6. The Truth

The Undesired Ones

"Good Morning. " he smirked. "Please take a seat. " He signalled the maids to leave as he sat down.

"Wait..You're the young master?!" I slowly sat down.

"Yep. I tried to find you after you didn't show up for dinner last night. But you just ran off so suddenly. "

I recalled last night.

"What do you mean suddenly?! What would you do if somebody you don't even know told you that your parents sold you off to them ?!"

"I guess I was too straightforward. I should have told the maids to inform you." he lightly smiled as if mocking me. 

"What?! Are you still going to stick with that story?" I asked annoyed.

"But it's not a story," He slightly shook his head, looking confused. I guess you need some more time to take it in. "

I couldn't hold my anger in anymore and it all came out at once. I pushed my chair back and smacked my hands down on the table, shaking the platters.

" LISTEN, I don't who you are or what you want, but I won't sit here watching you badmouth my parents like you know them!  And for your information I don't plan on staying here any longer." 

I fast walked to the main door opening to reveal both maids still there. 

" Move. " I sternly said.

They just stared back at me.

"Didn't you hear me ?!" I stomped my foot cramping up my ankle. I winced at the pain and bit down on my lip again.

They still didn't budge. 

"Fine! " I puffed.

I walked over to the other doors only to find them all locked. I glared back at him.

"There's no other way out of here. " He smirked again. "Just sit back down. "

'I have to find some way! ' I looked over to the windows. They were larger than normal, I walked over to them and looked down. 
' It doesn't seem that high... ' I pushed the windows open.

"You can't be serious! You'll die if you fall from here. We're atleast 10 feet high, if not more. " He chuckled, still sitting calmly.

' I won't die! The max that can happen is that I'll injure myself again, but that's ok.'  I put one of my feet up trying to find a sturdy position so that I could fall properly.

- V POV -

She pushed open the window and placed her foot on the ledge. "You can't be serious! You'll die if you fall from here, we're atleast 10 feet high, if not more. " I chuckled at her foolishness.

All of a sudden she lifted herself off the ground and jumped.

I quickly pushed my chair back. 'She can't be serious! '

- Her POV -

' Please let this work!' I closed my eyes and jumped off the ledge.

"Ah! " I opened my eyes as my head hit the floor.

"Whew! That was close."

"Yah!  What's wrong with you!" I rubbed my head in pain.

He shifted his weight as he lifted himself.

"Ah!-" I bit my lip down, flinching.

"What? " he looked at me .

"Your stepping on my ankle!" I huffed under my breath.

"Ah! oops." he got off of me.

I slowly sat up rubbing my head.

- V POV -

I looked at her ankle,"What happened?" it became red and swelled. 

- Her POV -

" What happened? "

I looked up at him, he was looking at my ankle. 'Why is he asking? ' I remembered the red eyes I had seen the previous night. 'Wasn't that him? No, it wasn't human...it couldn't have been. Maybe it was the moon's light. '

"Nothing. I just tripped while running. " I got to my feet, he lend out a hand and helped me up.

I dusted off my clothes.

"Well, now will you have breakfast?" he signalled to the table.

' I can't escape right now and I haven't eaten anything since yesterday. I'll need some energy to quickly heal my ankle so that I can quickly get out of here soon.' I walked over back to the chair, limping on the ankle that had gotten worse after he stepped on it.

He smiled and walked over to his chair taking a seat. He looked over to the maid and she walked to me placing food on to my plate. Another maid served him. Lastly, she poured some light wine in my glass and his.

He took a sip and swirled the wine in his glass.

I grabbed the fork and picked up a piece of omelette opening my mouth, 'Wait ... What if this has something in it?' I closed my mouth putting the fork down.

"What's wrong? " he asked as he put a piece of omelette in his mouth.

"You probably put something in this, didn't you?"

"Hmm? " he swallowed and then continued, " There's nothing. "

I sniffed it and put it down. ' ... There's no smell, but I cant be sure. ' "Just like yesterday's milk? " I replied to his statement.

He stopped eating and put his fork down. After wiping his mouth with a napkin he looked up at me. He moved his chair back and walked down to where I was sitting. '...? ' I stared back at him.

At once the elder maid was at his side and took out a fork. I looked up at her, as she brought it up to .

"What are you doing?! " I immediately grabbed the fork and pulled it away from her.

"Now what's wrong? " he said with a blank face.

"What if there is something in it! "

He looked at me confused as if not understanding.

"Forget it, I'll just make my own food. "

"What? " he chuckled again.

"Show me the kitchen. "

He lightly smiled."Do as you please. "

"This way, " The maid said.

"You are dismissed. " He ordered her.

"But sire-" She got cut off

" I'll show her the way. " He continued to smile.

"What?... why?" I asked, suspicious of his actions.

"Just cause... Wouldn't want you burning down the kitchen to escape afterall. " He smirked again.

I rolled my eyes."Just show me the way."

He walked out of the room and I followed him into the next room.

"Well, here it is. Use whatever you want to. " He showed me the grand kitchen and took a seat, flipping the chair backwards.

I walked towards the cupboards and took out a frying pan from below. After I had gotten my utensils I lay them straight on top of the counter, next to the oven. I looked back to where he was seated, still observing me with his arms resting on top of the chair. "Do you have an elastic? "

"Why? You have clips in your hair, don't you? " he replied pointing to my hair. 

" The clips are falling, there a hassle to keep up with- Do you or do you not have one? " I asked again.

He called for one the maids outside and she entered with a brush and elastics.

" Its ok, I'll do it myself. " I unclipped the accessories from my hair and grabbed the elastics. The maid immediately left after taking the rest of the accessories with her. I grabbed my hair and roughly put it up into a ponytail.

- V POV -

' She's the first to do this... ' I smiled as she flipped her hair tying it up. 

- FLASHBACK -

" Mommy! Look what I made for you! " the little boy ran up to her throwing his bag aside.

" Oh my!  You're so talented, my little Picasso! " she smiled as she dusted the flour off her apron.

The little boy giggled as she his hair back.

"CLANK! "

My eyes shot open and I looked to see where the noise had come from.

-HER POV -


'Oh! Sugar, ' I walked to the pantry, passing the boy.

'Is he asleep? ' I slowly took a step closer as I waved my hand in front of his face. His eyes remained closed. 
'He's asleep, but the maids are outside," I looked around to find nothing but walls. *sigh* I took a step back and went back to the counter.

I used my arm moving my hair out of the way as I whisked the batter. "Ah! Finally done, now I just have to fry the batter." I lifted the ladle pouring the content into the pan . *sizzle*
.....

'This much should be more than enough!' I placed the pancakes and syrup on the table, pouring some warm tea into a tea cup.

"Ah! The stove!" I rushed to the stove and turned the heady off. 

As I walked back to my seat, I accidentally tipped over the suger can. "CLANK! "

"Ah! Really! " I cringed my hands, failing to catch it.

"What are you doing?"

I looked back. "Nothing, it just fell by accident. I'll clean it up."

"No need, that's why I have maids. " He snapped his fingers and the maids came back in to clean themess up.

*yawn * "Are you done making the food? " he yawned stretching back.

"I was just about to start eating"

"Perfect! " he smiled as he grabbed the fork.

"Huh?! What are you doing?" I grabbed his hand before he could put it in his mouth.

"Eating breakfast." He brought his mouth to the fork.

"Ah! Wait! " I moved the plate away.

"What? It's your fault I couldn't eat breakfast, I'm just being fair. "

"How is it my fault that you couldn't eat breakfast? "

" You're the one who made a huge fuss. " He grabbed the plate back. "Yum! What did you put in the syrup?!"

I glared at him ignoring his question.

"Wah! Delicious! I think I found a job for you! "

" What?! Don't even think about -!"

"I'm just joking." he chuckled cutting me off. 
....

"Ah!~ That was good!" he sat back in his chair. " Now, I have to talk to you. " his face suddenly went serious as he stood up.

"What? " I slowly asked him. 'What's with the serious expression all of a sudden?'

" Follow me." he exited the room.

'What's with him now?' I got up and followed him to the office i had been earlier.

" Sit down," he pointed to the chair across his desk.

" Why?"I eyed him with suspicion.

" Don't you want to know what you're doing here?"


 

 

Finally  got it updated! Sorry for the long wait and I hope you look forward to the truth! ;P i havegood ideas but i have trouble assembling them and in a way so that the characters don't get lost if you know what I mean? But isn't this so cute!? the pic I mean :)

Luv,

Sophii <3