A Fresh Start (Final)

The Undesired Ones

"His heart rate's returned to normal, just look over him for awhile. " A woman spoke nearby. He turned over, rustling in the sheets. His first sleep in a longtime made him want to stay in bed and not ever leave.

"I think he's awake, I'll go check on the girl. What was her name again? "

"Kwon.. Nara?" another woman answered before leaving.

His eyes immediately opened as the name left the woman's mouth. Pulling back the blankets, he looked at where he was, recognizing it as a hospital. He quickly unplugged the IV drip as he jolted out if bed.

"Sir! You can't do that! You still-"

"Kwon Nara, she's alive?" he asked in a hurry.

"Yes, but.. "

"Take me to her. " He looked to her.

"But you still -"

"My heartbeat's returned to its normal pace, you heard the other nurse. "

Without another word, the nurse lead him to a room and left. A group of people came out, just as he was about to head in. Her family exited with blank expressions which showed a little worry and fear. They looked back at him, recognizingly.

The father stepped to the side with him. "You know we can't take her back. We had a deal...We're moving out to a different city to make sure we can't run into her."

 "I know. "

"Take care of her...please." he spoke with a little guilt.

The man walked back to the group and after whispering a few things to them, left.

As soon as the people left, he rushed into the room, his eyes widening with shock and happiness. She looked at him, with confusion and shock at how he ran in. He rushed to her, "Nara! " hugging her tightly he looked back at her smiling.

"Excuse me??" she pushed him away.

"What's wrong? " he looked at her brightly.

"Umm.. Do I know you? "

"Mwoh? Of course, you know me, who else would hug you with your temper?" he laughed.

"Pardon me?"

"How are you feeling? " he smiled still holding on to her shoulders.

She gave him a weird expression before pulling her hand away from him. "Let go of me. Who are you? "

"What do you mean? I'm V of course,"

"V? That can't actually be your name. Get out before I call someone! " she threatened.

"Nara, don't you remember?" he got up shocked.

She clicked a red button, making a nurse enter the room.

"Excuse me! Get this person out of here." she ordered the nurse,

He looked at her shocked, realizing that she really didn't recgnize him. His smile dropped off his face, leaving it with a scar of loneliness and pain.

The nurse grabbed him, pulling him out.

[At mansion]

The elder maid held the silver sword, cleaning the blood off of it. The symbols shined in the sunlight,

If two enemies be in love, the curse they shall break.

Giving life to each other, mortality shall they wake.

"So, the curse has finally been broken..." she smiled with ease. "I guess I have to leave this place now. " she grabbed her suitcase as the sword evaporated in to the air.

[At hospital]

-Nara POV -

'Who was that boy?' I tried to think why he was here. ' He didn't seem insane or sick.' "Whatever. " I got out of bed.

"Ting! "

I looked down as something fell. A small gold key lay on the floor. I picked it up, analyzing it. It didn't look like it belonged to me. 'Does it belong to that boy?' I hesitated before going out to find him to return the key. I walked down the hospital hall, seeing the nurse from before. "Excuse me? "

"Yes? "

"Umm, where did the boy from before go? "

"Ne? " she looked at me confused. "Didn't you not want to see him? "

"Yeah, but he forgot something."

"He was heading out last I saw him. "

"Thank you." I head to the entrance of the hospital and thankfully the boy was still at the hospital. He was sitting on one of the benches in the lobby. "Excuse me? "

-No POV-

He looked up in shock as he held her hand out, giving him the key back. "I think you dropped this." He stood up, as she handed it to him. As she turned away, heading back he called her back.

"Wait, this isn't mine. "

"It's not? "

"Nope, " he put it back in her hand. " It's yours. For your piano. "

"But, I don't own a piano. "

"You've just forgotten...goodbye. " he shook her hand and left.

'...I've forgotten? ' she tried to think about any piano. He shook her hand and left. As he let go, something wet fell down her cheek. 'Huh?' she wiped her wet cheek, confused at her tear. She looked at her hand which made her feel weird. Some sort of sorrow filled it's empty palm, a mistake; a nostalgic regret.

She slowly walked back to her room, suddenly stopping as if she had remembered something. "V..." she whispered. Her eyes welled up as she looked back realizing her mistake. She ran back to the entrance, trying to search for him and ran out catching up to him. "V!"

He looked back as the girl ran towards him without warning. She grabbed on to his hands, intertwining her fingers with his. "Where do you think you're going? You still have to teach me the piano! " she smiled as tears flowed out.

His eyes lit up at her presence. Her soft lips leaned against his as she tip-toed up to him. His eyes closed, releasing a single tear of rejoice as he joined his lips to hers. Her heart beat fast against his chest, and this time he was sure she should feel his too.