Chapter 2

A Mortal's Touch
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Reaching the edge of the small village, the small cabin Minha had spotted from the hill looked less daunting and ruined. The roof was covered with a thick blanket of snow; some of it sprawled onto the window sills.

Looking down at her soiled pants leg, she lifted it slightly to see the wound starting to close. It would still take a few hours to fully close, but at least she knew she couldn’t die from it.

Releasing the fabric from her grip, she made her way over to the shabby looking cabin. Limping into the dark cabin, Minha looked around for any signs of someone living there. There was a bed, a couch and a small kitchen all covered in dust. There was a wood fire place near a window and a small door leading to the outside.

It was small but nice. Limping over towards a small window, Minha placed her hand in between a gap. Pulling as hard as she could, the sound of wood cracking echoed through the small room. With one final hard pull, the wood covering the window came loose with a loud crack.

Sun instantly filled the room, making it easier to see the damage. Minha sighed as she looked around the room. It’s not much but it will do. She thought. Moving towards the bed, she pulled the old blankets off, replacing them with her own. The bed itself was in good condition along with the other small furniture around the room. After an hour of limping around the room to clean, the pain that she once felt in her leg had slightly subsided.

Taking a seat on the bed, Minha ripped the soiled f

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter