themselves across the desk.

" Oh! and this. " He pulled out a piece of paper from his drawer, laying it before me.

My eyes widened as I grabbed the contract. I traced the signatures at the bottom of the page, right next to the familiar stamps.

"No... This isn't real..." I shook my head, my eyes starting to water.

I threw the papers aside and got out if my chair, making my way to the door.

Outside the maids dragged me to my room. "Please stay in here. "

" Get out. " I whispered under my breath.

" I'm sorry, but -"

"GET OUT! " I yelled looking away.

"It's ok, you are dismissed. " the boy spoke from outside the open door.

The maids bowed and left with the boy closing the door behind them.

I sat down on the bed as tears streamed down my cheek. Not because he told me that my parents had sold me, but because I had known that it was the truth for awhile but didn't want to believe it as the truth.

- FLASHBACK -

"Mommy look at this! Isn't it pretty?" the little girl ran up to the woman holding up a firefly.

" What are you doing?! That's disgusting! and don't call me mom! " the woman smacked her hands.

- SECOND FLASHBACK -

"Dad, Where were you guys? I couldn't see you anywhere! " the girl smiled as she entered the room, putting a folder down.

The silence filled the room.

The girl walked to the kitchen to find a note stuck to the fridge.

- We're gone out to have dinner with your sister's new boyfriend  -

The girl put the note down and walked to her room. She closed the door behind her, slipping out of her academic dress and tossing the mortar board on to the bed.

- END FLASHBACK -

*Knocking at Door *

I opened my eyes to the knocking on the door. The maids re-entered, "Miss, it's time for supper ."

I closed my eyes and turned the other way.

- V POV -

I walked over to her bedroom to see why she wasn't at supper.

" Miss, it's time for supper. " the maids said.

She looked the other away, turning her back on them.

' What happened to not believing me? Why's she so depressed?'

" Let her be. " I signalled the maids to leave.

- HER POV -

I sat on the bed with my back against the wall. Another knock came, this time I was awake and only one maid came in.

"Miss... " 

" ... Hana? " I looked at her.

She closed the door and carried over a tray to me.

" What are you doing? "

" Miss, you haven't eaten since morning. I brought some warm soup to get some energy back. "

" Sorry... I'm not hungry."

"Miss- no... Nara-shi. "

I looked to her, that was the first time she said my name.

"Please eat something Nara-shi. " she lightly smiled.

'She's so kind, what is she doing here serving him?' I slowly got up and grabbed the soup. ' Did she also kidnapped?...or sold?...'

- V POV -

" Where is the other maid? " I asked the elder maid.

" Young master, she has gone to give supper to the girl. "

" Really? " I walked out of the kitchen.

....

I stopped outside of her room, listening.

" Miss, you haven't eaten since morning. I brought some warm soup to get some energy back. " the maid said.

" Sorry...I'm not hungry..."

' Obviously. ' I thought to myself, 'there's no way she'll eat, not yet anyways. '

"Miss... no, I mean Nara-shi... "

' Nara? So that's what her name is. ' I smiled to myself.

"Please eat something Nara-shi."
....

" It's delicious. "

' Did she really eat?'

" Thank you. " Nara said.

- V POV -

....

The maids were lined up in front the kitchen door as I walked past them. I stopped in front of one. " You " I pointed, " Starting right now you are that girl's personal maid. "

- Nara POV -

I opened my eyes, this time the maids weren't in the room. I sat up and looked around the room for some time.

*Knocking at Door *

I looked to the door, seeing Hana enter. She came alone again.

"Good morning Nara-shi! " she smiled.

"Good morning," I smiled back. " What are you doing here? Where's the other maid?  "

"From today on I am your private maid."

My face lit up, " Really?! " I smiled.

" Yes, I came to get you for breakfast. " she smile back.

My smile dropped and I looked away.

" Nara- shi , you must eat." she walked over to my side but I didn't budge.

- V POV -

" Sire, she refuses to come to eat. " The maid informed me.

" I should've known,"

" I'm sorry sire." she bowed again.

" It'll take a while. Just attend to her for now. "

- Nara POV -

Over the next few days, Hana visited frequently and kept me company. We had become closer, learning about each others likes and dislikes, but today was different.

'Why hasn't she come yet? ' I worried. ' I'll just wait for a few more minutes. '

After what seemed like an hour, she still didn't show up which caused me to worry more.

* Knocking at Door *

The door opened and my eyes shot in its direction. I smiled. " Hana! What took y-"

" I'm sorry, " the elder maid walked in.

" Where's Hana? " my smile faded.

" Miss, Hana will not be able to serve you today. "

" Why not? " I worried again.

" I'm afraid she's come down with a fever.  "

" How? She was fine yesterday." I got out of bed, putting on my slippers.

"It could be because of the lack of sleep "

" Take me to her." I walked to the door.

Without hesitation she lead me down to the dining hall.

" What are we doing here? Where is she? " I looked back as she closed the doors behind me. " What are you doing? "

" I'm sorry" came a voice from behind me.

I looked back to find Hana.


I updated early cuz I'm probably going to get really busy with school starting!  :'( I have to review everything! and I haven't even started shopping for school yet! :P Is anyone else freaking about how short the break was and how much littletime we have left?!!!

Luv <3,

Sophii