chapter 17

A Mortal's Touch
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Fear rose in Luhan’s chest as he watched Kris glare at her; one wrong move and Luhan would jump in regardless of Kris being his leader. Frowning Minha looked down at the ground. “I didn’t mean to insult you; I just need to know what happened to my mother and if you had a role in it. “ Chen and Tao looked away from the scene. They knew how much it hurt Kris to see Minha’s mother die.

Smirking Kris looked into Minha’s eyes. “Yes because of me your mother is dead” Minha’s eyes widened. What? “Kris” Luhan growled as he walked towards Minha. “You killed her?” Kris shook his head. “She died protecting me” Minha felt her whole body tense up as tears filled her eyes. My mother died to protect him?

Luhan worriedly glanced at Minha. He could sense how worried and upset she was. Walking towards Kris he grabbed his collar as he glared at him with his icy blue eyes. “Enough. You could have told her in a nicer way.” Kris smirked as he looked at Minha’s confused face. How could he let her die? “You wanted the truth so you got it” Pushing Kris slightly, Luhan moved back towards Minha.

A loud slap echoed through the forest as gasps soon followed. Luhan, Xiumin, Chen, Tao and Lay all stared at Minha with open mouths. Kris’s eyes turned a blood shot red as he gazed down at her. “How could you speak like that? If you loved my mother you wouldn’t be speaking like you didn’t care” Minha turned her gaze to the other wolves. “I don’t care what you all do but I’m not letting those people die or anymore people die just because of me. I’m going to stop those trackers if it’s the last thing I do”

“Are you crazy?” Kris snarled. “Don’t you think your mother tried that?” Minha looked up at Kris. “My mother told me there was a way to kill them and I know how” Luhan gazed at her with horror. He was there that night Minha’s mother had told her how to destroy them.

Stepping forwards Luhan grasped her arm. “You can’t do that” He said as he looked over her face. Minha sighed as she gazed back at him. “If it’s the only way to stop them then I will. I’m not going to let any more innocent people get killed because of me” Kris frowned at the scene in front of him.

Walking towards Luhan and Minha, Lay softly spoke. “And what did your mother tell you about killing them?” Minha turned to look at the rest of the group. “Not here.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter