Piano Lessons

The Undesired Ones

-NARA POV-

When I opened my eyes the whole room was isolated. 'I must've fallen asleep, did he finally leave? ' I looked to the side to find him gone.

As I sat up I noticed a blanket on top of me, ' Where'd this come from? Was it him?- Yeah right! Probably one of the maids.'

I got up, walking to the door, still covering myself with the blanket in case someone came in. As I passed by the windows, a streak of light bounced in, dodging my feet, across the floor. "What time is it? " I rubbed my neck in confusion.

I slowly pulled the door knob, opening it to the silence. 'How long did I sleep? Where is everyone? ' I walked to the kitchen and found Hana.

"Oh, you awoke? "

"Yeah," I replied still dazed out.

" How did you sleep? " she smiled.

"Good, I guess. How long was I asleep for? "

"Well, it's time for lunch now so-"

"Lunch?! That must've been atleast 3 hours! " my eyes widened.

"Don't worry, it's probably because of stress from the whole incident this morning, " she smiled.

"Ah... Maybe.. Oh, Right! I have to change! Could you please give me a change of clothes? "

"I've already got them set out, I'll bring them up to you."

"Okay," I rushed up cautisouly, looking around every corner before making a turn.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

*Knocking at door*

Hana entered " I got the dress. "

"Thanks!"

"It's my pleasure," she smiled and walked out.

"Wait, another thing, "

"Yes? "

" Can you stop knocking before you enter? We're friends right? Just enter, I know it's you so I don't mind. Plus it's not like I have anything to hide," I smiled. "That way I'll also know if it's you or not."

"Huh? Okay, if that's what you'd like. Well, then I need to prepare lunch."

" Oh and I don't really feel like having lunch since I just woke up after having breakfast."

" I'll inform that, " she smiled and left.

- Hana POV -

I left the room shutting the door behind me, ' Friends? Tsk. '

- Nara POV -

I quickly changed into the new dress. 'Oh, forgot to return the blanket.' as I was about to open the door I let go of the knob. 'I'll probably be forced to stay for the meal again. I'll just return it later. ' I put the blanket away and sat back down. 
......

'...What am I doing? .. I know that I technically I belong to him, but why am I so calm? ... And who is he? He hasn't told me anything clearly and just plays around. What is he thinking and why hasn't he done anything yet?- Wait! Did he do anything while I was sleeping? He wasn't there when I woke up and I don't even see him anytime before or after the meals. Exactly what is going on?? ' I got up and walked to the window facing outside, " Where is this place? " I looked out but nothing but the grand yard was in sight. "This place doesn't look anything like the city, are we in country? "

*Click*
I looked back at the door. "Oh, Hana. "
"Nara-Shi dinner is ready. "
"Thanks, " I walked to the door. "Oh, here's the blanket," I handed it over to her and we left. 
....................

I sat down at the dining table, as usual he took along time in arriving. This timr before sitting down he slightly smiled at me.

'What the?'

"Finally awake? " he looked at me.

"What are you and who are you really? " I look back at him.

"Oh right! We forgot to introduce ourselves! I'm V " he smiled.

" V? Thats your name? "

"Why something wrong with it? Lets hear your name then. "

" You mean you don't even know the name of the person you- ... bought ?"

"No, I know it, but it's still polite to introduce yourself. "

"What?? You're teaching me about manners?- "

" Dinner is served, " one of the other maids lay a platter before us, cutting me off.

' What's with this guy?'

After finishing dinner I headed straight to bed to wake up early next morning. "Hana do you have an alarm clock I could borrow? "

"Yes, but why? "

"Can I borrow it? I have to get up early tomorrow."

"Why? "

"I have to do something, if I'm late this time, it'll probably be worse than today. "

" I'm not sure what you're talking about, but I'll get one for you. "
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

*RING RING*

I slowly peeked through my half-opened eyes and saw the alarm go off. 'What?...'

At once my eyes shot open and I arose. I quickly got out of bed and hurried to the bathroom. After getting ready I headed to the piano.,"Ah! the key," I quickly grabbed my night gown and shuffled through the pockets. 
"What?! I'm sure he put it in here, huh?!  Where is it?! " I turned my gown inside out and looked through all the empty drawers of the closet. 'Ahh, what should I do?' I ruffled my hair in frustration.

"Oh no! What if I lost it- lets see. Where did I go once I got the key? " I retraced my steps from a few days ago. "It can't be," I slapped my forehead " in the garden??!" I looked back at the alarm, there was still an hour before breakfast.
"Should I go check?- Oh wait! He should be in there so I don't need the key! Safe!" I sighed in relief and quickly headed to the piano room. 

I wuickly rusehed down the halls and found myself umbling over something or someone. *Clink *
"Oh, sorry! " I immediately apologized looking up to Hana," Did you drop something? " I looked to where the sound had come from. "Ah! Isn't that-"

"Oh, this key? " she picked it up.

"Where did you get that? "

"Huh? The garden..."

"Oh! Can you give it to me, that's the one I lost!"

"Oh? What is it for? " she handed it back.

" I need that key to get into the piano room. I have to leave quickly though, thanks!" I hurried on my way. 'Yes! Thank goodness I got the key back! ' 
....................

I quickly walked to the door and found it open.

" So you actually showed up today, huh?" he made his way to the piano and took a seat.

I ignored his remark and sat down next to him.

"So, where do we start? " I looked at the piano's keys. Their white and black pattern glistened from the gold rays coming through the white curtains.

"Since you're a beginner, I'll play the song first so you can get the feel of it. "

I slightly nodded in total focus.

*music plays : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HtPR4iSy27k

'...This song... It's so calm and beautiful, ' I closed my eyes falling in love with the melody. The keys struck a beautiful breeze through me, twinkling through my ears creating a river of harmony.

- V POV -

I placed my fingers, sweeping them across the pearly keys, ringing them and blending them with the darker keys above. My fingers walked across the keys without me. I looked to my side, her eyes closed as a peaceful smile lay there. Her eyes opened as if something had awoken her from a dream, stealing her happiness away and replacing it with confusion and misunderstanding instead.

'That smile... '

" What's wrong? " she looked to me.

"Huh? " I snapped out of my thoughts.

"Why'd you suddenly stop? "

"Oh, I.. I'll only play until here..you'll learn the rest as you progress." I hesitated as I spoke, not knowing why I had stopped.

"Okay, so how does it start? " she nodded.

- NARA POV -

"First put your fingers on F."

"What? F? What does that mean? "

"You don't even know the basics? "

"I already told you that, didn't you hear me?? "

" I didn't think you wouldn't know anything! " he looked at me like I was some idiot.

"I knew it, " I whispered,  "Forget it!" I got up from the seat.

"Mo-ya, sit down. " he tugged my arm back down. "I'll give you some books, study those for now. " he got up and brought a couple of thin books to me. 
"Here, study these for a few days and then I'll show you how to play the song. "

"Just these?" I read the book titles as I browsed through them. 'Well now I have something to do in my spare time. '

" First, lets go eat." he walked out.

"Sure.. " I grabbed the books went downstairs. 
............

"Nara-shi what is this? " Hana walked up to me grabbing the books and placing them down.

"Oh, there music books. I guess I should have put them in my room before I came to breakfast. " She took the books as I sat down.

"Music books? "

"Yeah, I'll tell you about it after breakfast. " I sat down. 
- - - - - - - -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  - - 
-HANA POV-

"Oh so that's what there for, " I replied after she had explained the music books to me.

"So now I have to study them before I can go play the piano. " She slightly pouted.

'He hasn't done anything like this before, not to anyone else, but this girl. Is he playing with her? '

"Oh, well I hope you learn fast, " 'Real fast '

"Yeah, atleast I have something to do in my spare time though. " she smiled.

"Well, I'll leave you to study then." I smiled and left.

- Nara POV -

I flipped open the books, looking through them. "BASIC PIANO: LESSON 1"
...............
- NEXT DAY -

*Ring ring *

I opened my eyes to the alarm clock. I slowly clicked it off, still hazy from yesterday.

I adjusted my weight on the matress as I shifted my position up. Pages lay open around the blanket.

I had spent the whole day reading through the books, learning the notes. I had gotten down most of it, but needed to hear the tune of each note to fully grasp them. I lifted myself out of bed and made my way to the bathroom, freshening myself before gathering all the books and looking through  them once more.

The clock's hands pointed to 7:30.
" There's still half an hour until breakfast, I should be able to squeeze in some time for practice." I opened one of the drawers and grabbed the key and the books and headed to the piano room. 
................

I unlocked the door and quickly entered placing the books down on the marble white piano. Grabbing the top one, I placed it open in front.

As I read each note, I tapped the keys in sync. Closing my eyes I focused on each key and listened to them one by one.

"F sharp " *Ting *
"B flat " *Ting *

I clicked the notes in random order trying to test myself. 
...........

* DING DONG * 
I opened my eyes and looked to the clock. "8 o'clock!? What! Breakfast already started?! " I quickly shut the books and hurried back to my room, throwing the books and the key into the drawer. I quickly rushed downstairs running into the dining room.

"Where were you? " V looked to me.

"Just in my room, " I quickly said.

"I thought you said you couldn't find her," he looked to the maids.

"We apologize, we made a mistake. " they bowed.

"It's not their fault, I was going through the halls looking for something." I spoke. "Sorry, I didn't tell them."

He looked back at me as another maid brought me breakfast. "What we're you looking for? "

" Nothing, I just felt like I was foegetting something so I checked, but it was just my imagination. " I calmly replied.

"Well, hurry and eat your food before it gets cold. "

I finished eating and headed back to study.

I shut the door behind me as I grabbed the books and sat down in the bed. I closed my eyes visualising the sound of the piano keys I had heard earlier. 
.....................
- V POV -

"Where is she? " I asked the maids."Lunch is already set."

"Sire she had lunch early today." the maid replied.

"Why? "

"She didn't say. "

I got up and went to her room. As I was about to open the door, I hesitated and leaned against it instead, placing my ear on top.

"E..G..B..D..F.. " she repeated to herself.

'What, is she studying? ' I kept my ear to the door.

"F.. A.. C.. E.. "

I chuckled and headed back downstairs. 
- - - - - - - - -
-NARA POV -

After having lunch I spent the rest of the day studying. "Yes!  I think I got it! " 'Should I go tell him? The earlier the better right? '

I got off the bed and exited my room. As I walked down the hall I realized that I didn't even know where I could find him. "Where's his bedroom? Oh! He could be in his office right?" I turned around, heading to the opposite hall. 
...............

"Wasn't his office this way?? Ahh~! Am I lost again?? " I walked back and forth trying to find a way I could return. "Did I already come this way? Or was it that way? " *SIGH*

"Why is it that when ever I see you, you're always sighing? "

"Huh?" I looked up to see V at the end of the hall.

"Oh, there you are! " I walked to him.

"What, we're you looking for me? "

"Yeah, I think I get the basics now," I showed him the books keeping a straight face hiding my excitement. 'He'll probably think I'm acting like a kid, getting so worked up over the basics.'

"Yeah I can see that, but what are you doing here?"

"Here? I kinda..maybe.. got lost, I was trying to get to your office but this place is so big and I got confused with the similar halls."

"Well, firstly my office isn't here." he turned around and walked into another hall leading me down to the opposite end. 

" It's here, and secondly... " he opened the door walking in, " my office isn't an office. It's a study room. " he pointed towards the book shelves.

"Study room? ," I gazed at the room. "Oh.. Well I just came to tell you that we can resume the piano lessons because now I understand the basic notes. " I put the books down on his desk and walked out. "One more thing," I walked back in.

"What? " he looked back at me.

"Can you tell me where my room is? " I avoided his gaze feeling stupid.

He chuckled.

"What? "

"Nothing, follow me. " he smiled.

I followed him out of the room focusing on the path.

"Here, " he stopped in front of my room and then left.

I entered the room, putting the key back into the drawer.

'I forgot to ask him when to meet for the lesson! ' I grabbed the door knob to open.

- V POV -

'Oh I should probably tell her when to meet,' I turned around and went to her room. Just as I was about to knock the door swung open.

"Oh! I was just about to head your way. "she looked up.

"Me? " I put my fist down.

"Yeah, when should we meet for the lesson? "

" Meet after breakfast this time." I said and left.

- Nara POV -

After V left I closed the door and sat back down on my bed, reviewing all the notes in my head.


I'm finally back! I actually thought that I had updated but I guess not! :( Sorry! Aso I'd Like to thank all my subscribers old and new, plz spread the word thank you and please comment! :( I don't mind criticism on improvement or complements and ideas either!

P.S.

- - - --  AND ......  represents a time lapse!