Piano Lesson II

The Undesired Ones

NEXT DAY

This time I woke up comfortably when Hana came in. I had a good breakfast and made my way to the piano room. He was already sitting at the piano ready to go. I quickly took my seat next to him.

"The notes are written on here," He pointed to the music sheets, “I’ll play a few of the notes first;  try to follow along. "

I nodded, focusing on each note his fingers struck.

"Your turn,”

I placed my thumb to the white key and pressed down, moving my middle finger slowly to the black key.

"The pitch is too low, try a little further down.” He pointed to the keys.

I moved my fingers and tried again. After I finished he played more notes and I followed.

"That's wrong, try it again.”

I played the keys again.

"Not this key, the one beside it," he scolded me as I tried to focus on notes. I kept looking up at the sheet and messing up.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

"That's enough for today, well review this again tomorrow.” he got up and stacked the papers, putting them away on the shelf.

After dinner I went immediately to sleep, setting my alarm for early morning. 
- - - - - - -  - - - -  - -   -  -  -  -  -   - 

*Ring Ring *
5:00 A.M.

I quickly shut the alarm and hurried out of bed. After getting dressed I grabbed the piano room’s key and tucked it into the silk belt of my dress, making sure not to drop it again. I hurried to the piano room unlocking it slowly and quietly, making sure not to wake anyone. I slipped the key back in and closed the door. I grabbed the stacks of paper from earlier and placed the sheets in front of me. "Ting ting ting ting TANG "
"Ugh!" I replayed the keys over and over, studying the notes.
. . .  . .  . .  . . .  . .

Tired, I stretched back glancing at the clock, 7:45

I quickly stashed the sheets back to the shelf and went down to the dining hall.

For a week I made it my schedule to wake up and practise early in the morning in order to sharpen my fingers.

- V POV -

She had quickly improved her piano skills and didn't make as many mistakes like before, but something felt off about her. She looked pale and weary, instead of bright and strong.

- Nara POV -

5:00 AM

Again I headed to the piano room and unlocked the door. As my hands slipped the key back into the pocket, it slipped out; its metallic sound echoing throughout the halls. I quickly stuffed it into my pocket and rushed into the room.

- V POV -

*Ting!*

I glanced at the door from which a small noise seeped in.

‘Is someone else awake?’ I looked out the window, but it was still dark. I slipped out of bed and walked out into the hall, a light peaked out from the end of it, leading me to the piano room.

'What,’ I stepped closer, peaking inside. 'Nara? So that’s the reason she’s improved.' I opened the door  all the  way and walked in.

- Nara POV -

My fingers smoothly skipped across the black and white keys, making a beautiful tune seep out between the slots.

"So this is how you caught up so fast,"

I looked to my side as a boy in his pajamas walked in. I quickly got up and stack the papers in a hurry. "Sorry if I woke you up,"

"It’s okay, you can continue.” He smiled as he unstacked the sheets. "Sit down; show me how far you’ve gotten.”

I placed my fingers back on the piano and played from the start. "I've only got half of so far."

"Hmm..." he nodded at the piano, "I'll teach you the rest.” After a small pause he continued. “When you play music, don’t focus too much on the notes. You tense up a lot when playing. Just relax and feel the music, let your fingers glide them. “

I looked at him confused.

I looked to his fingers; they swept across each key so smoothly. Each key harmonized with the other, clearing my mind and filling it with nothing but peace.

- V POV -

My fingers glided across the keys smoothly until my hands came to halt as I looked to my left, towards her cheek which lay on my shoulder. A smile crossed my face as I swept her hair back. 
-  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  - 

-Nara POV –
My eyes fluttered open to see the piano still in front of me.
"Are you awake yet?” I boy asked me.

"Yeah,” I calmly replied. 'Wait what?! A boy??’ I looked up realizing that I was leaning on someone. "HUH !?” I immediately stood up, and shifted a few steps away.

"Why are you so shocked?" he laughed.

"When did you get here?" I asked, looking at the clock that read 7:30.

“Since around 5 or so,”

"5??..." I remembered last night, "Ah right, Well it's almost breakfast, I'm leaving.” I quickly went around the piano and left.

- V POV -

"Are you awake yet?” I asked, seeing her eyes open.

"Yeah,” She calmly replied looking up. "HUH !?" She immediately got off my shoulder, standing a few feet away from me.

"Why are you so shocked?" I laughed not wanting to embarrass her any more by telling her about how red her cheeks had become.

"When did you get here?" She looked at the clock.

“Since around 5 or so,”

"5??.... Ah right, Well it's almost breakfast, I'm leaving." She quickly scurried out of the room.

- - - - - - - - - - -   -  -   -  -   - - - -  - 

-HANA POV -

Nara quickly ran into the room.

"Where were you?” I asked looking at her nightgown.

"I was just practising the piano." she rushed to the bathroom.

'What? Practising at this time? Without even changing?' I exited the room heading to V's chambers to inform him of breakfast.

As I walked to his room, he walked out from the opposite hall still in his night garments.

"Young master..." I bowed.

"Oh,”

"Where are you coming from?”

"I was just playing the piano, a little. I'll be down in a sec.” He walked away.

'What? Playing the piano? Does that mean that he was with...?’ I tightened my fists.
-  - -   - -   - -   -    -   -    -     -    -    -   
- V POV -

During breakfast I looked at Nara but she avoided me. 'She's still embarrassed by that?’ I smiled.

- Nara POV -

I avoided his gaze but could still feel it.

I looked down to my food and picked up a large piece of omelette, swallowing it quickly.

"Ugh," I grabbed a glass of water and chugged it down quickly. 'What's wrong with this?!' my tongue started to itch and swell.

- V POV -

"Whoa, why are rushing so much?” I chuckled, "Nothing happened so why are you still embarrassed?”

She dropped her fork and started to chug the water down faster.  She coughed louder and faster.

"What's wrong?" my smile fell as I rushed to her side. Tears smeared down her cheeks, as she gasped for breath, grabbing on to her neck. Her face turned pale as she fell to the floor. 
"What's wrong?!” I lifted her into my arms rushing out of the dining hall.

"Sire, what's wrong??" the maids rushed over.

"Get the nurse, quickly!” I rushed her into the room.
-  -   -   -  -   -  -  -   -   -   -    -  -  -  -

I entered the room after a while and asked the doctor,

"What happened to her?"

"It seems that she had an allergic reaction. I gave her a shot so she should be fine now. Just give her some rest and make sure to keep the allergy causing substance away." With that he left.

I looked at her and then at Hana. "You’re her personal maid,"

She looked down.

"You're supposed to make sure that nothing like this happens."

"I apologize," she bowed again.

"It's not her fault."

I looked back to Nara. "You ok?"

"Yeah," she sat up.

"Sire," my butler entered.

"I'll be there." I looked back at Nara and then left.

- V POV -

"Nara-shi are you ok?" Hana asked.

"Oh, yeah " I smiled.

"I apologize."

"No, it's ok. It was just an accident. "

"Yes, an accident. You should rest up.” She bowed and then left. 
-   -    -    -     -     -     -      -     -      -
- V POV –

(In his office)

"I'll dispose of her." The butler picked up the limp body and took it out. My eyes returned to their brown colour as I wiped the blood from my mouth. 
. . . . .  ..
I headed back to Nara, closing the door as I entered.

She sat up as I came in. "Whose room is this?"

"Mine."

- NARA POV -

"What? Then this is your bed?!" I pulled off the blankets.

"Don't worry, I don't use it." he put the blankets back on me.

"What do you mean? Then where do you sleep?"

"Forget that, the nurse told me to let you rest, so just rest for now." he got up and left.

I lay back down and soon fell asleep. 
- - - -      - - - -       - - - -       - - - - 

*pit pat pit pat*
My eyes opened to the sound of the thundering rain. I got out of bed and walked to the window, pushing it open.

A smile came to my face as I gathered the raindrops in my palm.

*Click*

I looked back as V entered.

"What are you doing? You're supposed to be resting,"

- V POV -

I entered my room and saw Nara standing next to the open window.

"What are you doing? You're supposed to be resting," I walked to her closing the window, but she pushed it open again.

"I am resting."

"What’re you talking about?”

"Look," She held my hand and tugged it out of the window next to hers. "See?  It's so refreshing and calm," She smiled looking out the window as I looked towards her.

The thunder struck, snapping me out of my thoughts. "Ok, that's enough," I pulled the window shut tightly," Now go back to sleep. "

"I just woke up though, and what about you? Why don't you go to sleep, its already past dinner's time. "

"Since you're sleeping in my bed I guess we'll have to sleep together," I smiled as I sat next to her.

"What?! No way, I'm leaving!" She rushed to her feet.

"I'm just kidding," I laughed as I got up, "I'll sleep somewhere else." I sat down on a chair next to the bed desk and closed my eyes.

"You're actually sleeping there?"

"Yep, good night”

- Nara POV -

I lay back down and closed my eyes without going to sleep. After a while I opened my eyes. V was still sitting there, but his eyes were open as he looked out the window. 
'What? Why isn't he sleeping? '
I quickly closed my eyes as he looked over to me.