Birthday

The Undesired Ones

I opened my eyes to the sun rays that seeped through the window.

I slowly got up, looking around, before getting out of bed. I opened the door and walked out, heading to my room to get changed.

As I headed downstairs I could smell a sweet aroma filling the air. I stepped into the kitchen to see what was making the sweet scent.

"Oh, Nara-shi" Hana looked up from the oven.

"Morning!, what are you cooking? It smells wonderful! "

"Remember that secret I told you about? "

I thought of what she was talking about. "Oh, right! Can you tell me what it is now? " I remembered the strawberries she had picked.

"Not yet, just wait until dinner" she smiled at me and after trying really hard to find out the secret I finally left.

The rest of the day I noticed that the atmosphere had become tense. Even V who usually smiled for no reason didn't smile the whole day. Before dinner was prepared, I visited the kitchen to sneak a peak at the secret.  I looked inside and saw Hana rushing around in a hurry."What's wrong?" I stepped in.

"Ah, Nara-shi!" she looked back trying to hide something.

"What's that? Is it the secret?!" I smiled as I tried to get a glimpse if it.

"Yes, it's the secret which means you can't see it. "

"Okay,okay" I smiled and stopped trying to see it. "But what's wrong? You seem to be rushing."

"That... " *sigh * " I'll have to show it to you after all. "

"Huh?Really? "

She stepped aside revealing a feeshly-baked cake.

" A cake! No wonder i smelled something sweet!" I smiled "But, I don't see anything wrong with it." I analyzed it from each side.

"There's nothing wrong with it, It's just that I don't have time to finish." she pointed to the icing and decorations. "I have to take care of the decorations for the dining hall since the others cooked the food, which means I don't have time for the cake. "

"What if help? " I grabbed the piping bag.

"Huh? Really?! "

"On one condition, you tell me the secret." I smiled.

"Deal! " she smiled back. 

(....)

She whsipered the secret to me and I quickly started icing the cake and finished decorating it in time.

Hana rushed in,"Finished! "

"Same!" I showed her the cake.

"How did you do it so well?" she looked at it amazed.

"Thanks! I used to bake a lot before so I just used the basic skills I had learned. Let me see how you did, "

She lead me to the dining hall. I looked at the hall, that was now embellished from ceiling to floor with streamers, banners and balloons.

"You did all this in such a short time??!"

"How is it?" she asked nervously.

"It's great!" I smiled.

She looked at her watch, "Ah! We only have 20 minutes! You have to hurry and change! "

I rushed upstairs getting dressed. Hana brought a beautiful red dress with silver sequences with a pair of matching silver heels.

(....)
- V POV -

I stuffed the picture back into the drawer and locked it close heading downstairs for dinner.

As I approached to the hall, I noticed all the lights were shut. Hana was at the front of the main doors and held a flashlight, "Because of the weather the lights seem to be out, we're trying to fix it right now. "

"It's ok." I walked into the dining hall and sat down at the table."Where's Nara ?"

"She says that she doesn't feel too good and that she'll go to sleep early. "

"Oh... bring me dinner then." 

"Yes sire." she exited with the flashlight.

"Happy birthday to you~ happy birthday to you~ happy birthday dear V~ happy birthday to you! ~"

I looked back to see a few candles shimmering in the dark.  As they got closer I could see Nara's smile as she sang, walking towards me, stopping in front of me.

"What are you staring at? Hurry, blow out the candles! " she looked at me with her eyes widened.

I came closer and blew them out in one breath. The lights flickered on showing everyone else.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY! " They yelled popping confetti. I looked around, looking at the decorations. As soon as I looked back, Nara tapped my nose laughing together with everyone.

"What?" I touched my nose, looking at my fingers as they wiped off white icing. "Yah, " I swiped some icing on her nose, laughing.

"The cake! " Hana quickly cut the cake up before we could ruin it any more.

As the maids were about to exit Nara stopped them from going any further. "Join us! " she smiled as she passed the cake slices to them.

"Sit down and eat with us." I smiled at them.

- Hana POV -

'Did he just smile at us? And he invited us.. ' I smiled as I took the cake from Nara.

- V POV -

Nara passed the cake slices around and then looked at me. "Why aren't you eating? Do you know how long it took for Hana to prepare this? " She grabbed a piece of cake and brought it closer to my mouth. I turned to the other side causing her to accidentally smudge it across my face.

"I told you! " she laughed.

I stopped smiling and wouldn't look up at her.

"Hey, what's wrong? It was just a joke, " as she got closer I quickly smudged cake on her cheek.

"Hey, that's not fair! " she smiled as I laughed.

By the end of the party, we were all covered in cake. Soon the maids left and only me and Nara were sitting at the table.

"It's already late, I'm heading to bed, you should too." she got up and started walking to the door.

"Wait, "

"What? " she turned back.

"There's icing here," I raised my hands to her lips, but quickly replaced it with my lips. Closing my eyes, I slowly pressed my lips against hers.

- Nara POV -

"Wait, "

"What?" I turned around.

"There's icing here," he raised his hands to my lips, he got closer and pressed his lips against mine. 'WHAT?!!?' My eyes widened as he took a step back. I looked up at him and just as fast looked away, turning away and rushing upstairs to my room.

My fingers touched my lips and I quickly removed them. I could feel my face heating up and my heart beating irregularly. I rushed open the window and in a heep of cold air. I quickly took a shower and headed straight to bed.

'What was that for... My first too! ' I shook my head, trying to shake the thoughts out of my mind. I touched my lips as a smile curved them up. 'What?! Stop smiling! ' I closed my eyes confused and worried about my smile.

- V POV -

"Did I do something wrong? Ahh! Why did I even do that?!! " I rubbed my lips, wiping the icing off and splashed my face with cold water. "Why is my body heating up so much??? I don't think I should take the pills tonight, anything's better than having this feeling all night."

(...)

- NARA POV -

My eyes fluttered open to the sun that creeped into my room through the curtains. I got up and as usual went to the bathroom to freshen up. As I was brushing my teeth, last nights memory came back. 'UGH! Snap out of it!' I brushed faster.

I quickly got dressed and slowly made my way downstairs. The closer I got to the dining hall's door the slower I walked.*sigh* 'What am I supposed to do? Should I head back upstairs?.. No, I'll just pretend that I don't remember last night! ' I calmly entered the hall and sat down. 'Good, he's not here yet. Just stay calm and don't bring up anything from yesterday.'

A few moments passed and the elder maid brought my breakfast. 'Huh? ' "Where is he? Why isn't he here yet? "

"The young master will not be having breakfast this morning, please have a good meal. "

'What?... Is it about yesterday? He's the one who...- kissed me first! Fine.' I finished my breakfast and headed back up.

He didn't come to lunch or dinner either. He even skipped the piano lessons.

"It can't be that serious, did he do it by accident? Ah! Really he should atleast apologize..."
'I'll go look for him then.' I headed out of my room and walked down the hall to the office. *Knock Knock * No one responded so I opened the door on my own and snuck a peek. "Huh? If he's not here where is he? " I walked out and thought for a moment before heading to his room.

*Knock Knock *
Again no one responded, I put my ear against the door and could hear rustling. I slowly opened the door peaking in. 
*Cough Cough * he quickly rushed to the bathroom holding his mouth. "UGH! "

I rushed in to his room worried, "Are you ok?! " I quickly held his shoulders as he calmed down. I put his arm around my shoulders and helped him to his bed. 'So this is why he didn't come.' I felt bad for thinking wrongly about him.

"Are you ok? What's wrong?" I looked to the side desk, pills were scattered everywhere. I looked back at him. "What is this? Are you hurt?" I looked back at him as he slowly sat up.

"What are you doing here?" he looked at me with a serious expression.

"What?... I... " I hesitated, Why was here? I couldn't remember.

"Get out."

"What? I was just trying to help-"

"No one told you to. "

"...Fine." I got up tightening my fists as I exited the room. 'What's with him?! Someone tries to help and he gets angry??!' I hesitated for a few seconds and then left.